Is BB&T selling out?
Rudy

Paducah, KY

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Heard today that the bank had sold the downtown branch and would be shutting down the main office and only have the branch banks. Anyone heard this info?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#2 Jul 24, 2012
To be honest, they "sold out" when they became BB&t and changed into just another soulless corporate bank with no regard for the community they serve.
klown

United States

#3 Jul 24, 2012
Bb&t is quite a good bank. Their headquarters is not located in hoptown lol

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#4 Jul 24, 2012
klown wrote:
Bb&t is quite a good bank. Their headquarters is not located in hoptown lol
You poor history deprived child. They bought out Area Bank, which was Nations Bank, which had owned the old locally owned First City Bank and renamed it BB&T to match the corporate name. There used to be some matter of pride in this area that we had so many strong local banks. Too bad people are so used to being treated like a number now they don't know what that good old fashioned down home service was like.
Blackjack43

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jul 25, 2012
the real anonymouse wrote:
<quoted text>You poor history deprived child. They bought out Area Bank, which was Nations Bank, which had owned the old locally owned First City Bank and renamed it BB&T to match the corporate name. There used to be some matter of pride in this area that we had so many strong local banks. Too bad people are so used to being treated like a number now they don't know what that good old fashioned down home service was like.
Couldn't get a loan, eh?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#6 Jul 25, 2012
I could walk into any bank in this town right now and get a loan. Why would I get one at the crazy high interest rates these banks charge because they go on a generic computer program that tells them what to do when instead I can go to a locally owned bank who knows me and get a fair rate and personal service? By your logic the ability to pay too much for a loan making a place a good bank would mean those check advance places are the best banks in town, which is obviously not true. If you like paying more for no good reason, then by all means go ahead.
klown

United States

#7 Jul 26, 2012
the real anonymouse wrote:
I could walk into any bank in this town right now and get a loan. Why would I get one at the crazy high interest rates these banks charge because they go on a generic computer program that tells them what to do when instead I can go to a locally owned bank who knows me and get a fair rate and personal service? By your logic the ability to pay too much for a loan making a place a good bank would mean those check advance places are the best banks in town, which is obviously not true. If you like paying more for no good reason, then by all means go ahead.
you obviously have no life. You're on here 24/7 and have multiple post on every single topic lol. It's quite obvious you have no job

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#8 Jul 26, 2012
klown wrote:
<quoted text>
you obviously have no life. You're on here 24/7 and have multiple post on every single topic lol. It's quite obvious you have no job
Keep telling yourself that when you wake up too late to bike over to your job at McDonalds!
cklown

United States

#9 Jul 27, 2012
Lol It'd be more than you have

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#10 Jul 27, 2012
kkklown, why do you put lol in everything? Do you really laugh that much? Put down the pipe and maybe you would have a better job,
cklown

United States

#11 Jul 27, 2012
I'm a chemist what do you do buddy

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#12 Jul 28, 2012
a "chemist"? so drugs are why you laugh that much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shop with a cop 14 min player unknown 2
270 Entertainment 3 hr BitesTheDust 9
abbie walker 3 hr The Preacher 10
Hendricks and his asinine survery of the city 7 hr GetReady 11
Stuart Boley 12 hr Chhchh 5
Dykes and their butch haircuts 13 hr imwithher 12
woodshed 13 hr why 11
What happened 13 hr The Preacher 6
Commonwealth attorneys race 17 hr The Preacher 63
Possum Eaters In Pembroke 18 hr Obie 14