First Prev
of 2
Next Last
not guilty

Owensboro, KY

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Whats up with all the fighting at Christian County High. Seems like a bad fight everyday.Is anyone gonna do anything about it? Some of us are trying to learn.
Yo momma

Clover, SC

#2 Nov 7, 2012
U sure ain't learning nothing on the internet all day
not guilty

Owensboro, KY

#3 Nov 7, 2012
just tryin to do my time there and get off to college. The fighting is a major distraction.
Beside I never know if im gonna look at someone the wrong way and they wanna fight me then my school records will be messed up for college.
not guilty

Owensboro, KY

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Not on internet all day. Im allowed after school free time.
because

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Nov 7, 2012
not guilty wrote:
Not on internet all day. Im allowed after school free time.
Hey, I hope you soon go off to college soon. The learning environment will be different so my brother tells me. As for CCHS, there is no discipline at the school. Each teacher has his/her own set of standards and the school is run like a zoo. Instead of following the student code of conduct anything goes. Wonder when the principle will get it under control. I am begging my parents to send me to a private school or home school me. I hate the place.
Too busy

Pulaski, TN

#6 Nov 7, 2012
What school o u go to? All of the kids I talk to say it is much improved over a couple of years ago. They act like they are enjoying there year now.
not guilty

Owensboro, KY

#7 Nov 7, 2012
I go to Christian county high. because is right there is no discipline at school.I see kids in a fight and they are back at school the very next day. No punishment.They even curse and call names to teachers and nothing happens.I wish I could go to private school or home school too.
hoptownTiger

Tucker, GA

#8 Nov 7, 2012
Hoptown is a bit better. CCHS in my opinion sucks. And not because I went to hoptown. Hoptown is more organized and there aren't many fights there at all. Education is another story for both schools the teachers suck and always will cuz all they care about is that pay check not the kids.
are you kidding me

Madisonville, KY

#9 Nov 7, 2012
Yea a lot of bullying goes on at that school.
new to area

Tucker, GA

#10 Nov 7, 2012
My student started a few weeks back. So far has been called a lesbian, I myself was at the school in the hall way w other parents and heard students cursing and throwing phones across the room. To keep issues away from my student I have not contacted the school but where in the hell are your teachers and what happened to suspending? It is told to me by my student kids r cursing teachers in every class everyday and cell phone use. I went to the school one day to pick up my student and went to the office to have my student paged and they asked me if I texted her? REALLY?!? don't it clearly state NO CELL PHONES INSIDE THE SCHOOL??? THERE DNT NEED TO BE. THEY R THERE TO LEARN NOT TEXT..... I'm concerned.
ex student

Owensboro, KY

#11 Nov 7, 2012
That school is worse than a zoo. Saw more fighting than I ever care to see. Alot of fights were girls.I graduated last year so glad I'm outta there .Did have me a few good teachers tho.
gototheboard

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Nov 7, 2012
new to area wrote:
My student started a few weeks back. So far has been called a lesbian, I myself was at the school in the hall way w other parents and heard students cursing and throwing phones across the room. To keep issues away from my student I have not contacted the school but where in the hell are your teachers and what happened to suspending? It is told to me by my student kids r cursing teachers in every class everyday and cell phone use. I went to the school one day to pick up my student and went to the office to have my student paged and they asked me if I texted her? REALLY?!? don't it clearly state NO CELL PHONES INSIDE THE SCHOOL??? THERE DNT NEED TO BE. THEY R THERE TO LEARN NOT TEXT..... I'm concerned.
I am a relative of a person who has sub-ed at the school. She will not go back because the classes she sub-ed in the students cussed her had their cell phones and refused to respect and obey her. When she did get the classes undercontrol they told her she treated them like they were in JAIL and she was a b-----. She told me that the teachers do not care about students learning and are just their for a paycheck. She said that there are only two or three students per classroom that spoil the other's opportunity to learn. However, the other students are afraid of them. She held her ground but she is disappointed with the school and how it is run. She wanted to go to the board but said she is sure they are aware of the problems and issues.No discipline at the school. She said CCHS is outtacontrol! And they wonder why they can't keep subs.
ex student

Owensboro, KY

#13 Nov 7, 2012
We had alot of teachers come and go when I was there.
Black Ceaser

Hopkinsville, KY

#14 Nov 7, 2012
Man Mr Gant and MRS Landcaster didn't play that when I went to school lol. Oh yea Ms Beehive.
realest

Tucker, GA

#15 Nov 7, 2012
Because CCHS SUCKS!
Crazy

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Nov 7, 2012
I was at County picking up my kid the other day and there was a group of kids hanging around. The buses were still being loaded, and they were acting like they were fighting. It was so loud that a teacher stuck her head out the door to see what was going on. Crazy thing is one of the kids was smoking. She didn't do anything about it. Instead, she just went back inside. Students are getting things stolen from them left and right. Nothing gets done. You report it, and they say nothing they can do. Seems to me like some, not all, of the teachers there really don't care.
Crazy

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Nov 7, 2012
new to area wrote:
That is true. I needed my child paged, they told me they couldn't find him and told me to text him. Isn't it their job to know where my child is? And how are these kids learning when they can get on there cell phones and google the answers?

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Nov 8, 2012
I think a group of the parents should get together and report it to the board. I cannot understand how the board is not seeing what is going on right in front of their nose. And what do the principles do. That school is run like a ZOO! Administration needs to change or someone needs to come and investigate what is going on. The kids are running the school because the teachers are afraid of them. Wow who would be afraid of a child?
taxdollar

Hopkinsville, KY

#19 Nov 8, 2012
not guilty wrote:
just tryin to do my time there and get off to college. The fighting is a major distraction.
Beside I never know if im gonna look at someone the wrong way and they wanna fight me then my school records will be messed up for college.
You mean my tax dollars is supporting a school where there is a young person who is afraid to go to school. Who is afraid that they may provoke someone by just looking. How can this be an environment of great learning. How can it be about every student everyday. Tell your parents about your fears. As much as the world and community is talking about bullying and nothing changes. I attended CCHS and got by behind woooped a few times because my parents told me not to fight people. I was different because I was into my books. I was raised to be a Christian. I am grown, but I will never forget getting those woopings at school and being bullied my whole four years by my peers. I hope you make it to college because college it nothing like high school. Nothing! The kids who bully ain't even going to be there don't worry! I hate to say it but I would never let my children attend public school.
Loose ends

Tucker, GA

#20 Nov 8, 2012
It's not just the high schools, it starts at the elementary schools. There are elementary school teachers that bully children. Sad but true. The principles at those schools are also afraid of black folks. The kids aren't stupid they learn to get away with it at a very young age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local motels rip off visitors 12 min Pussyfat 15
Rebecca king 51 min Not going down li... 1
Not My Tax Increase 1 hr WhyShouldIPay 78
Kim Frommel Wyatt 1 hr Tiredofthescum 1
Kim Frommel Wyatt (Aug '15) 1 hr Tiredofthescum 5
Natural gas boom 1 hr Getready 4
What Factories... 1 hr Sara 4
Christian County Schools 6 hr concerned about h... 32
Novadell 7 hr mcs 47
Todd Hamilton is mad 10 hr Sportsvoice 13