'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 228507 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#48988 Sep 18, 2012
G'Night
Tired of ALL the "ignorance" ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#48989 Sep 18, 2012
One more thing ...

UNIVERSITY OF FLA.--STUDENT-- ALLEGEDLY DENIED ENTRY INTO MICHELLE OBAMA EVENT FOR WEARING JOHN MCCAIN T-SHIRT

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/university-of...
Jay

Springville, TN

#48990 Sep 18, 2012
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my money from my retirement goes into my checking account.
And democrats don't try to hold working peoe down, your description is of republicans. Remember, they never want to raise minimum wage. Please prove me wrong here jay, please try lmao
They fight unions tooth and nail. They want contracts with thier customers for. If oders but not with employees who make them all the money. Hmmmm just greed! America is over the greed and super rich getting over on everyone. Obama is still up over 5%. Ol mitt didn't even get a bounce after the convention. You're dead in the water pal!!
Keep singing that Muslim BS that you idiots are trained to repeat.... It's almost over. 49 days and 4 more years!
Now don't stay up too late Lil fella! Gotta turn the deep fryer on early at McDonald's to make the hash browns for breakfast!!!!!! Lmao
Tool!!!
How's that edited video working for you??? Have you noticed it being heavily edited and all??? How dumb do you feel falling for that??? You do have a 5th grade education don't you? Cause that was a sad to believe that was factual at all. You aren't very bright lmao

Romney told the truth today, and even the conservative media was discussing it. The American people don't like the truth, they would rather live under Obama's fantasies or Hope/Change and Backward! The 47% he was talking about IS the truth. The truth hurts doesn't it? It makes you libs mad to have to face yourself in the mirror and admit what idiots you are. In that collage of people are those who will vote for Obama because they are afraid they will lose their welfare. When someone offers an option: how would you like a good job, regain your self-respect, earn your way in this life, there are too many of your kind out there who would rather not. It's too scary. It's easier to live like a poor slob in government housing, buy your food made in China from the Dollar General, scrounge for a living, and give Obama and his minions the lifestyle they are so accustomed to. The unemployment rate is stuck over 8 and more likely 15 ever since this man took office. People are put on part time rotation shifts so companies don't have to contribute anything but an hourly salary. We are 6 trillion more dollars in debt and borrowing and borrowing, printing worthless money, paying interest up the bookoo on a debt that will never see the end. Our kids are competing against illegals who are reaping the benefits of hard earned taxpayer money. The black Americans are at @ 16% unemployment. He has done nothing for these people because he is sure they will vote for him on color. I know several families who are angry and feeling let down by the lies this man told them. Obama and his family have no "skin" in this game. And the healthcare law he pushed on us is not something he or his cronies would ever stoop so low to participate in.

Your response to me was illiterate, childish and immature. The facts are in your face, and you talk like a 8th grader with a D average. Grow up, and realize I owe you nothing, no explanation unless I choose to. You are just another loud mouth, think you know it all.

Ignorance becomes you!
pshw

Grayson, KY

#48992 Sep 19, 2012
More "us vs them"
Last year's total revenue was $5 Trillion.
It's best to think of debt and defict in relation to revenue, it terms of trillions rather than try to compare otherwise. The main problem lies with cutting taxes during wartime, and we are still at war. The Afghan and Iraq wars represent the first time we cut tax rates during war, even Regan knew to raise taxes when needed(Cold War).
Current projected budget defict is 1.1 Trillion, and we are still under the "Bush budget". Are we going to have to get serious about spending cuts? Yes, but we are going to have to be serious about revenue to make up for all wartime expenditures for the last decade. We need to address what is an acceptable level of debt, as there is such a thing a "good debt".
Stop buying into party-line rhetoric, such as "47% of Americans pay no income tax". Even people that earn 20k and below pay federal tax every paycheck, as most people prefer to get a refund. Think of it as a loan to the government. "Income redistrubtion" is a worn out line as well, the government doesn't ration income to all 350 million citizens. It's about debt and deficit, we need the revenue. Add to this that tax rates, and EIC are republican contributions.
I do want everyone to think about what congress has done to address issues, or not done. Think if there has been far too much political animosity, in lieu of what is beneficial to American citizens. One President has not divided us, but merely brought prejudices to the surface. We still have much work to do with racism and classism. If you doubt it, consider "Birtherism" and the statement that 47% don't pay taxes.
In conclusion, every citizen needs to come together to rebuild our economy. Remember this motto "United We Stand, Divided We Fall."
pshw

Grayson, KY

#48993 Sep 19, 2012
http://apps.opm.gov/tax_calc/withhold_calc/in...

A withholding calculator for w-4 forms, so anyone can try it out.
For example:
1600 per month income(before taxes)
Filing single 0 allowances
Amount withheld is: 176.90

The government gets monthly revenue, not yearly.
papaderp aka oatmeal man

Florence, KY

#48994 Sep 19, 2012
without the right w2 or if they screwd up mean the government or your employer you can call and complain like ssc,earnings, you can file a something with a r word and you pay nothing!ha
papaderp aka oatmeal man

Florence, KY

#48995 Sep 19, 2012
when i made 2800,from 2 jobs,think bout 800 was gone,in a month maybe thousand,but you got to calculate overtime and for some odd reasons i would make more without it very wierd
pshw

Grayson, KY

#48996 Sep 19, 2012
You fill out a W-4 when hired, W-2 is your tax statement. People do prefer to get a refund as way to have a lump sum once a year to spend or splurge. Just look at all the commercials during tax time.
pshw

Grayson, KY

#48997 Sep 19, 2012
It's a bit more complicated if you break into a new bracket and overtime has weird tax rates.
pshw

Grayson, KY

#48998 Sep 19, 2012
papaderp aka oatmeal man

Florence, KY

#48999 Sep 19, 2012
you know they need too have one tax.say if you work out of town you pay that states tax,but after your done you also have to pay your states tax.but for instance you cross a bridge to another state that state might help too pay because it brings buisness
papaderp aka oatmeal man

Florence, KY

#49000 Sep 19, 2012
they sure do take more out in overtime i once got a check worked extra ten hrs looked the same as if i didnt its bullllllshhhhhiiz
pshw

Grayson, KY

#49001 Sep 19, 2012
you pay at the highest marginal rate for overtime, read the article.
papaderp aka oatmeal man

Florence, KY

#49002 Sep 19, 2012
i did and agree
Justsaying

Rochester, KY

#49003 Sep 19, 2012
American Lady wrote:
One more thing ...
UNIVERSITY OF FLA.--STUDENT-- ALLEGEDLY DENIED ENTRY INTO MICHELLE OBAMA EVENT FOR WEARING JOHN MCCAIN T-SHIRT
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/university-of...
Get of the net and go pay some Mitt taxes today!!!!!!!!!! You 47% POS.
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#49005 Sep 19, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
That's WHAT obot's been doing....hasn't worked!
It’s a waste of time to respond to comments from “WTF” when all he does is throw a tantrum and call everyone names in hopes that somehow name calling is going to hurt someone. I doubt anyone can reach this "kid" and I call him a kid because no one talks like that who is serious about expanding their party’s message. Most liberals/democrats don't seem to say much of anything here because people like "WTF" make it an embarrassment to be associated with trash talk in their party. But if there is anyone out there who wants a serious debate then please put your comments out here and let us debate them rationally.
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#49006 Sep 19, 2012
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>In the past 20 years the middle class income has increased by 18%. The top has increased by 287%. That's the only wealth redistribution the Repubs like to see. The rich getting richer and the poor staying poor. Screw the 15% income tax Millionaire and Billionaires. They are screwing America!!!!
How are they screwing America? WE PAY THE MAJORITY OF TAXES YET WE ARE NOT THE ONES USING THE RESOURCES!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#49007 Sep 19, 2012
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! We have a love story developing here!
It's heart warming to see you two express feelings for each other!
One of you can be a republican senator the other can be a young male page!
LMMFAO sorry..... Had to! You're both pathetic!!
Anywho.... Just checked the polls, Obama still up by 5. You all can bring up Rassmussen if you like, thier credibility is close to Fox. ZERO! But hey, it's fun watching you All bring those sources up in debates!
The National Enquirer of news programs and the National Enquierer of polls.
The ONLY "poll" that matters will happen in November, Tabby. I don't waste my time with any of them. Not a one of them will change the fact that Romney will bulldoze Obama, and he won't need a bunch of dead people to do it, either!
papaderp aka oatmeal man

Florence, KY

#49009 Sep 19, 2012
might as well people dont matter anyway stevie
Uncle Tab

United States

#49010 Sep 19, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney told the truth today, and even the conservative media was discussing it. The American people don't like the truth, they would rather live under Obama's fantasies or Hope/Change and Backward! The 47% he was talking about IS the truth. The truth hurts doesn't it? It makes you libs mad to have to face yourself in the mirror and admit what idiots you are. In that collage of people are those who will vote for Obama because they are afraid they will lose their welfare. When someone offers an option: how would you like a good job, regain your self-respect, earn your way in this life, there are too many of your kind out there who would rather not. It's too scary. It's easier to live like a poor slob in government housing, buy your food made in China from the Dollar General, scrounge for a living, and give Obama and his minions the lifestyle they are so accustomed to. The unemployment rate is stuck over 8 and more likely 15 ever since this man took office. People are put on part time rotation shifts so companies don't have to contribute anything but an hourly salary. We are 6 trillion more dollars in debt and borrowing and borrowing, printing worthless money, paying interest up the bookoo on a debt that will never see the end. Our kids are competing against illegals who are reaping the benefits of hard earned taxpayer money. The black Americans are at @ 16% unemployment. He has done nothing for these people because he is sure they will vote for him on color. I know several families who are angry and feeling let down by the lies this man told them. Obama and his family have no "skin" in this game. And the healthcare law he pushed on us is not something he or his cronies would ever stoop so low to participate in.
Your response to me was illiterate, childish and immature. The facts are in your face, and you talk like a 8th grader with a D average. Grow up, and realize I owe you nothing, no explanation unless I choose to. You are just another loud mouth, think you know it all.
Ignorance becomes you!
Conservative media huh? Heh they've got you tools trained pretty good.

I know you don't get what was said here, but he said ALL! Which means retired Repubs too.

But hey , no use in trying to explain something to an idiot brainwashed from TV

Since Fox runs his campaign this is a last ditch effort to get him ellected

See how that works for ya lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brianna&aj austin 4 hr Hpd 3
heather dawn moss 4 hr Question 108
Cutting grass on Sundays 6 hr seenit 50
Ryan Ammerson 8 hr Hobiecat 5
City pay raises 9 hr curious 15
answer 14 hr Toenail 5
Stieve Oliver 14 hr Debater 10
Country club trash 21 hr Old timer 41
More from around the web

Personal Finance