Since: Apr 12

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Except that new federal law makes you a felon now for doing it, right? But whats a little time in the Pen compared to being allowed to put all your illegal internet music onto you iPhone, ammirite?
Plus downloading potential malware to jailbreak you phone or tablet can never ever create problems or viruses down the road?
Mee Too Old

Nortonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

the real anonymouse wrote:
Except that new federal law makes you a felon now for doing it, right? But whats a little time in the Pen compared to being allowed to put all your illegal internet music onto you iPhone, ammirite?
Plus downloading potential malware to jailbreak you phone or tablet can never ever create problems or viruses down the road?
I don't even know what the f**k you are talking about!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

But it didn't stop you from replying with cursing and general rudeness. When I don't know about things, I usually ignore them or ask about them, not go into attack mode.
Pod2g

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Well you my friend are WRONG!!!!I know it sucks but sometimes you just have to be!!!So to answer your question,jailbreaking is no way illegal at all,and you are probaly referring to unlocking a phone which just came illegal.So next time please know what youre talking about and happy JAILBREAKING!!!!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

http://www.slashgear.com/unlocking-your-phone...
Without the carriers approval, it is illegal. Other devices were already illegal under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please stop spreading information that could get people into trouble. I don't agree with the laws, but I think it would be horrible that because you want to promote your malware that you feel the need to not tell people the real potential harm they may be doing.
SHAFT

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

But it didn't stop you from replying with cursing and general rudeness. When I don't know about things, I usually ignore them or ask about them, not go into attack mode.
You dont ask anybody anything. You think you know everything and everybody else is stupid. And you do curse when people dont agree with you.
pmf

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

unlocking is illegal. jailbreaking a tablet is illegal. jailbreaking a phone is not. jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things. the intention of jailbreaking is to acquire new and different features and software. the purpose of unlocking a phone is to use the phone on a different carrier. there are companies that unlock phones and sell them in overseas markets.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/01/mobi...
SHAFT

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

http://www.slashgear.com/unloc king-your-phone-becomes-illega l-starting-tomorrow-25266784/
Without the carriers approval, it is illegal. Other devices were already illegal under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please stop spreading information that could get people into trouble. I don't agree with the laws, but I think it would be horrible that because you want to promote your malware that you feel the need to not tell people the real potential harm they may be doing.
You seem to be concerned about whats legal and illegal but you never say anything bout your man in the white house who keeps violating the constitution which is the law of the land.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

SHAFT wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to be concerned about whats legal and illegal but you never say anything bout your man in the white house who keeps violating the constitution which is the law of the land.
Then take it to the courts you seditionist traitor. That is the way the system works. That is civics 101.
SHAFT

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>
Then take it to the courts you seditionist traitor. That is the way the system works. That is civics 101.
Their is no point because the courts are packed with people like you. And you are the traitor and you talk like you are drunk.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Bullshit. Reagan and two Bushes have packed the courts with lifetime Conservative appointees. Facts don't matter when you make claims, do they?
Larry Kidman

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Well I have to agree with the other posts because I've done called AT&T myself and jail breaking is not illegal so it looks like your just talking to talk!!!!
SHAFT

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Bullshit. Reagan and two Bushes have packed the courts with lifetime Conservative appointees. Facts don't matter when you make claims, do they?
The courts are supposed to have people who support the constitution beacause the constitution established the courts.
face it

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>
When will you STFU? You bash people for their reply and get just as nasty. Just STFU.? Please, if you can't be nice, JUMP. I have a cliff.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

face it wrote:
<quoted text> When will you STFU? You bash people for their reply and get just as nasty. Just STFU.? Please, if you can't be nice, JUMP. I have a cliff.
I work with what I am given. I am nice to those who are nice to me and mean when they are likewise. You just bashed me, so you are just a hypocrite, aren't you?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

also, STFU? I never spoke to "shut up". If you are hearing voices, get professional help.
SHAFT

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

also, STFU? I never spoke to "shut up". If you are hearing voices, get professional help.
You are the one who needs professional help. Try FoolsRus.com .
Hoptown Hicks Are Dumb

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

I swear yall make me embarrassed to be from this town. Jail breaking has nothing to do with being able to add files to your phone. It enables a phone to be used across more than just one service and also use your phone be tethered as a wifi or hotspot. Example.....you can jail break an Iphone to where you can use prepaid unlimited internet from a GoPhone and not have to pay ATTs ridiculously limited internet service. Its not illegal either, It Is just against the terms of service for all carrier providers. Which means It voids your warranty on your phone and If your carrier finds out they will likely drop you from your plan and wont do business with you anymore. But, you have a better shot at winning the Powerball than getting caught. Seeing how even some of the people who work In the ATT store have jail broken smart phones.
Do What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

http://www.slashgear.com/unloc king-your-phone-becomes-illega l-starting-tomorrow-25266784/
Respectively, you are incorrect. Unlocking is illegal; jailbreaking is not. They are two completely different things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Hopkinsville Forum right now

Search the Hopkinsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Teabag This 147,380
Sheena Hotson 29 min Aeiouy 152
Sanders Brothers 31 min who 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 46 min Anne52 81,567
CCHS football 1 hr ignorant 27
Caleb Renyolds BB house 1 hr BBfrankie 10
Hendricks Release Plan to attract More Business 1 hr Wellllllll 30
Hopkinsville Police Department (Jun '09) 7 hr mano 152
Loud Neighbors Thu Still the One 27
•••
•••
•••
•••