do u luv jesus

Posted in the Hopkinsville Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of70
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Dec 7, 2012
 
papa roach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a believer and am sure this world is much older than 6 thousand years. How are you going to have eye witnesses for something that's 2000 years old? I bet you believe in UFOs. You are slapping us into one category. The Bible states the earth is round. Years later, people believed it was flat. Guess what? Also, the predictions in the Bible have happened, except for a few. They are next. Daniel predicted that God would send Jesus to save us many many years before it happened. He had several dreams and they all came true. God worked through more than just Jesus. He destroyed bad cities and restored good ones. It's also our job to teach people like you. We're not very good at it. Don't blame that on God and please don't make fun of Jesus.
What prophesies have came true and prove they were without a doubt divinely inspired. Without proof that Jesus even existed you can't prove that Daniel predicted anything. Just because the bible says so doesn't mean it's true.
here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Dec 7, 2012
 
IMO wrote:
<quoted text>
What prophesies have came true and prove they were without a doubt divinely inspired. Without proof that Jesus even existed you can't prove that Daniel predicted anything. Just because the bible says so doesn't mean it's true.
There is a secular historical book by Josephus that documents a lot of what the Bible says. Josephus even mentions Jesus as being a real person.
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
<quoted text>There is a secular historical book by Josephus that documents a lot of what the Bible says. Josephus even mentions Jesus as being a real person.
How would Josephus know given that he was born 37 AD and Jesus supposedly died 30 AD? The bible is the ONLY source that claims Jesus was even a real person.
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Dec 7, 2012
 
papa roach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a believer and am sure this world is much older than 6 thousand years. How are you going to have eye witnesses for something that's 2000 years old? I bet you believe in UFOs. You are slapping us into one category. The Bible states the earth is round. Years later, people believed it was flat. Guess what? Also, the predictions in the Bible have happened, except for a few. They are next. Daniel predicted that God would send Jesus to save us many many years before it happened. He had several dreams and they all came true. God worked through more than just Jesus. He destroyed bad cities and restored good ones. It's also our job to teach people like you. We're not very good at it. Don't blame that on God and please don't make fun of Jesus.
The bible also says (among many other absurdities) that women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 ESV
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Dec 7, 2012
 
papa roach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a believer and am sure this world is much older than 6 thousand years. How are you going to have eye witnesses for something that's 2000 years old? I bet you believe in UFOs. You are slapping us into one category. The Bible states the earth is round. Years later, people believed it was flat. Guess what? Also, the predictions in the Bible have happened, except for a few. They are next. Daniel predicted that God would send Jesus to save us many many years before it happened. He had several dreams and they all came true. God worked through more than just Jesus. He destroyed bad cities and restored good ones. It's also our job to teach people like you. We're not very good at it. Don't blame that on God and please don't make fun of Jesus.
Yet do Christians abide by this "law"? Well of course not. Along with many others from not only the Old Testament but also the new. Why is that? Are you allowed to pick and choose which versus to take seriously, metaphorically, or simply not acknowledge at all because it's not particularly what you want to hear? I'm not trying to be a douche at all. Just making a point.
here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Dec 7, 2012
 
IMO wrote:
<quoted text>
How would Josephus know given that he was born 37 AD and Jesus supposedly died 30 AD? The bible is the ONLY source that claims Jesus was even a real person.
Wrong! Google it. Josephus was first anti Roman and then turned Roman and gained Roman citizenship and wrote about Jesus and the beginning of Christianity. He was alive during the time of Jesus. Your statement holds no credibility.
gooby

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! Google it. Josephus was first anti Roman and then turned Roman and gained Roman citizenship and wrote about Jesus and the beginning of Christianity. He was alive during the time of Jesus. Your statement holds no credibility.
I did. You're wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus

First para:

Titus Flavius Josephus (37 c. 100),[2] also called Joseph ben Matityahu (Biblical Hebrew: &#1497;&#1493;&#15 05;&#1507; &#1489;&#1503; &#1502;&#1514;&#15 14;&#1497;&#1492;& #1493;, Yosef ben Matityahu),[3] was a 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian and hagiographer who was born in Jerusalem - then part of Roman Judea - to a father of priestly descent and a mother who claimed royal ancestry.
gooby

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Dec 7, 2012
 
Also, the writing Josephus did that referenced Jesus, despite being highly debated as to its authenticity, was written in the last years of his life, around 97 AD. Almost a century after the supposed death of Jesus.
LMAO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! Google it. Josephus was first anti Roman and then turned Roman and gained Roman citizenship and wrote about Jesus and the beginning of Christianity. He was alive during the time of Jesus. Your statement holds no credibility.
Titus Flavius Josephus also called Joseph ben Matityahu was a 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian and hagiographer who was born in Jerusalem 37 AD and died 100 AD.
Jesus was thought to of been born around 4 BC in Bethlehem, Judea and die around 30 AD in Jerusalem.
here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Dec 7, 2012
 
The most important extra-biblical references to Jesus are found in the writings of Josephus. Although some have questioned the authenticity of the passages, modern scholarship has rightly recognized that one of them is completely authentic and the other, though embellished by Christian scribes, provides an authentic core of material confirming much about Jesus. This article thoroughly examines the authenticity of the disputed reference to Jesus, the Testimonium Flavianum referred to hereafter as the "TF".

And his writings after the death of Jesus are different than writings after the deaths of presidents, kings, generals, etc because???? Many publications have been written about people who have passed many years before the author writes about them.
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! Google it. Josephus was first anti Roman and then turned Roman and gained Roman citizenship and wrote about Jesus and the beginning of Christianity. He was alive during the time of Jesus. Your statement holds no credibility.
Guess you might wanna check your source. I swear I don't just make things up. Lol.
here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Dec 7, 2012
 
http://bede.org.uk/Josephus.htm

Sorry forgot to put URL in previous post.
here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Dec 7, 2012
 
It is not the purpose of this article to address the arguments of the few commentators - mostly Jesus Mythologists - who doubt the authenticity of the second reference. According to leading Josephus scholar Louis H. Feldman, the authenticity of this passage "has been almost universally acknowledged" by scholars.
here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Dec 7, 2012
 
Let's begin our inquiry with a passage that historian Edwin Yamauchi calls "probably the most important reference to Jesus outside the New Testament."{4} Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:

Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....{5}

What all can we learn from this ancient (and rather unsympathetic) reference to Jesus and the early Christians? Notice, first, that Tacitus reports Christians derived their name from a historical person called Christus (from the Latin), or Christ. He is said to have "suffered the extreme penalty," obviously alluding to the Roman method of execution known as crucifixion. This is said to have occurred during the reign of Tiberius and by the sentence of Pontius Pilatus. This confirms much of what the Gospels tell us about the death of Jesus.

http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.422...
IMO

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
The most important extra-biblical references to Jesus are found in the writings of Josephus. Although some have questioned the authenticity of the passages, modern scholarship has rightly recognized that one of them is completely authentic and the other, though embellished by Christian scribes, provides an authentic core of material confirming much about Jesus. This article thoroughly examines the authenticity of the disputed reference to Jesus, the Testimonium Flavianum referred to hereafter as the "TF".

And his writings after the death of Jesus are different than writings after the deaths of presidents, kings, generals, etc because???? Many publications have been written about people who have passed many years before the author writes about them.
How can his writings be considered authentic is he wasn't even alive during the life of Jesus? It's impossible. Sorry but that is called "hear say".
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
Let's begin our inquiry with a passage that historian Edwin Yamauchi calls "probably the most important reference to Jesus outside the New Testament."{4} Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:

Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....{5}

What all can we learn from this ancient (and rather unsympathetic) reference to Jesus and the early Christians? Notice, first, that Tacitus reports Christians derived their name from a historical person called Christus (from the Latin), or Christ. He is said to have "suffered the extreme penalty," obviously alluding to the Roman method of execution known as crucifixion. This is said to have occurred during the reign of Tiberius and by the sentence of Pontius Pilatus. This confirms much of what the Gospels tell us about the death of Jesus.

http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.422...
The crucifixion of Christ is mentioned in four books of the bible--the four gospels--Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The authorship of these books are unknown which is quite surprising given that they discuss what is arguably the most important time in biblical history. The New Testament Gospels were written between A.D. 65 and 95. These four Gospels tell similar, but not identical tales of Jesus' life and teachings. Mark, Matthew, and Luke are so similar to one another that they are sometimes called the Synoptic Gospels.

Publius (or Gaius) Cornelius Tacitus lived from 56 AD to 117 AD. As you can clearly see by the dates, Tacitus existed during the very time that the gospels were written. It's not as if his life predated biblical times and he made a prophesy about a man named Jesus, the son of God, who would be crucified. By claiming that his literary works on the crucifixion of Christ confirms what the gospels tell us about the death of Jesus is ludicrous.
here and now

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Dec 7, 2012
 
How can you say the authorship of Matthew Mark Luke and John is unknown..The name of the Book tells who the author is.

Matthew-a tax collector and one of the 12 apostles

Mark-I will have to research again

Luke-a physician who also wrote the book of Acts

John-again one of the 12 apostles
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
How can you say the authorship of Matthew Mark Luke and John is unknown..The name of the Book tells who the author is.

Matthew-a tax collector and one of the 12 apostles

Mark-I will have to research again

Luke-a physician who also wrote the book of Acts

John-again one of the 12 apostles
Once again you are incorrect. Are you a Christian? Your knowledge of the bible seems diminutive. I encourage you to learn more about the religion you want to debate about before making yourself look foolish.
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
How can you say the authorship of Matthew Mark Luke and John is unknown..The name of the Book tells who the author is.

Matthew-a tax collector and one of the 12 apostles

Mark-I will have to research again

Luke-a physician who also wrote the book of Acts

John-again one of the 12 apostles
http://www.bibleandhistory.com/bookpages/gosp...
IMO

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Dec 7, 2012
 
here and now wrote:
How can you say the authorship of Matthew Mark Luke and John is unknown..The name of the Book tells who the author is.

Matthew-a tax collector and one of the 12 apostles

Mark-I will have to research again

Luke-a physician who also wrote the book of Acts

John-again one of the 12 apostles
By the way, out of that whole post that I made regarding Tacitus, your only response was based on the authorship of the gospels. Do you then agree with what I wrote?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of70
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hopkinsville Forum right now

Search the Hopkinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amber samples (Jun '12) 51 min nosey girl 22
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 144,993
what about thelma trump (Oct '13) 1 hr nosey girl 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Poles 26,176
Jennifer and Herman 1 hr nosey girl 3
jeff (Aug '13) 1 hr nosey girl 9
Carter Hendricks 2 hr The Preacher 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hopkinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hopkinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hopkinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hopkinsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••