Back yard Burgers going out of business......

Posted in the Hopkinsville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SFW

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

BYB has sold the lot on 7th street to Taco Bell. From what I heard their last day will be March 2.
peace

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

this is bad. byb is a good place and the food is good,and they are always busy during lunch. taco bell really?
i pray for you

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

I hope so I love me some taco bell.
about time

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

They shut that nasty snotburger joint down!!!Bring the bell!!!!
slow simmered

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

There's plenty of options for burgers on that side of town. I'm glad to have a new option.
i pray for you

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

slow simmered wrote:
There's plenty of options for burgers on that side of town. I'm glad to have a new option.
totally agree bring on the bell.
Randy

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Going to miss the black jack chicken sandwich!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Haven't we been hearing this same rumor on Topix for 2 years now? Anyone got real proof that it's true?
SFW

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

the real anonymouse wrote:
Haven't we been hearing this same rumor on Topix for 2 years now? Anyone got real proof that it's true?
Go by BYB and ask,they'll tell you.
bad company

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

I like byb but it was a little to high for your average worker on this side of town hate to say it but the dollar menu is my best friend. I can eat good at taco bell for under $5 do it all the time and i like the bell big plus
OKDOKIE

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

BYB was pretty good food but Its overpriced. Im actually kinda happy to have something different to choose from If I want to get something from West 7th. Taco Bell should do pretty well there. Most of business BYB has during lunch are cops and firefighters getting their free meal. So thats probably one reason why they cant keep the doors open.

Since: May 12

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

yea taco bell bring it on.
Ray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

I will take Back Yard burgers over McDonald's, sonic or Wendy's any day. The price of the angus burger at McDonald's is the same price as at Back Yard. Due to the service in the dining room and the quality food at back Yard Burgers, I will hate to see them go. However, some may prefer the McDonald's burger. No Mexican fast food on this end of town, thus, looking forward to a Taco Bell. As tight as people are in Hopkinsville - the dollar tacos will sell well

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Seen the sign at backyard today sure going to miss them but bring on the bell. Wonder if it would be like the one in Cadiz a bell KFC I think would do good.

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

the real anonymouse wrote:
drive by it look at the sign.
Traffic Nightmare

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

If Taco Hell does go in there it will be an outrageous traffic cluster f*ck. The drive through at the current taco hell wraps around the whole building and is usually packed all the time.....we all know that at BYB 2 cars in line at the drive through is a JAM!

It will have to be redesigned. I just hope the city does not fit the bill. However it does usually cater to rich assholes.
Klan man

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Every time I eat at BYB it give me the trots. Anyone else have the same problem?

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

I hate Taco Bell. Fake tacos, fake meat, fake Mexican food. They know how crappy it is too. Why else would they build a drive thru that you cannot leave or pull out of? I feel bad for the BYB employees too, especially the young people because they seem very cheerful and positive. Taco Bell employees all seem like they are smoking something funny. Maybe that is a slick corporate thing to give them an edgy pothead vibe (just like the late hours seem to suggest)? But it feels very sad and depressing place for young people to have as a first job.
Jack

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Traffic Nightmare wrote:
If Taco Hell does go in there it will be an outrageous traffic cluster f*ck. The drive through at the current taco hell wraps around the whole building and is usually packed all the time.....we all know that at BYB 2 cars in line at the drive through is a JAM!
It will have to be redesigned. I just hope the city does not fit the bill. However it does usually cater to rich assholes.
Taco Bell won't do any more volume than McDonald's or Wendy's on the other two corners. City is not going to redesign a private restaurant parking lot so a few more cars can stack. due to age of back yard building, I am sure Taco Bell will tear it down, build a smaller building and position to stack more cars. I hate to see back yard go (mcdonalds burgers rip my stomach not byb) but hard to compete with Wendy's and McDonald's in a town that u are either real rich or real poor not much in between. Thus, a town where a Taco Bell or McDonald's do extremely well due to the food price point. Taco Bell will do very well on this corner lot assuming permits go through otherwise Hopkinsville will be stuck with yet another closed empty building that becomes an eye sore..
ukgirl

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

I'll stick with Las Fuentes in Indian Hills. Yum!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Hopkinsville Forum right now

Search the Hopkinsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,193
Sheena Hotson 33 min jimmie 93
China King 1 hr dontbefooled 34
Coaching ethics question? 2 hr Baseball 14
Jeremy Sanders 2 hr Married 13
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr oscar 16,116
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr terri 26,184
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hopkinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hopkinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE