mindyourownlosin gteam

Huntington, IN

#132 Mar 5, 2013
They were not paid for by the school mind your own business
Booster

Madisonville, KY

#133 Mar 5, 2013
Softball Momma wrote:
Three new uniforms in two years for the baseball team? Why is the AD buying them three new uniforms in two years? everyone else has to wait four years to get new uniforms. I sure would like to see the numbers for Title IX. I think I will file an open records request for this information.
I'm sure you would ask someone else to do that,that way you can hide behind their skirt Does your coach not have the balls to ask the questions or does he just let the women run the show?
Softball Dad

United States

#134 Mar 5, 2013
Enough is enough. Baseball wants to play hardball? We will see who is laughing the loudest.
I will see to it a Title IX complaint is filed with the local Board of Education, the KY Dept of Education as well as the KHSAA about the following:
1. New building with another locker room - 2 locker rooms now for baseball. Softball team has to dress at ROTC building.
2. Baseball getting indoor facility. Coach has already said the softball team would not get use of it.
3. Four new uniforms (2 last year and two this year) for Varsity and two new uniforms (this year) for JV.
4. Water system for field.
5. Maintenance equipment for field use.
6. Multiple loads of dirt from TN.
7. Thousands and thousands of dollars in new equipment over the last couple of years
8. Etc.........
checkyourfacts

Madisonville, KY

#135 Mar 5, 2013
Word through the rumor mill is several alumni parents are donating equipment, uniforms, etc. Not certain, but I doubt that falls under Title IX.
Title IX

United States

#136 Mar 5, 2013
I really doubt it. Books don't lie. Invoice dates don't lie. Bank deposits don't lie.
If you have never been thru a Title IX examination, you are in for a rude awakening.
They come in and look at everything. They interview athletes, parents and coaches.
Coach K

United States

#137 Mar 5, 2013
checkyourfacts wrote:
Word through the rumor mill is several alumni parents are donating equipment, uniforms, etc. Not certain, but I doubt that falls under Title IX.
It does not matter where the money comes from or where the item comes from. Anything donated, raised or acquired counts toward the monetary value to be assessed to the bottom line of money spent on the program.
Sounds like baseball need to study up on Title IX a little more.
Uh Oh

Hopkinsville, KY

#138 Mar 5, 2013
checkyourfacts wrote:
Hate to admit it but Title IX's comment is true! Coach G. has been told this time and time again. Guess he really does not care. He needs to realize he is hurting the other male sports at HHS by being so greedy and hard headed. I have tried to talk to him personally and he said he will do as he likes or he will go somewhere else. The AD has spoken to him. The Principal has spoken to him. He just will not listen. Contract renewal time is just a few months away.
Lin thacker

Marion, KY

#139 Mar 5, 2013
He is so stupid that he thinks the little inner circle he has can keep him. I know at the board office his stock is at an all time low. He needs to worry about a job for next season as I bet Perry will be back. He is the most hated person in the CCBOE! And that is a fact!!!! He is a know it all that know nothing!
Booster

Madisonville, KY

#140 Mar 5, 2013
So who needs to cut this check the baseball boosters or the school?
Family

United States

#141 Mar 5, 2013
Lin thacker wrote:
He is so stupid that he thinks the little inner circle he has can keep him. I know at the board office his stock is at an all time low. He needs to worry about a job for next season as I bet Perry will be back. He is the most hated person in the CCBOE! And that is a fact!!!! He is a know it all that know nothing!
You are right. His little board buds will turn their backs on him when the crap hits the fan. Will be sooner than later I am afraid.
Booster

Madisonville, KY

#142 Mar 5, 2013
I'm just part of the machine; don't stand in our way.
Booster

Madisonville, KY

#143 Mar 5, 2013
Sorry guys, gotta go it's a school nignt... we can play later
Volleyball Mom

Hopkinsville, KY

#144 Mar 6, 2013
Booster wrote:
I'm just part of the machine; don't stand in our way.
The softball team is not the only team that is looking into all the money the baseball team has been spending. We can't hardly get any money for anything either. I wish someone from the state would come in and do a complete Title IX examination.
Booster

Madisonville, KY

#145 Mar 6, 2013
Looks to me that you should be thanking the baseball program for putting the numbers out there. That way the school system would have to match that dollar amount for your program... so are we that bad after all?
checkyourfacts

Madisonville, KY

#146 Mar 6, 2013
Guess what? I can purchase t-shirts, uniforms, dirt, kitty litter, whatever. I donate it, it doesn't get turned in, so get your facts straight. Good luck trying to find where it comes from.
REALLY

Madisonville, KY

#147 Mar 7, 2013
We all know where the stuff comes from and your name with others will be on the list! i mean come on we are not blind and the way some players are treated even your buddy on the ball field could be your worst enemy.
Softball Fan

Tucker, GA

#148 Mar 13, 2013
Booster wrote:
Looks to me that you should be thanking the baseball program for putting the numbers out there. That way the school system would have to match that dollar amount for your program... so are we that bad after all?
That is what we are fussing about! The money is not being given to us to equal out the money! Need to learn to read.
Lyons

United States

#149 Mar 13, 2013
Crybaby
mindyourownlosin gteam

Huntington, IN

#150 Mar 13, 2013
the money is RAISED WHY DOES THE SOFTBALL TEAM NOT RAISE THEIR OWN.??????? IT IS NOT HANDED TO BASEBALL WE WORK FOR IT!! I do not care about title an ything...ya'll cannot even win a game and you are worried about some uniforms
Practice

Tucker, GA

#151 Mar 13, 2013
Hahaha. Girls are practicing outside and the boys are hiding inside due to the coach can't take the cool weather. What a douche!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Cresie/Lanford what ever she calls herself (Jan '15) 3 min Josh Austin is al... 22
Dayton Jones will be set free 31 min church 9
Obgyn 35 min ?? 8
TGASK Accident 1 hr john 15
Paul Sova 2 hr All woman 7
Hey there Whitney Rose! 4 hr Truth 10
TJ and Amber 4 hr Truth 2
Mrs. Cost HMS Teacher arrested for being intoxi... 20 hr hoptwn29 15

Hopkinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages