“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#1 May 7, 2013
Anyone else recall Republicans going on and on for months demanding the "truth" when U.S. embassies and consulates were attacked in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008 that resulted in over 30 deaths under George W. Bush?
I can't either! Go figure?
remember when

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 May 7, 2013
Remember when the raimen noodles were only 50cent a pack in jail?Man them were the days!!!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#3 May 7, 2013
The only thing they remember is how to hog all of the money but we will make sure they share it with the rest of us. There should be an extra tax on people that don't vote democrat and divide it up between people that do!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#4 May 7, 2013
When Republicants cannot honestly defend themselves or their leaders, they sure try to change the subject quickly, don't they?

Location hidden

#5 May 8, 2013
They sure do! They lie alot but us democrats always tell the truth!
Trust Nobody

Murray, KY

#6 May 8, 2013
Republicans lie. Democrats lie. Independents lie. Politicians look out only for themselves and the special interest groups that have supported their campaign. You really think they care a wit about equality for any group? All they care about is getting votes so they can stay in office and live and play on the taxpayers dime. Why do politicians want amnesty for illegal aliens---votes. That is the only reason.
Philosophy

Williamsburg, KY

#7 May 8, 2013
Remember when Obama blamed the video for two weeks? Remember when his administration didnt send in fest? The republicans are stupid to vote against putting money to secure embassies but Obama and his administration should be crucified for mismanaging Benghazi.
Philosophy

Williamsburg, KY

#8 May 8, 2013
By the this committee should be ashamed of its self. The republicans are all trying to pin Obama and the dems are all attempting to demonize and blame republicans. This is why we are all going to die.
Yes Turd A

Kuttawa, KY

#9 May 8, 2013
Remember when politics stunk more than politicians?

Me neither.

Yes Turd A
All your politics were far away
we didnt care if you were straight or gay
(actually we did)

Oh I believe in

Yes Turd A

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#10 May 8, 2013
Did the Obama Administration totally bungled Benghazi? Yes they did. I am not disputing that fact.
But, I also know that had this happened under Bush, they would be hailing the more than 30 people rescued/evacuated from Benghazi on 9/11 as a heroic victory. The corporate media (that you people think is liberal for some reason) would call the 4 tragic deaths unfortunate collateral damage in the war on terror, and Republicans would call anyone who said otherwise and dared criticize Bush to be a traitor.
Why don't you just be honest and admit that the only reason you care about this incident when FIVE other similar ones happened under BUSH is only because you hate Obama and that is it.
I Troll You So

Kuttawa, KY

#11 May 8, 2013
Remember when everybody cared about your incisive political opinions?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#12 May 8, 2013
Obviously not since you always reply to them?
I Troll You So

Kuttawa, KY

#13 May 8, 2013
In between your lonely bouts of sanity?

Location hidden

#15 May 8, 2013
Anybody that doesn't believe Obama is perfect is just plain wrong and doesn't want the truth. Obama could cure aids, cancer & alzheimers all at the same time if he wasn't busy fixing all the other problems on planet earth.
Philosophy

Williamsburg, KY

#16 May 8, 2013
Dude.. I'm not a bush fan but... He would have probably FORCED his administration to take action.... Hell he would have probably gone too far and invaded the country.... Lol more than Obama did. But the point is obamas administration could have supported the ambassador and diplomats in real time. I don't understand why they chose not too. Msnbc and NBC lean left. Fox leans right. CNN is slightly less biased but still quite left. If cspann wasn't so boring I could watch that. Bias in politics always screws people out of good judgement and coming to real solutions and I'm sick of it.
Philosophy

Williamsburg, KY

#17 May 8, 2013
Getting people dropped from their healthcare plans does not cure those diseases...
Philosophy

Williamsburg, KY

#18 May 8, 2013
We need a selfless political messiah to go all Lazarus on America's ass....
krisvare mims

Oak Grove, KY

#19 May 8, 2013
remember when wrote:
Remember when the raimen noodles were only 50cent a pack in jail?Man them were the days!!!
In Christian county jail Roman noodles are 50 still.
Old Dude

Crofton, KY

#20 May 9, 2013
the real anonymouse wrote:
Anyone else recall Republicans going on and on for months demanding the "truth" when U.S. embassies and consulates were attacked in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008 that resulted in over 30 deaths under George W. Bush?
I can't either! Go figure?
I'm guessing you are young. I am old enough to remember when the first (widely publicized) suicide bomber drove past a U.S. Marine sentry who was standing guard with an unloaded rife and killed 246 U.S. Marines in Beirut.

I'm not old enough to remember the event, but historians are still trying to place the blame for who screwed up at Pearl Harbor. Best they ever did was blame it on the command setup, i.e. the system itself.

Same thing probably holds true for Bengazi. Authorization to do something had to come from the top. That took too much time and left the way open for the situation to be misread, for the decision makers (or somebody beneath them in the chain) to be distracted by something else, etc. What is needed is for the U.S. Ambassador, consul, etc. to have a direct line to the nearest U.S. military commander and that commander have predetermined authority to react.

In that case the ambassador could have got on the horn and said, "Colonel Smith, we're being attacked. Help."

The commander would have been able to say, "OK, Ambassador Jones. We're on the way."

That's the way it worked before modern communications. For a historical example look at what the U.S., British, German, Austrian, Italian, French, and Portuguese ambassadors and their naval commanders did when they were threatened by a revolt in Brazil in 1893-94. And they did it while cut off from all communications with their governments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wild teacher at Heritage 5 min Interested 30
Family court divorce 58 min Old lawyer 4
staff at trilogy center for women (Dec '12) 1 hr Graduation 35
Rude pig nose bitch at the tobacco shop on coun... 1 hr Ex customer 5
New Store Opens in Kmart on June 1! Mark your ... 2 hr Running wild 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr RDC Cadiz 761
Ben Walden 2 hr Uncle Milton 5
Fireman and DUI 3 hr Capt Rickey Bobby 9
Good dentist in Hopkinsville??? 5 hr Tooth fairy 7

Hopkinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages