Censorship on Topix
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shrek

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Mar 17, 2011
Funny how there is supposed to be a moderator on here, yet sex stories about minors still get posted. But if you post something about a Tea Party organizer, public business owner, political website operator, and employee of Senator Rand Paul, then the post gets deleted. Is this the standard of Topix? To play into the demands that certain political cronies in this town get special treatment and can control all criticism on here? I guess real debate has no room on Topix boards, only rumors and gossip.
Mom

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 Mar 17, 2011
Topix also deletes threads about a baseball coach that is a GROWN adult. If Topix wants to remove threads then they should remove the ones that involve minors. I'll give you an example. Savannah Young, Taylor Reid, Chase Utley, Dannie Sue Mathews, etc. If someone wants to post about an adult, fine. This crap with allowing posts that involve young adults in ridiculous. I hope if one of those children decided to commit suicide because of what was posted on this website, I would hope their family would sue Topix for every dime they ever hoped to make. I can say that I know most of the young adults that are slandered on this site and I think they are MUCH too smart to let some jealous peers get to them. Topix should be shut down. Nothing but a gossip site for losers.
Jerry Springer Scout

Owensboro, KY

#3 Mar 17, 2011
Where would we get our guests on the show if Topix is shut down?
Shrek

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Mar 17, 2011
I can sort of see the coach thread getting the axe. There was some potential for libel and slander in naming women that he was supposedly messing around with. If the thread had only concentrated on his actions and not named names, it might have survived. He is a public person as a local sports coach, but the same could not be said for the women who were named.
Shrek

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Mar 17, 2011
Jerry Springer Scout wrote:
Where would we get our guests on the show if Topix is shut down?
I know for a fact that the only folks who ever appeared on Jerry from Hoptown were all former or current Wal-Mart employees. So until they close down that place, your job is safe "Mr. Springer"
Mom

Shepherdsville, KY

#6 Mar 17, 2011
Well Shrek, Everyone in Hopkinsville knows who the coach is messing with and has ultimately caused a marriage to break up. Those people are grown adults and they are fair game. It's not like anyone is making up lies. You haved lost your friggin mind if you think the baseball coach thread should have been deleted before the other threads that are targeting innocent teenage kids....And BTW, I only saw ONE name mentioned. Good luck trying to prove that what anyone said about that is slander or libel. I think once the husband is acknowledging what happened that it is most definately not slander or libel. I sure hope he leaves her with nothing but the coach and his rented double wide trailer.
Mom

Shepherdsville, KY

#7 Mar 17, 2011
Sorry. I meant to say "I think SINCE the husband is acknowledging what happened".
Shrek

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Mar 18, 2011
Don't put words into my mouth "Mom", I never said either is more worthy to get deleted first last or ever. I think they all need to be deleted. Please, if you know a real lawyer, just for fun, ask them what the difference between a public and private person is in the eyes of the law. Those children and the ladies in that thread are both being victimized by having their names published. It doesn't matter if it is one name or 1000 names. I think perhaps you had a dog in the fight of that slut shaming thread or else you'd probably not be so passionate in blasting me for having a middle of the road, calm and realistic opinion instead of being a zombie stooge and agreeing with you.
Grow up, you are just as bad as those kids.
Shrek

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Mar 18, 2011
But back to the question at hand. How long is this guy going to get away with bullying anyone who speaks about him on the internet? He totally controls the subjects on his own site "hoptownhall", he had Mr. Mullins site taken down for nothing more than a lie that they were giving out user names (it was in fact the moderators and users at HTH giving them out when they figured out who was cross posting to both sites, and now he is trying to bully Topix into deleting any mention about him? It makes his Tea Party and Republican buddies look bad by proxy when they cannot tolerate free speech and alternate opinions.
UDNTNOSHT

Shepherdsville, KY

#10 Mar 18, 2011
Shrek, I see where you're comming from but I do think that topix is trying to stay on top of these issues from what I understand there are a SSSSSSMMMMMALLLL amount of moderators. And they get 1000's of complaints each day about this or that subject. I don't have a clue what they use as criteria for looking at these complaints is it first come first serve or level of how "bad" it is? Putting any name out there, espcially a child is wrong, but when the kids see the parents one here talking about a Baseball coach and "whore, bitch, skank".... then the kids are like hey I know one of them and I can get my friends to join in with me.... We need to lead by example.( I wasn't saying that you said any of this, I was just using an example...) But I think that topix has been getting som much crap that they really are trying to get things cleaned up....
ALL YALL

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Mar 19, 2011
P.S. I know some of the brainwashed minions on hoptownhall are reading this since they are talking about Topix over there now. Do not kid yourself. "townhall" did get a thread deleted over here because he did not want any discussion about his political activism and ties to Rand Paul. If he claims any different it is just a lie
Eyesonyou

Dunmor, KY

#12 Mar 19, 2011
Yeah wonder if all the "hoptownhall" people know that their private messages (PM'S)are viewable....Moderators can do that ya'know. Your account is not private.
jeff

Madisonville, KY

#13 Mar 19, 2011
Mom wrote:
Topix also deletes threads about a baseball coach that is a GROWN adult. If Topix wants to remove threads then they should remove the ones that involve minors. I'll give you an example. Savannah Young, Taylor Reid, Chase Utley, Dannie Sue Mathews, etc. If someone wants to post about an adult, fine. This crap with allowing posts that involve young adults in ridiculous. I hope if one of those children decided to commit suicide because of what was posted on this website, I would hope their family would sue Topix for every dime they ever hoped to make. I can say that I know most of the young adults that are slandered on this site and I think they are MUCH too smart to let some jealous peers get to them. Topix should be shut down. Nothing but a gossip site for losers.
suicide is a choice
Shrek

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Mar 20, 2011
Jeff is probably a HTH troll trying to derail this thread but his comments are so evil I have to reply.
Jeff, you are sick in the head. "Suicide is a choice"? What the hell is your problem that you are condoning and excusing teen suicide encouraged by bullying? Let me put it to you like this. These are children that "Mom" was talking about. At that age, children are not recognized by the law to have legal consent. This is why they cannot be sexually exploited, or buy a car, or even vote. The law says that in these matters, a minor does not really have a choice. Which means that if someone like you encourages or abuses someone to that point... YOU ARE LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS THEY TAKE!

Bullying is a choice.
Greenboy

Dunmor, KY

#15 Mar 20, 2011
Well I never got any pitty/help at school back in the late 80's 90's if I was gettin bullied. Hell I got into trouble for "tattling" kids these days are too dang soft. You cant be weak, sorry.
beerman

Madisonville, KY

#16 Mar 20, 2011
Shrek wrote:
Jeff is probably a HTH troll trying to derail this thread but his comments are so evil I have to reply.
Jeff, you are sick in the head. "Suicide is a choice"? What the hell is your problem that you are condoning and excusing teen suicide encouraged by bullying? Let me put it to you like this. These are children that "Mom" was talking about. At that age, children are not recognized by the law to have legal consent. This is why they cannot be sexually exploited, or buy a car, or even vote. The law says that in these matters, a minor does not really have a choice. Which means that if someone like you encourages or abuses someone to that point... YOU ARE LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS THEY TAKE!
Bullying is a choice.
this dude sounds like he got bullied alot in highschool

Dunmor, KY

#17 Mar 20, 2011
Mom wrote:
You are retarded... You spend your time on topix trying to be a little judge. Your a mom. I would be embarassed if you were my mom, or wife. Get back to your place. Nobody listens to you and nobody wants you on here. Thanks

Dunmor, KY

#18 Mar 20, 2011
That bitch "mom" who posts on here makes me want to shoot myself more then any post on this damn site..... So heres to "mom"......!!BANG!!
Shrek

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Mar 21, 2011
beerman wrote:
<quoted text> this dude sounds like he got bullied alot in highschool
No actually I used to beat the snot out of any punk like you that tried to step up. But now I've grown up and had kids and saw how sick people like you and your boyfriend jeff are that you think that hurting kids is good clean fun and suicide is a laughing matter. Please get help for your mental conditions.
DaJudge

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Mar 21, 2011
You admit that you used to be a bully. Then you had kids and saw how OTHER people were sick. it looks as if you need the mental health care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Football coaches at state finals 56 min Go Bobcats 13
Would you do it with your step sister 7 hr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 6
Chelsea laster (Apr '11) 11 hr Wonder 52
darrius mumford (Jun '11) 11 hr Charlie 3
Ashley Lanford 12 hr For Real 1
anyone around here take kratom? (Jun '14) 12 hr millamain207 45
Paul Sova 16 hr mary jane 11
Is Shoney's closed for good? (Jun '15) 16 hr Pokemon 34
Mrs. Cost HMS Teacher arrested for being intoxi... Mon Pat willets 21

Hopkinsville Jobs