“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#1 Dec 13, 2012
So one of the biggest pushers of "Right to Work" is the Chamber of Commerce. So I called them up today and asked if I could join. They were just about to roll out the red carpet for me until I told them I didn't want to pay the dues. They said they could not allow me to join then. I asked them why and they said that it would not be fair to the other dues paying members who now get the benefits of the chamber.
So why does a union of business owners have the right to deny someone from joining if they don't want to pay dues, but a union has to defend moochers in a "right to work (for less)" state even when they don't pay dues?
shawn s

Corbin, KY

#2 Dec 13, 2012
Get a life!!!!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#3 Dec 13, 2012
So no actual response. No debate on the merits or lack thereof of what I said, just an insult.
Goes to show once again that Repbulicants have no position they can honestly and thoughtfully defend. Why do you people vote the way you do when you cannot even put your side into words? As you should have learned in this last election, bullying and lies won't win anymore.
shawn s

Corbin, KY

#4 Dec 13, 2012
Clap off you old fart and get in bed!!!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#5 Dec 14, 2012
Yes I am soooo old! lol Keep trying to dismiss my valid points with empty posts and lies, you just make your side look worse each time!
On Notice

Cadiz, KY

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Because the Chamber is a NON-PROFIT group that people VOLUNTEERILY pay to become a part of as they (the member) feel they wil receive something of value by bein a member.
A buiness does not HAVE to pay the Chamber of Commerce "dues" in order to have a business in Christian county, the COC operates in a capitalistic manner.
However, Union thugs want to break the legs of anyone that attempts to WORK where unions controlthe jobs. Unions are scum bags and people that belong to and support Obama's union thugs are scum bags.
Iam not surprises that an idiot liberal would call the CoC wih such stupid remark
been there

Nebo, KY

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Unions have lost jobs for many in western KY. Phelps Dodge for one. Coal mines, Borg-warner in Madisonville, They demand and the only ones that get anything out of it is the big shots in the unions. In todays time with the labor laws of your beloved dumocrates these laws are in place to protect the workers. The only ones that need a union now are those that don't want to work or are worthless and can't keep a job without the union backing them.
y

Charlotte, NC

#8 Dec 14, 2012
been there wrote:
Unions have lost jobs for many in western KY. Phelps Dodge for one. Coal mines, Borg-warner in Madisonville, They demand and the only ones that get anything out of it is the big shots in the unions. In todays time with the labor laws of your beloved dumocrates these laws are in place to protect the workers. The only ones that need a union now are those that don't want to work or are worthless and can't keep a job without the union backing them.
Sure the union is the reason phelps dodge left. They were working without a contract they didn't go on strike. That is a ridiculous statement.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#9 Dec 14, 2012
When those "greedy unions" in the coal mines started being pushed out, the more cola miners we had dying or being injured in this area! been there, do you or have you ever worked in HR? You sound like you are repeating some of the lies I hear out of those idiots. Keep on bitching about Topix at your lunches and meetings with other plants, everyone out on your floor hears about your petty squabbles and unprofessional conduct too!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#10 Dec 14, 2012
lol cola miners
On Notice

Hopkinsville, KY

#11 Dec 16, 2012
been there wrote:
The only ones that need a union now are those that don't want to work or are worthless and can't keep a job without the union backing them.
So in other words, local govt, state and federal workers are the ones that need unions for them to keep their jobs, because most of them (minus the military of course)certainly don't give 100% at work and most just ride the system
Sarah Palin

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Dec 16, 2012
I ride the system, as long as it's black and thick as a baseball bat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
court system 11 min let freedom ring 1
Which Churches around allow members to drink al... 12 min Satan 3
Endless yard sales 3 hr Hick ross 6
Pay for play at Christian County (football)??? 3 hr Clean up 18
Katie Freeman 13 hr camo13 19
Janice Turner 14 hr true 1
Whare do Gays hang out in Hoptown? (Mar '11) 15 hr The gay guy 83
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages