Should Home Builders Require Certific...

Should Home Builders Require Certification In KY

Created by Hammer with nails on Apr 30, 2013

7 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

Hammer with nails

Lexington, KY

#1 Apr 30, 2013
State certification to the industry ligitimate, YUP.
Schitt Ya Bet

Raywick, KY

#2 May 10, 2013
They should all be state certified.
Hot Topic

Lexington, KY

#3 Jun 12, 2013
This will be debated in the coming elections. My money is on Builders Certification becoming Law, sooner than you think.
Yall heard

Elk Horn, KY

#4 Jul 19, 2013
Yall hearing anything out of your state representatives and senators representing Christian County on the subject of STATE WIDE home builder certification/licensing requirements yet?
????

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Jul 19, 2013
Who builds the best houses in Hoptown ?
Historian

Paducah, KY

#6 Jul 20, 2013
I am against state certification. It would only serve to put small builders out of business, even though they oftentimes do the best job. It would end up with big builders being the only ones and costs for building would go way up.
I must

Elk Horn, KY

#7 Jul 20, 2013
Historian wrote:
I am against state certification. It would only serve to put small builders out of business, even though they oftentimes do the best job. It would end up with big builders being the only ones and costs for building would go way up.
disagree with you there. If what you are saying were true then:

Electricians, plumbers, septic system installers, Heating nd air conditioning, who all are required to be licensed and must attend continuing education hours yearly would be out of business.

Last time I checked these professionals were a dime a dozen in their prospective trade--It only seem right that in the home construction business that the home builders be required state licensing as their counter-parts in the home construction arena have been required to have "STATE" licensing for years.

My opinion is that Home Builders have been left out of this equasion for far to long in KY-the Blue Grass State.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff's Candiadates 8 min Hoptown citizen 66
Indian Hills Thrift 36 min Ex Shopper 16
Rental Ordinance 1 hr Gourman 39
Jobs without drug testing. (Jul '15) 1 hr Highmore 2
News PHOTOS: Hopkinsville officer shot 2 hr Hoptown 33
Tami Dragoo 8 hr IP Preacher 27
Amber Ramey 9 hr gib hall 4
Hendricks fixes McCoy's Priavte Potholes 16 hr Kmk452 16
krogers 22 hr puss 17

Hopkinsville Jobs