HHS Coach Gillespie
Sureyouare

Nashville, TN

#315 Apr 24, 2013
Ha closed he sucks and everyone knows it yeah I remember that game the other parents from that team were laughing
Sureyouare

United States

#316 Apr 24, 2013
Of course not E. he is fantastic
fieldwatcher

United States

#317 Apr 25, 2013
Was Keith Kelly at the UHA Hoptown games?
Baseball

Duluth, GA

#318 Apr 25, 2013
Nope! Have not seen Mrs. Choice either. Heard she does not get along with coach after what he said about her at school that some students overheard.
Bama Fan

Hopkinsville, KY

#319 Apr 27, 2013
Great! We win a game and no practice the next day. What a great way to celebrate. You have a losing record you moron. Batting practice is still needed. Why quit now? You still have games to play.
BTY - you are no prettier as a woman!
Coach Perry

Hopkinsville, KY

#320 Apr 27, 2013
Well, rumor has it Coach Perry is not staying. I did not figure he would be staying very long because very few people can work with the other two coaches. Going to be a sad day when he leaves.
Roll Tide Roll

United States

#321 Apr 28, 2013
Coach Perry wrote:
Well, rumor has it Coach Perry is not staying. I did not figure he would be staying very long because very few people can work with the other two coaches. Going to be a sad day when he leaves.
You are correct. He is leaving but not sure when. Can't coach with coach g. Coach g will not let him coach the boys without always adding his one cents worth and messing it up. He is being out coached and can't stand it. The boys like Coach Perry ten times more than they like Coach g.
Coachless

Hopkinsville, KY

#322 Apr 29, 2013
Way to run off Coach Perry! Best thing that has happened for the team all year.

Lets see how long the wins continue without Coach Perry.
Booster

Hopkinsville, KY

#323 Apr 29, 2013
Cadiz again...go to bed the bus runs early.
sumthinup

Corbin, KY

#324 Apr 30, 2013
Noticed the AD & assistant principal at the game last night, appears to be some sudden interest in what is happening at the field. I know what isn't happening, the school employees aren't working very hard on the new bathrooms. That is the biggest waste of school board money I have ever seen, paying these guys hourly to look at each other. If this would have gone to a private company it would be built!!
Gone, Gone, Gone

Duluth, GA

#325 Apr 30, 2013
Coach Perry is gone for good. He has turned his uniforms back into coach g. Very sad to see him leave as the kids were actually getting something out of Coach Perry's practices.
geez

Shelby, NC

#326 Apr 30, 2013
I swear some of you "Grown Ass Men" jack off as to what move Gillespie is going to make next, its ridiculous let your sons play ball at the end of the day Gillespie is coach and no changing that hop on behind him. They are on a 4 game win streak so get behind them quit doggin everything in sight and work during the day.
geezhater

Corbin, KY

#327 Apr 30, 2013
Figure it out Geez, don't like him winning or losing. He is not trustworthy with program money, he is terrible with the players, the players do not like or respect him & it is looking like the admin doesn't either. He has gone through four assitants in two years and can't put together a staff because they quit. He has the personality of an iceberg. Nobody ever thought the parents at HHS could come together on anything but it seems like they have now. Heck, he even fired the volunteer announcer, got someone else to do it, ran them off after one game and they had to be begged (not by coach) to announce again. The reason for the winning, nine young men on the field with desire and heart, something that two old men could learn from the players.
tigers

Charlotte, NC

#328 May 1, 2013
Couldnt have said it better, winning on oure talent and heart right now. Old Coach G held a senior up at third rounding te bag full speed the senior blew right by him and scored in plenty of time at home, so much for holding the runner wise man! Start sending them home GOTTA SCORE TO WIN!
Move On

Duluth, GA

#329 May 1, 2013
tigers wrote:
Couldnt have said it better, winning on oure talent and heart right now. Old Coach G held a senior up at third rounding te bag full speed the senior blew right by him and scored in plenty of time at home, so much for holding the runner wise man! Start sending them home GOTTA SCORE TO WIN!
So very true. Not to mention keeping a struggling pitcher in that walked in three runs. He is a great player just had an off night. Coach almost caused another loss. Thanks for the defense guys.
These boys are doing this on their own since Coach Perry left. The coaches don't know how to talk to the players to get them to produce. Coach Killebrew knows the game but does not know how to communicate it to the players. Coach Gillespie is just an idiot that needs to retire.
Hope the Tigers continue to win but with the lack of coaching going on it will be hard and even harder for them to make it out of district.
Looking for Coaches

Charlotte, NC

#330 May 1, 2013
The tradition of Hopkinsville sports is at an all-time low besides basketball! In order to feat this we need to get rid of the jokster of an AD and his hires will fall behind him. Been to maybe 2-3 baseball home games if that, came two nights ago because he heard the team was winning games now. Football is down but on the rise, and Clark is improving, still young and he is still learning himself but a great guy. Wont even mention softball!! baseball is really low but winning games because of pure talent. The school needs to take a look into this head coach. Whats the point of highschool sports? TO GET BETTER and hopefully earn a athletic scholarship even to a smaller school so us families dont have to pull on our pockets too much for college tuition. With this coach that cant be done because of the practices they are having! This team is full of POTENTIAL, but a coach has to develope players and push them in practice to be succesful and fullfill their potential into everyday talent. With that being said, with this Head Coach in charge none of these players will end up going to college because there is no leadership in practice along with no motivation, so the kids thinks its okay to cut up, not listen, and jackass around because they dont know any better. Two years is what was given to Coach Perry and Coach Harrell and they were both dismissed with far more Wins than Losses. Will 2 years get this jokster away from the helm? This is Gillespie's 2nd year with a way under .500 record, WHY YOU ASK? Because the players ARE NOT being pushed in practice, constantly having negativity weighing on their shoulders, they feel pressure when the situation has no pressure whatsoever. Keith Kelly this seasons on you along with Coach Gillespie. All the negativity youve heard all year long and still no actions taken. Well its about time to act. If you knew baseball and wanted what was best for your school youd make a change. But wait what the hell do you care it's neither one of your "alma maters". If you think you know who I am, speak up no shame in my game. I always speak freely and honestly could care less what anyone thinks. I just want the best for Hoptown Athletics and right now the job just isnt being cut. Btw, what retired 65 year old man would move to Kentucky from Florida to coach high school baseball, eapecially a town of Hopkinsville?
Thanks,
Concerned Alumni and Parent
Wtf

United States

#331 May 1, 2013
The last four post nailed it. Nothing about players, wins & losses, only deficiencies in the program. That is what is wrong and these things need to be addressed with the AD, principals etc. not just left to die on topix.
Mrs. Choice

Duluth, GA

#332 May 1, 2013
I wonder if she even has a clue as to what is going on with the program. This season is ruined. Coach Perry left because of this pea brain. The other coach quit to and I am sure it was not because of his job.
Practices are back to the crap they were from before Coach Perry came. Coaches fussing at players all the time. Coach fussing with parents all the time and not just one set of parents. Coach has spent all of the booster money without permission/approval as well as school funds without prior approval. Coach still demands things from certain parents and they do what he demands like little puppets. Coach mooches off the concession stand on a daily basis.
It is time for a change.
cherry berry

Hopkinsville, KY

#333 May 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="Mrs. Choice"]I wonder if she even has a clue as to what is going on with the program. This season is ruined. Coach Perry left because of this pea brain. The other coach quit to and I am sure it was not because of his job.
Practices are back to the crap they were from before Coach Perry came. Coaches fussing at players all the time. Coach fussing with parents all the time and not just one set of parents. Coach has spent all of the booster money without permission/approval as well as school funds without prior approval. Coach still demands things from certain parents and they do what he demands like little puppets. Coach mooches off the concession stand on a daily basis.
It is time for a change.[/QUOTE]
Well said , these two have caused turmol in the program and with the parents ,and the players are miserable.this is the most horrible situation and a change is well overdue. It's time to stand united and get it done.
Stand up and be heard

Duluth, GA

#334 May 1, 2013
If you want the administration at HHS to know the problems get up there and tell them about it face to face.

Topix is an easy place to vent , but its not like a good old face to face with the people in charge .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge marries horse and a man 1 hr Loki 5
Brittany the snitch ezell 2 hr Courtney 7
tracey Davenport? 3 hr Just wondering 6
God not happy with CC Decision 3 hr RichSinners 3
Ashley Cresie/Lanford what ever she calls herself 4 hr Tracy davenport 18
Mothers that choose partying over kids? 5 hr pissedoff 7
beautiful woman 6 hr bigdick 8
COUNTY JUDGE TO MARRY same sexes 8 hr Constitutionalist 31
More from around the web

Hopkinsville People Search