How long for Gemmil
Who Knows

Paris, TN

#1 Apr 25, 2013
After tonight's board meeting (3 Ring Circus) how long will she last? I'm going with 2 years....
Fire Her

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 Apr 25, 2013
Parents that have students in CCPS, need to be calling ALL board members. Mrs. Gemmil thinks the schools should be ran as a "business". She cares NOTHING about our kids. It has even come out of her mouth that she is trying to run a "business". I don't know about other parents but my child is NOT a "business". They need to get her out soon, I think that if test scores don't go up this year then they need to fire her. That's what they do to the GOOD principals that actually care about the students- fire them...or I'm sorry have them to resign. People thought Link/Watson was bad, well we have bad now. At least Link/Watson were seen in the buildings. And I never heard them say that they were trying to run a "business" and that it wasn't about the students. It's not about every student, every day anymore.
Grady

United States

#3 Apr 25, 2013
I dont understand all the bull they try to pull. As parents, we need to take a bigger part in our childrens education and not let them run all over us. That means knowing whats going on and making sure our children are getting the education they deserve. To a certain extent i am sure the system has to run like a business to stay within budget and whatnot, but i do agree that for her to say that was kinda tasteless. It does need to be about the kids and Only the kids. That is what school is for and without them she wouldnt have a job. I have heard that they were revising some of the standards though and that focusing on the testing was not going to be pushed as much. I have thought for a long time that should be done and really hoped to see positive changes. I guess time will tell.
The Truth

Tucker, GA

#4 Apr 26, 2013
Wonder if one of the cabinet members can educate her on what "tabled" actually means and how it works.... Mr. Lackey tried but if flew way over her head... She needs the dumb it down version!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason McCraw for Mayor 2 hr Blacklish 35
Dead Deer on Facebook 4 hr Newsat11 19
Poo-pee girls 6 hr Sicko 4
Frost Kids 12 hr Me too 2
Walmart on Canton 13 hr Hoptown Tiger 8
Kentucky rape statute 14 hr magnapi 7
sheriff deputy sanderson 15 hr magnapi 3
Livy Leavell running again? 15 hr Johnson 24
HPD officer In jail 15 hr Dumb 26

Hopkinsville Jobs