Why can't we have a mall like governe...

Why can't we have a mall like governer's square or bigger?

Posted in the Hopkinsville Forum

Big Player

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2013
What's the problem? Someone please break it down for me? Also down town why we don't have large buildings like Nashville Tn.
Chuck Norris

Benton, KY

#2 Feb 25, 2013
Black gangs would ruin it, just like they do downtown. People don't want to venture into downtown Hopkinsville after dark...simply too risky!
Read a book

Hopkinsville, KY

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Nashville has some of the worst gang problems In the south other than Texas and Florida. We just simply dont have enough money In our town to have a mall like that. Nor do we have the appeal for investors. Part of that appeal Is lost because of the Chamber of Commerce and their tyrannical rule over anything that comes Into Hopkinsville. But, we can thank Oak Grove for standing on their own and Ft. Campbell for bringing In the population of soldiers needed. There will be a huge mall and complex built In Oak Grove/Ft. Campbell In the next few years. Primary investor Is all In and the plans are just being worked out and final investors invited. Regardless just give It time and the mall will be built and It will put Governor Square Mall to shame. At least until GSM plans to expand.
not enough

Kuttawa, KY

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Not a large enough population. Our local "mall" should become an outlet mall.....people would drive from 30-100 miles out to shop...if it had interesting outlets.
Dulin

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Feb 25, 2013
More koons neededin town

Since: May 12

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Feb 26, 2013
Dulin wrote:
More koons neededin town
when I see a comment like that it makes me mad why can't we be all one people no black and white just gods creations.
Big Player

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 Feb 26, 2013
So basically population and Chamber of Commerce are the reason thank you.
oops

Elora, TN

#8 Feb 26, 2013
It's really not a white thing or a black thing. All people spend money regardless of race.
It's really an economic problem. The reason we do not have the nice resturants and shopping choices here have a lot to do with our leadership, long range planning, and geographic location.
The nice resturants and stores don't take food stamps. The only places that do well in this town except for the liquor and tobacco stores are the ones that accept EBT. What do our city leaders do. Build more public housing yea thats it that will solve our problems. Lets get more people in here that don't have a pot to piss in or any ambition.
Hopkinsville's location in relation to Clarksville and Nashville does not help either but we could have overcame that with proper planning.
Baby Daddy

United States

#9 Feb 26, 2013
It's pretty sad to even say that I live in this town. Hopkinsville and Clarksville use to at one time be basically the same size including population. Now look at the difference. It's a shame.
TooBad

Hopkinsville, KY

#10 Feb 27, 2013
saint_anger wrote:
<quoted text>when I see a comment like that it makes me mad why can't we be all one people no black and white just gods creations.
While that would be nice, it's not going to happen, especially under Obama. He has set race relations back 100 years.
Travelling Shopper

Tucker, GA

#11 Feb 27, 2013
Baby Daddy wrote:
It's pretty sad to even say that I live in this town. Hopkinsville and Clarksville use to at one time be basically the same size including population. Now look at the difference. It's a shame.
Baby Daddy, you are exactly right. I blame much of the difference to the fact that up until 15-20 years ago, Hopkinsville's old money did not want anything to do with Ft Campbell or its soldiers. Now all we can do is wish we didn't have to drive for a decent meal or to shop somewhere other than Walmart.........
Chuck Norris

Nebo, KY

#12 Feb 27, 2013
15-20 years ago? Heck, Hopkinsville leaders don't REALLY want the military in town now except for what they perceive the military can do for THEM. They don't really want the FT Campbell relationship to foster Hopkinsville growth because the Chamber only notionally goes after FT Campbell support. They put a pretty face in front of the audiance and/or camera and call it military affairs. The dance around with so-called military appreciation when in actually the soldiers HATE, yes litterly HATE being TASKED to SUPPORT Hopkinsville's "Military Appreciation Days". These people don't have a clue how to win the hearts and minds of our military neighbors. The community leaders have their little board meetings, eat the catered food, slap each other on the back and think they are doing a fine job. Heck, they even gather "generated" numbers to make it appear that what theya re doing is actually working...LOL. Over the past 10 years they (Hopkinsville leaders in the city and Chamber) have "reported" and continuous and sometimes dramatic growth among military in Christian county. While there has been some growth due to the MILITARY INCREASE IN NUMBERS AT FT CAMPBELL, the overall acceptance of Christian county as a home for the military is very low.

Hopkinsville has and continues to be a welfare town that attracts the low income housing crowd that increases the crime rate. People with families and money to spend do NOT want to come to a town like Hopkinsville! Businesses do NOT want to invest in a sesspool of the "takers of society", they desire people willing to work hard and respect their job, their employer and themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Robertson 2 hr Bloodin 14
Pay raise for Super? Step raises frozen ? 4 hr Get real 11
Drunk Heckler at Bevin Town meeting 7 hr Uwack 32
Sheriff's Candiadates 9 hr Woe 165
270 Entertainment 12 hr Thief 34
Umpire at Rupp Park 12 hr LMAO 7
White racist 12 hr leroyezell 11

Hopkinsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages