Anybody with info about the teachers?
gymrat

United States

#2 Feb 22, 2013
About a joke. The whole program is
peace

Providence, KY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
the hopkinsville community college nursing program is a frigging joke, no doubt.
Future RN

Benton, KY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Why is it a joke? Are the teachers bad?
Future RN

Benton, KY

#5 Feb 23, 2013
??
peace

Providence, KY

#6 Feb 24, 2013
they do not give a flip about the student, they do not care if u fail,if u need help oh well ur shit out of luck,take it from someone who has been there go somewhere else.
Pin Cushion

Paducah, KY

#7 Feb 24, 2013
The Mede woman is crazy and the rest are rude as heck!
Future RN

Benton, KY

#8 Feb 24, 2013
I have heard Ms Higdon is a good one. Is that wrong?
idiots

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Feb 25, 2013
half probably quit because it was "too hard". Education is what you make of it.
painter

La Fayette, KY

#10 Feb 25, 2013
One of the teachers there is a bugger eater, I caught her eating a big bugger in her room one day after class.
Deathcamp

Murray, KY

#11 Feb 26, 2013
This is one of the many reasons JSMC sucks, they hire a lot of HCC grads. I attended classes with a lot of these students and well, I'd be afraid to let them hand me an aspirin. 98% of the people who want to do nursing do it simply because they think it will offer the biggest paycheck with the least amount of school time. Most of them have no people skills, no social skills, are scared shitless if they have to talk to people,can't take constructive criticism without going psycho, and have zero empathy.
Future RN

Benton, KY

#12 Feb 27, 2013
I have heard some things about it. I have heard its good, bad, all of that. Just looking for more info
Former Student

Benton, KY

#13 Mar 17, 2013
Future RN wrote:
I have heard Ms Higdon is a good one. Is that wrong?
She has some nice ta-ta's...lol
Blog

Corbin, KY

#14 Mar 18, 2013
Well honestly I think the hcc program is like any other one. You have some good instructors and some bad ones. You learn a lot. Personally I think Austin Peay is the way to go.
yep

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Mar 18, 2013
I've heard Madisonville is best
Hoptown tigers

Houston, TX

#16 Mar 24, 2013
The program was difficult. Joyce Lambruno was the meanest craziest witch. She does not even know how to be a nurse. Everytime she didnt know an answer to a question she would tell you to look it up. She teaches pedatrics and was never a peds nurse. She gets off on having power ovet everyone. They run good instructors off.
Mrs. Fulk & Ms. Childers were my saving grace. Those teachers really care about their students. They were awesome in clinical.
Ms Meade is nuts!
I still believe that you can get a quality education if you learn early on to study and teach yourself. It will help you when you reach crazyass Lambruno. Because she doesn't teach you SHIT!
Feed up

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Mar 26, 2013
Find a differ program the nurse instructors are lazy and the students are used as unpaid labor when they are forced to go to the nursing homes. Yes students show up to the nursing home to learn nursing skills but spend an 8 hr unpaid day changing diapers and working like a slave. All while the nursing instructor sit on their fat buts and watch the student learn nothing and work for free.
Slaves to System

Murray, KY

#18 Mar 26, 2013
Feed up wrote:
Find a differ program the nurse instructors are lazy and the students are used as unpaid labor when they are forced to go to the nursing homes. Yes students show up to the nursing home to learn nursing skills but spend an 8 hr unpaid day changing diapers and working like a slave. All while the nursing instructor sit on their fat buts and watch the student learn nothing and work for free.
True, I feel that regulations should be enforced in regards to students placed in a work environment. I was used as a "do all free labor" during my REQUIRED student placement. I was forced to see patients that I was not legally allowed to treat, I charted in their charts, and I was left unsupervised.

My supervisor took lonnnngggg lunches, came in super late/left very early while I covered her patients. You cant complain because your placement supervisor actually grades you and has the power to screw with you and your graduation. Companies love students because thats 6 months out of the year they dont need to hire fill ins. Students in all fields are abused. I understand paying dues, but not being abused.

I feel itís up to the program to ensure that placements are fair,safe,educational,and useful. Not just providers of free vacations for staff.
Jess

Window Rock, AZ

#19 Apr 14, 2013
HCC instructors do not even know how to be nurses anymore. Ms. Lambruno has not worked as a "real nurse" in years. Bozarth & Ms P are full of shit. Ms. P is crazy & cant even stay on the same thought let alone teach a subject. Shes a real fake bitch.
If your desire is a quality nursing education drive to Murray or Austin Peay
Jess

Window Rock, AZ

#20 Apr 14, 2013
peace wrote:
they do not give a flip about the student, they do not care if u fail,if u need help oh well ur shit out of luck,take it from someone who has been there go somewhere else.
Ditto!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
infinant campus portal 1 hr earl 1
Where can I buy a confederate flag? 1 hr ignorant people 30
Lover's Lane to get Liquor Store 1 hr Law Abiding Citi... 39
IndiAn Hills Barber Shop 1 hr old timer 2
females 3 hr Low down 2
Bus routes 5 hr not surprised 2
christen rich, jillian wakefield 8 hr Just saying 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages