First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Big Man Fan

Eddyville, KY

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Looks like it could be a good year for the Colonels if they get the coaching situation worked out. Pitching and Infield D should be a strong point. If they can find a replacement for the graduated Daniel boy at catcher they should beat Hoptown for the district title. Catcher on this team will be a needed position as they have several young pitchers that can bring it home and will need a veteran to keep them focused. Looking for a great season from our COLONELS!
LOL

Madisonville, KY

#2 Feb 4, 2013
If you think Crawford will help the Colonels, well, good luck. Tigers are, and will be dominant. Crawford is fighting a losing battle. TIGERS will remain the team to beat. Too bad he didn't choose to be a TIGER! Go Tigers, Colonels suck, as always!
Ball fan 2

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Big Man Fan wrote:
Looks like it could be a good year for the Colonels if they get the coaching situation worked out. Pitching and Infield D should be a strong point. If they can find a replacement for the graduated Daniel boy at catcher they should beat Hoptown for the district title. Catcher on this team will be a needed position as they have several young pitchers that can bring it home and will need a veteran to keep them focused. Looking for a great season from our COLONELS!

I agree in part. pitching will come around as season moves along. Infield and out field was very weak last season major changes will need to be made in order to compete at a top level. Catching is a major concern for this team. But weakest point of all last season was batting major changes will need to take place in this area in order to compete.
optimistic

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Feb 4, 2013
What was the straw that broke the camels back? Leach was not a very good coach, but this late in the year something happened.
Observer

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Feb 5, 2013
optimistic wrote:
What was the straw that broke the camels back? Leach was not a very good coach, but this late in the year something happened.
It was a knife. Not a straw.
Softball Players Aunt

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2013
I hear Hoptown will be looking for a new coach after this season!
Maybe Leach and/or Crawford could become Tigers!
I hear they play fair with the girls teams.
Colonel Insider

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Things will be fine with the Colonels this year. Lot of young good kids in the program. I hear the Juckett kid will get the first shot at the catcher position and if he does not work out the Craft kid will move there when he is not pitching. They have plenty of young infielders that can take up the slack. We will get a great coach and give them some time to get things back in order. I would hate to play them in May!
Catcher

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2013
What about Chilton catching? I thought he was the ace catcher this year.
Colonel Insider

United States

#10 Feb 5, 2013
I heard he had major arm problems and had Tommy John surgury last year. Arm is still not at full strengeth. Staff does not want to rush him in his recovery and have issues if he can play a whole season without getting hurt. The future is bright for him but still major questions with his health. The job right now is Juckett's to lose.
Colonel Insider

United States

#11 Feb 5, 2013
OF Joiner
OF Smith
OF Shemwell
C Juckett/ Chilton
1ST Deck
2ND Blane
SS Patterson
3RD McGraw
P Craft
DH Chilton / W. Langhi

This should be the line-up for the opener, Go Colonels, Looks Solid as a Rock!
Old player

United States

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Colonel Insider wrote:
OF Joiner
OF Smith
OF Shemwell
C Juckett/ Chilton
1ST Deck
2ND Blane
SS Patterson
3RD McGraw
P Craft
DH Chilton / W. Langhi
This should be the line-up for the opener, Go Colonels, Looks Solid as a Rock!
You must be from the tiger side! I bet you would like to see it this way it would sure give you all another district.
Colonel Insider

United States

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Who do you see breaking into this line up? Looks solid to me???
Old player

United States

#15 Feb 5, 2013
As I see it the field is open. With exception to Patterson and Smith. I don't want to see a repeat from last year. Smith can also catch.
Colonel Insider

United States

#16 Feb 5, 2013
I think they will beat Hoptown in the district. HHS is ready for a big fall. If we get our coaching situation corrected we should be ready for the kill!
ONE

Madisonville, KY

#17 Feb 5, 2013
Colonel Insider wrote:
I think they will beat Hoptown in the district. HHS is ready for a big fall. If we get our coaching situation corrected we should be ready for the kill!
You keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night!
Freedom

Eddyville, KY

#18 Feb 5, 2013
For the good of the team they need to put Smith at catcher as he has a cannon of an arm. Best catcher in this town and would make the team solid!
Tigers

Middlesboro, KY

#19 Feb 5, 2013
You colonel fans been drinking to much of that bullshit lately!

Since: Feb 13

United States

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Colonel Insider wrote:
I heard he had major arm problems and had Tommy John surgury last year. Arm is still not at full strengeth. Staff does not want to rush him in his recovery and have issues if he can play a whole season without getting hurt. The future is bright for him but still major questions with his health. The job right now is Juckett's to lose.
It was 2 seasons ago for Chiltons surgery. He is back and practicing as catcher. They are over at the field now if you would like to see him in action. Stronger than ever!! I see him or Smith for varsity and Juckett for JV. Good luck Colonels!
Colonels

Madisonville, KY

#21 Feb 5, 2013
Loving ball wrote:
<quoted text>
It was 2 seasons ago for Chiltons surgery. He is back and practicing as catcher. They are over at the field now if you would like to see him in action. Stronger than ever!! I see him or Smith for varsity and Juckett for JV. Good luck Colonels!
Chitin is absolutle pitiful in heard chi ton was going to call the shots from the stands..,,
Colonels

Madisonville, KY

#22 Feb 5, 2013
The Chilton boy couldn't block a basketball if it was thrown at him
Denny chitin named new county baseball coach 2013 with Tommy McGraw as number 1 assistant

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy rape boys to be set ferr 1 hr money 11
Pine Hill Dr. Area 1 hr Nikki 12
Football coaches at state finals 2 hr Old Timer 3
Roommate 3 hr Ernie1192 2
Walgreens 3 hr Verified 4
Transgenders in Hoptown 3 hr Friend 1
Harton place 8 hr Jones 10
Dayton Jones will be set free Fri church 9
Mrs. Cost HMS Teacher arrested for being intoxi... Thu hoptwn29 15

Hopkinsville Jobs