Disgusted

Brownsville, TN

#1 Jan 25, 2013
http://www.lite987whop.com/news/7394-elkton-p...

What is with Elkton hiring all of the screw ups who get fired from HPD? How can some of these guys still be cops!?! That should be the first question! I guess they go over to Elkton and just continue to abuse their authority and involve themselves in illegal activity. Meyers,Strode,Atkinson...they all work in Elkton! WTF!?! They are all three drunks/druggies. I have no respect for that department or those idiots that work there.
Really____

Burgos, Spain

#2 Jan 25, 2013
Gotta love this site.
Here you go hidding behind your little fake name and slandering people.
1. Meyers has been at Elkton for over a year, done his job, stayed out of trouble and minded his own business.
2. Strode does not even work at Elkton. He retired honorabley after working the couple of years he had left to work. He did his job, stayed out of trouble and went home to his family every day. Strode was gone from Elkton before Morris ever started there.
3. Atkinson has been at Elkton for years. He has done his job earned the rank of Sgt. and stayed out of trouble. Atkinson was off on injury leave and has been so for months.
None of the people you have mentioned besides Morris had anything to do with this situation. Elkton gave Morris a chance and hew quickly blew it out of the water. Slandering an entire Agency and other people because of one person's screw up makes a lot of sense. You must have applied for a job there and got turned down. Either way you can go on with your pathetic little life and be sure to keep throwing rocks at the wrong people, it makes for good press.
MYTURN

Brownsville, TN

#3 Jan 25, 2013
I, for one, have a more lucrative career than a police officer. So whoever you are, there are no stones you can throw at me. I do not know all of the names that have been mentioned. However, I do know one of those officers, and he did in fact get fired from HPD. While he may still work in this profession, I assure you his choices are still poor. When I see him drink more than 4 drinks, yet still drive, I consider that poor judgement. Especially since his termination involved alcohol. As a police officer, you people just cannot be out at bars every weekend, and then driving! The people of the community see you. We have opinions. We are allowed to voice them. Also, "Really", it would probably be considered more of a libel situation when writing about others on this website, not slander.
excuses

Brownsville, TN

#5 Jan 25, 2013
Really____ wrote:
Gotta love this site.
Here you go hidding behind your little fake name and slandering people.
1. Meyers has been at Elkton for over a year, done his job, stayed out of trouble and minded his own business.
2. Strode does not even work at Elkton. He retired honorabley after working the couple of years he had left to work. He did his job, stayed out of trouble and went home to his family every day. Strode was gone from Elkton before Morris ever started there.
3. Atkinson has been at Elkton for years. He has done his job earned the rank of Sgt. and stayed out of trouble. Atkinson was off on injury leave and has been so for months.
None of the people you have mentioned besides Morris had anything to do with this situation. Elkton gave Morris a chance and hew quickly blew it out of the water. Slandering an entire Agency and other people because of one person's screw up makes a lot of sense. You must have applied for a job there and got turned down. Either way you can go on with your pathetic little life and be sure to keep throwing rocks at the wrong people, it makes for good press.
Yea you obviously do love this site,troll. I bet you are one of those cops fat wives that they cheat on all the time.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#6 Jan 25, 2013
I didn't know who he was but when I saw the story the first thing that crossed my mind was "He must have been a former Hoptown cop". How sad that our police force has become so mired in negative behavior, policy, and bad cops that we assume the worst and then most of the time it is true. I really feel bad for the regular working cop just trying to do a good job with these jackasses ruining the reputation of the force and our community at large.
Source

Brownsville, TN

#7 Jan 26, 2013
MYTURN wrote:
I, for one, have a more lucrative career than a police officer. So whoever you are, there are no stones you can throw at me. I do not know all of the names that have been mentioned. However, I do know one of those officers, and he did in fact get fired from HPD. While he may still work in this profession, I assure you his choices are still poor. When I see him drink more than 4 drinks, yet still drive, I consider that poor judgement. Especially since his termination involved alcohol. As a police officer, you people just cannot be out at bars every weekend, and then driving! The people of the community see you. We have opinions. We are allowed to voice them. Also, "Really", it would probably be considered more of a libel situation when writing about others on this website, not slander.
Can't be right he works weekends, stop slinging mud your a piece of trash
ridiculous

Stevenson, AL

#8 Jan 26, 2013
I u drink and drive... Buy drugs from a sting operation or are "retire" before they fore you fri wrong doing when you are "an officer of the law" I feel you you should be black balled from the force... Any force!!! As an officer you are to I force the laws not break them repeatedly them just be able to go to another county and still continue to do your same job. That's like a banker getting caught stealing money... Oh it's ok. They can just go to the next county over and he's this bank. Ridiculous. Same as a person tries to kill theirselves on Xanax .... Oh yeah after a week in mental hospital... Their healed... Write them a script for the exact same meds they used to try to end their life. It's a sad world when the cops and mess up as bad as theses have and get suspended with paid for driving drunk. And get caught buying drugs buy keep their job... Oh wait. But it's a county away. So it's ok. They've " changed" they are way better cops now!! Crazy world and im suppose to feel safe with officers like this "protecting" me and my family. Doubt it..... Hence my weapons license... Why? Bc with cops like this running around.. I sure as hell DOnT feel safe
excuses

Brownsville, TN

#9 Jan 26, 2013
It is true, there is a large majority of the cops who I don't trust and they are horrible role models. However, there are a few really good ones that are great guys. Even if you make mistakes, as long as you correct them and better yourself, I respect that! There are a couple at HPD who have been into trouble, nobody is perfect...but they learned from the mistake and bettered themselves. Those guys in Elkton that got fired from HPD DID NOT better themselves. You still see the same ones out drinking, cheating on their spouses, and being involved in things an authority figure should not. I have seen it with my own eyes people, so don't tell me those guys "mind their own business". The sad thing is, HPD will not keep those few good quality officers they have. No one wants to live in this god-forsaken town and put up with the trash of this city. I don't blame them though.
Old friend

Benton, KY

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
http://www.lite987whop.com/new s/7394-elkton-police-holds-pre ss-conference-regarding-office rs-arrest

What is with Elkton hiring all of the screw ups who get fired from HPD? How can some of these guys still be cops!?! That should be the first question! I guess they go over to Elkton and just continue to abuse their authority and involve themselves in illegal activity. Meyers,Strode,Atkinson...they all work in Elkton! WTF!?! They are all three drunks/druggies. I have no respect for that department or those idiots that work there.
Elkton chief is lying.
The Real Mouse Idiot

Island, KY

#11 Jan 27, 2013
the real anonymouse wrote:
I didn't know who he was but when I saw the story the first thing that crossed my mind was "He must have been a former Hoptown cop". How sad that our police force has become so mired in negative behavior, policy, and bad cops that we assume the worst and then most of the time it is true. I really feel bad for the regular working cop just trying to do a good job with these jackasses ruining the reputation of the force and our community at large.
You are the biggest trash talking loser on this site. No matter what the topic you have something to say. I pretty sure your dislike for the cop stems from being a complete f-up. What puts you in a position to judge everyone in Hopkinsville? Worry about yourself jacka$$!!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#12 Jan 27, 2013
The Real Mouse Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the biggest trash talking loser on this site. No matter what the topic you have something to say. I pretty sure your dislike for the cop stems from being a complete f-up. What puts you in a position to judge everyone in Hopkinsville? Worry about yourself jacka$$!!
I don't dislike the police. I dislike bad cops and bad policy coming from top down that promotes crime by not actually fighting it but hoping instead to "get lucky" at finding drugs in passive ways like traffic stops. The most detective work that has ended up in arrests in this town have come from Crime Stoppers and snitches, not actual crime fighting. Is that too much to ask for? Real crime fighting? I call into question your motives for being critical of me for having a public opinion about how we can do better. Are you someone who profits from things being worse on the streets of Hopkinsville?
know one

Alliance, OH

#13 Jan 28, 2013
the real anonymouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dislike the police. I dislike bad cops and bad policy coming from top down that promotes crime by not actually fighting it but hoping instead to "get lucky" at finding drugs in passive ways like traffic stops. The most detective work that has ended up in arrests in this town have come from Crime Stoppers and snitches, not actual crime fighting. Is that too much to ask for? Real crime fighting? I call into question your motives for being critical of me for having a public opinion about how we can do better. Are you someone who profits from things being worse on the streets of Hopkinsville?
Where's a cat when we need it ? Maybe if we're lucky he can get rid of this mouse!
The Real Mouse Idiot

Island, KY

#14 Jan 28, 2013
it's very clear that you dont know what the police in this town do. They must respond to every call that comes in not matter what it is. From a murder, to some parent who won't control their 7 year old child, to every car accident in the city. HPD answers on average 50,000 to 60,000 incidents a year. That's about 164 incidents a day. Law enforcement is a reactionary job. They dont know the future or what people are going to do. On any given shift there are about 6 officers working. That's six men and women policing 35,000 people. Do you think that you and five of your buddies could do it?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#15 Jan 28, 2013
So they don't have anyone doing detective or undercover work? That is police work too! Preventative crime fighting is more important at times. Because it really stops crimes before they happen. Again I say, only someone that profited off the flow of drugs and organized crime in our community would have a problem with good old fashioned investigative police work. That makes me question why it does not seem to be a priority around here.
u know

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2013
hate the police... how do a mexican make it to be a cop anyway.. they should drag him back to the border and throw him over the fence.. matter of fact take all of them out and let them starve to death
Skid Marks

Duluth, GA

#17 Feb 3, 2013
u know wrote:
hate the police... how do a mexican make it to be a cop anyway.. they should drag him back to the border and throw him over the fence.. matter of fact take all of them out and let them starve to death
Wish there was a moron filter for Topix.
Jennifer Dragoo

Charlotte, NC

#18 Feb 6, 2013
u know wrote:
That's pretty damn low for someone to say something like that. And I don't hide behind a fake name like you little scared boys do. Lol!
el toro

Corbin, KY

#19 Feb 6, 2013
u know wrote:
Maybe one them Mexican Cops pulls you over next time and pulls a rodney king on you,then you wont be so tough.I bet you wouldnt bust a grape if you were backed in the corner!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 153,500
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min yep 4,897
cchs qb missed practice 53 min Good Old Boys 16
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr BTIAC 81,635
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Serious 26,275
Does Tonya have dentures? 2 hr tooth fairy 1
hydrocodone nightmares? 3 hr Hmmmm 2
•••
•••
Hopkinsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hopkinsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••