here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Once again you are incorrect. Are you a Christian? Your knowledge of the bible seems diminutive. I encourage you to learn more about the religion you want to debate about before making yourself look foolish.

Thank you for your insulting remarks..but, no I am not wrong on the authorship of the four gospels. As far as Publius, I really don't see the he is relevant to the question of the authorship of the four gospels.

I AM A CHRISTIAN!

You did not answer my question...why is it so important that the gospels were written after the death of Christ, just like many other historical figures...I am sure people were not running around writing the history of Paul Revere during the Revolutionary War.
papa roach

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

IMO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet do Christians abide by this "law"? Well of course not. Along with many others from not only the Old Testament but also the new. Why is that? Are you allowed to pick and choose which versus to take seriously, metaphorically, or simply not acknowledge at all because it's not particularly what you want to hear? I'm not trying to be a douche at all. Just making a point.
No hope for you. It's hard to argue with people that were there when the Bible was written. Just how old are you? You don't have to try not to be a douche.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

here and now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! Google it. Josephus was first anti Roman and then turned Roman and gained Roman citizenship and wrote about Jesus and the beginning of Christianity. He was alive during the time of Jesus. Your statement holds no credibility.
Don't dare try to act scholarly about history when you don't really know it, then have the gall to tell someone else that they are wrong. Antiquities of the Jews was written around 94 AD. DECADES after Jesus died. People nowadays, with computers, newspapers, radios, and magazines cannot even agree on the life and death of contemporary people (like Elvis). So in a time when nothing was written down, how would Josephus have any intimate information on the life of Christ? At best his accounts are merely repetition of the stories told many years in the past. The Testimonium Flavianum seems doctored and edited by the Catholic Church after Josephus wrote it. So it's "credibility" is questionable.
Of course you really show yourself by glossing over the details of Josephus life. He was born and fought as a Jew against Rome. He was captured and enslaved to be a royal interpreter. It was only because of his continued favor to the empire that he was freed. Most historians, past and present, tend to view Josephus as a tool of Roman propaganda as much as an historian. So there are real problems in relying on his accounts as validation of your beliefs.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Isn't atheism a religion? I mean, evolution is a theory. It can't be proved so basically you have faith in evolution right? Religion is a set of beliefs based on faith right?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Nope.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

the real anonymouse wrote:
Nope.
care to elaborate your majesty?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Sure it is. You can't have it both ways.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

here and now wrote:
I am sure people were not running around writing the history of Paul Revere during the Revolutionary War.
Which is incorrect. One of the reasons our founders thought freedom of the press was so important was because thanks to the invention of the printing press, people could write about the NEWS. It is called "NEWS" because it is new, the new things that happened. Newspapers and pamphlets help spread the news of the war and altered the opinions of loyalists to change over into thinking of themselves as a nation. So Paul Revere's exploits were widely written about and known because it was quicker and easier to get the information out.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

The Real Antimouse wrote:
<quoted text>
care to elaborate your majesty?
Well scientific theory is based on observations and measurements. The reason we have very few "laws" in science anymore is that new discoveries are made all the time that add to our knowledge of a subject. Gravity is a theory, it has many instances where it's forces do not always follow a universal pattern. But we can measure gravity, we can see the effects of gravity, we just cannot prove every last instance under which the rules of gravity will work and how. So certain elements of gravity are unknown still. If you know 99% of something in science, it will remain a theory. The same is true with evolution, we have proof that it occurs from observation, like geological and genetic evidence. It just is not enough to say we know 100% of all there is to know. So it remains a theory. In fact, science depends on no "faith" because the standard is to try to disprove or prove, not to back up a preconceived notion.
Also atheism is by definition the antithesis of theism. So if cannot be a religion because it has no core or universal faith. It is a lack of belief in God, that is it. I'd even dare argue that you can be a "religious" person and still be an atheist if you followed the actions and practices of a faith, but did not believe them. There are probably lots of these people in your churches and clergy right now who only follow because of social or family expectations/obligations. Religion only requires practice, not faith. Faith is not religion. So if the two are not equals then the opposite of faith also is not religion.
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

here and now wrote:
Once again you are incorrect. Are you a Christian? Your knowledge of the bible seems diminutive. I encourage you to learn more about the religion you want to debate about before making yourself look foolish.

Thank you for your insulting remarks..but, no I am not wrong on the authorship of the four gospels. As far as Publius, I really don't see the he is relevant to the question of the authorship of the four gospels.

I AM A CHRISTIAN!

You did not answer my question...why is it so important that the gospels were written after the death of Christ, just like many other historical figures...I am sure people were not running around writing the history of Paul Revere during the Revolutionary War.
I'm sorry but when you are presented with facts and still refuse to acknowledge you're wrong it makes you look quite arrogant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 70 of70
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Hopkinsville Forum right now

Search the Hopkinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min DemocRATS 146,025
School Board needs to GO 22 min Retired Farmer 53
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 55 min gottondas 81,557
Are tattoo's addicting ? 1 hr the real anonymouse 10
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 1 hr the real anonymouse 14
first tattoo 1 hr bounty hunter Lobo 3
Jennifer Scott that got busted for Meth 2 hr MLS 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hopkinsville Jobs

•••