Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,441 - 74,460 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88376 Apr 8, 2013
whitehair wrote:
Good morning all! What a beautiful day the LORD has given us.!
Looked out my bedroom window and saw a perfect view of the greatness of the Lord`s work in the form of a spider`s web!So perfect,so good a circle with dividers and inside circles!
called my wfe to come to see,she decided it would be my job to clean it off.Will await this evening.It needs to eat as do we all.
Perhaps if you wait long enough, the rain and breeze might take care of it for you;) It's pretty breezy here in the eastern region of Ky. Kind of cloudy, might get a small shower. Webs are something. And not all spiders are dangerously venomous. Hehe. I believe, the brown recluse is the one to watch for in this area??? Fine day to you All. Birds are happy and so am I.
Tollesboro Guy

Dahlonega, GA

#88377 Apr 8, 2013
AMEN to the Lord giving us a beautiful day. We take for granted all the little things, like the air we breathe. Even that is a gift from God. Enjoy the day and thank Our Father in Heaven for all we get.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88380 Apr 8, 2013
I did enjoy the CREATOR's day. Been out in it all day putting the finishing touches on my building and watching the chickens getting all excited about the things the tractor-tiller had turned up for them. Interesting to listen to the old rooster saying "Hey Girls, come look at this".

My son has a 5 foot long tiller that operates off the PTO drive on his tractor. It works much better than a cutting harrow and he came yesterday evening and tilled my corn field and my garden, but today was the first day for the chickens to find all the new treasures.

I even had 3 wild turkeys stick their heads out of the woods to see what the chickens were getting all excited about and the dog laid in the sunshine working on his tan. We are certainly BLESSED.
Anne

United States

#88381 Apr 8, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
AMEN to the Lord giving us a beautiful day. We take for granted all the little things, like the air we breathe. Even that is a gift from God. Enjoy the day and thank Our Father in Heaven for all we get.
It WAS a beautiful day and I DID rejoice and be glad !! I know I usually take things for granted but I am also aware of the many blessings I have been given!!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88382 Apr 8, 2013
Home again...it's just getting dark. It was Beautiful today! Hope you all had a great day.
Imposter

Wayland, KY

#88383 Apr 8, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Glad to see everyone. But where's Hemp?? Blue?? I didn't see anything from them in my catch up reading...
I hope old super humpaburner is OK, Blue too. Strange how we worry about online persons we've never met.
Humper is probably busy taking care of his Koi-Kods, patrolling the bunny trail and such. Blue may be OTR again.
But I am fine considering... you are as well I hope. May we all be blessed with health this spring.
Sorry for picking at you so much in the past...for what its worth toots. I mean it this time.
Imposter

Wayland, KY

#88384 Apr 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I did enjoy the CREATOR's day. Been out in it all day putting the finishing touches on my building and watching the chickens getting all excited about the things the tractor-tiller had turned up for them. Interesting to listen to the old rooster saying "Hey Girls, come look at this".
My son has a 5 foot long tiller that operates off the PTO drive on his tractor. It works much better than a cutting harrow and he came yesterday evening and tilled my corn field and my garden, but today was the first day for the chickens to find all the new treasures.
I even had 3 wild turkeys stick their heads out of the woods to see what the chickens were getting all excited about and the dog laid in the sunshine working on his tan. We are certainly BLESSED.
Right on.
Imposter

Wayland, KY

#88385 Apr 8, 2013
Lonely in Michigan

Nicholasville, KY

#88386 Apr 9, 2013
Dernit!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#88387 Apr 9, 2013
Dang, Instead of getting canned, Imposter is getting hearts for his pleasantry and I am sure it is much less frustrating for him. Will wonders never cease ? Good Job!!! That absolutely made my morning and since dog is back, we can go rest easy.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88388 Apr 9, 2013
got home a little past supper time after a very sticky five hour drive (note to self: a/c needs charged again, even a seventy degree day like today can be a bummer when you sprinkle some humidity on it) came home to a few pleasant and some not so pleasant surprises.

shall start with the unpleasant things first.

the day we left i had to work so hubby drove there and we left my car at work and continued on. that meant hubby was in charge of the final walk thru and light checking thingy. left a quarter inch of milk in a glass on the counter, and threw in the kitchen trash a couple hard boiled eggs we had left over from the Easter egg hunt, which he did not take out before he left.

my neighbor accidentally left his key on my coffee table three days ago, so he could no longer come check on the meows. one of them turned the bath tub into the extra litter box and another used an open card board box with my tax returns from the past five years in it.(@ ogala i know you have some meows so you can back me up when i say you can usually determine the culprit by size, color, and consistency.) it could have been worse, thank God we took the dogs with. we always put loads of food down and extra water so aside from the messes no harm no foul.

my tin box smells like drunken burp.

I left my debit card at a gas station in Columbia on the way home but luckily the clerk saw it on the counter before anyone else did and looked me up on Facebook so i got a inbox telling me they think i was just in Columbia and wanting to know if this was the right (my name). thank you God for my unique name with no middle because i was the fifth child and i guess they just ran out of options.

<spell check also makes you capitalize fb but not God...really?>

well on to the pleasantries....

at the gas station i left my card at i used my last ten dollars of paper money to purchase five scratch offs, four duds and one fifty dollar winner. best part is i was driving and hubby was scratching and after the fourth time of watching him scratch and say dud i told him to put the other in my purse and i would scratch it later cause he is obviously bad luck. so we ended up having an hour long nit picky typed disagreement in the car about his bad luck and of course im mentally unbalanced according to him which i said is also his fault. just so we could pull in the driveway and i could scratch the big one and tell him "see i told you so" and skip off to the house with a big smile while he just sat there staring at the ticket all disbelievingly. <priceless>

aside from that i checked my back porch and i have green pepper and jalapeno sprouts coming up.yay!!!

all in all i think things went pretty smooth, happy to be back home.

hope everyone else had a good weekend. so happy the weather is finally beginning to resemble the season.

im home till Wednesday and hubby still has another whole week off so hopefully we can take advantage of the good weather and get some things done.

tho i wish i could sleep i just cant seem to drift off but being up at this hour does have its points too... everyone else is out cold, hubby on the couch and all the fur balls are in their normal roost spots.... hard not to look around and be thankful for what i have even through all the bickerment. thankful for another day in my tin box paradise lol.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88389 Apr 9, 2013
betty wrote:
got home a little past supper time after a very sticky five hour drive (note to self: a/c needs charged again, even a seventy degree day like today can be a bummer when you sprinkle some humidity on it) came home to a few pleasant and some not so pleasant surprises.
shall start with the unpleasant things first.
the day we left i had to work so hubby drove there and we left my car at work and continued on. that meant hubby was in charge of the final walk thru and light checking thingy. left a quarter inch of milk in a glass on the counter, and threw in the kitchen trash a couple hard boiled eggs we had left over from the Easter egg hunt, which he did not take out before he left.
my neighbor accidentally left his key on my coffee table three days ago, so he could no longer come check on the meows. one of them turned the bath tub into the extra litter box and another used an open card board box with my tax returns from the past five years in it.(@ ogala i know you have some meows so you can back me up when i say you can usually determine the culprit by size, color, and consistency.) it could have been worse, thank God we took the dogs with. we always put loads of food down and extra water so aside from the messes no harm no foul.
my tin box smells like drunken burp.
I left my debit card at a gas station in Columbia on the way home but luckily the clerk saw it on the counter before anyone else did and looked me up on Facebook so i got a inbox telling me they think i was just in Columbia and wanting to know if this was the right (my name). thank you God for my unique name with no middle because i was the fifth child and i guess they just ran out of options.
<spell check also makes you capitalize fb but not God...really?>
well on to the pleasantries....
at the gas station i left my card at i used my last ten dollars of paper money to purchase five scratch offs, four duds and one fifty dollar winner. best part is i was driving and hubby was scratching and after the fourth time of watching him scratch and say dud i told him to put the other in my purse and i would scratch it later cause he is obviously bad luck. so we ended up having an hour long nit picky typed disagreement in the car about his bad luck and of course im mentally unbalanced according to him which i said is also his fault. just so we could pull in the driveway and i could scratch the big one and tell him "see i told you so" and skip off to the house with a big smile while he just sat there staring at the ticket all disbelievingly. <priceless>
aside from that i checked my back porch and i have green pepper and jalapeno sprouts coming up.yay!!!
all in all i think things went pretty smooth, happy to be back home.
hope everyone else had a good weekend. so happy the weather is finally beginning to resemble the season.
im home till Wednesday and hubby still has another whole week off so hopefully we can take advantage of the good weather and get some things done.
tho i wish i could sleep i just cant seem to drift off but being up at this hour does have its points too... everyone else is out cold, hubby on the couch and all the fur balls are in their normal roost spots.... hard not to look around and be thankful for what i have even through all the bickerment. thankful for another day in my tin box paradise lol.
Good morning, Betty Happy for your good news. Hubby and I have such minor disagreements, and I usually am right. Men, except for AW, are such temperamental people.
Yes, I know about cats. I clean the clumps out of our litter box at least a dozen times a day. Cats will not use a dirty litterbox, especially the females, and will find an alternate "toilet" in which to relieve themselves. That's why I'M tied to the litter box and can't venture too far.
Couldn't sleep as well last night. Finally fell asleep at 3 in the morning, and awoke promptly at 6 as usual. Much on my mind these days, but that's life I guess. Lala

Location hidden

#88390 Apr 9, 2013
Imposter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6AMdcgpUTVYXX
You must be in a mellow mood. May you find much love and many kisses in the moonlight. XXX Lala Now, don't go and get soft on us. We need your edginess to balance the thread. But thanks for the video.

Location hidden

#88391 Apr 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Dang, Instead of getting canned, Imposter is getting hearts for his pleasantry and I am sure it is much less frustrating for him. Will wonders never cease ? Good Job!!! That absolutely made my morning and since dog is back, we can go rest easy.
Been up half the night, and as soon as our little guy goes off to school, I'm in bed with Stein for a nap. Stein sends his regards to Dog.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88392 Apr 9, 2013
Good morning to all. It was a great night with the Cards winning the game last night. And, now it's off to work.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88393 Apr 9, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. Hope you all have been enjoying the fantastic weather. Of course it will turn around this week, down to 50 degrees and storms. So they say. I know they have chemsprayed every single day so far. Would like to enjoy the BLUE clear sky just once while Spring has made it's appearance.

I am happy to see Imposter has been able to stay posted. HI IMPOSTER. Have a great day! Loved your post.

betty, that story cracked me up. Plus, I could identify with it. I once left a purse in a restaurant we stopped to have breakfast with and didn't realize it for another 100 miles. It had a complete work check cashed in it and when we called a waitress had put it in the office safe and we turned around and drove all the way back for it. It was awful since we were so close to home, but I was so grateful someone honest found it. I know about those cats too. lol

AW, sounds like you have gotten much accomplished during the warm days. Please don't overdo it.

lala, hope you got some sleep.

Nope, glad to see you back. I was worried about you. I would love to see your big bird. My best friend has 3. Two big exotic birds and the sweetest little cockatiel who whistles tunes. He is entertaining.

Everyone else, hope you are enjoying the birds too. I love watching mine. Especially the cardinals.

Oh speaking of cardinals, I guess Ricky will be able to take his UK Championship ring off now that he has twisted for years on the bench. That's 3 for UL, they need 5 more to catch UK. lol

I hope you all get out and enjoy the weather. I am off at noon to do just that.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88394 Apr 9, 2013
32 contagious photos of animals and people experiencing pure bliss

Life is stressful, but every once in a while you experience one of those moments. You know the ones — when the stars align and everything is right with the world. When a cat finds that perfect spot of sunlight for an afternoon nap, or a kid discovers that her parents bought her the world's most AMAAAAAZING kitchen set. Or maybe when you’re on vacation somewhere so beautiful that it doesn't even seem real. The images above capture people and animals in those moments of pure bliss. Click through them all, then spread the bliss around by sharing this gallery.

http://now.msn.com/pure-bliss-photos-of-happy...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88395 Apr 9, 2013
'Devastating' earthquake strikes near Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant

A magnitude-6.3 earthquake struck about 60 miles southeast of the Iranian coastal city of Bushehr, where the country's only nuclear power station is located, the U.S. Geological Survey reported Tuesday.

Initial reports suggested the nuclear plant has not been affected, but the southern province where the quake struck is vast and remote and details were not immediately clear.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/09...

Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and Wyoming had small earthquakes today. Highest was Alaska 3.8 mag and Wyoming 3.1 mag. Eastern part of the country is clear. Except for rain heading our way.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88396 Apr 9, 2013
For Una, he would get a kick out of this:

Man sues priests for failing to rid his house of flatulent demons

Romanian attorney Madalin Ciculescu claimed that "flatulent demons" roamed around his home, turning his TV on and off and stinking up the place. One was even haunting his mother's hair dryer, and "a black shadow came out of it when anyone tried to use it," he said. Ciculescu hired four Orthodox priests to perform an exorcism, but the reign of odor continued after they finished.

So he's suing them for failure to exorcise. The priests argue that they did their job and that "allegations of further demons and more bad smells were simply a product of the man's imagination." Even worse for Ciculescu, the court agreed with the church — his plea was rejected, and he's been ordered to pay court costs.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/madalin-ciculescu-romanian...

hahaha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88397 Apr 9, 2013
For lala, betty, I love this. Animals with mirrors are hilarious.

Watch this cat practice its weird poses in the bathroom mirror
3 hrs ago
Every pet owner knows that animals do some pretty odd things when confronted with those shiny instruments of witchcraft that humans call "mirrors." A cat named Sox seems particularly enchanted by the mirror in her owner's bathroom. First she engages in an intense staring contest with her reflection. But her behavior becomes even weirder at the 0:35 mark, when Sox starts posing in the mirror. Is it some kind of feline tai chi? A new dance routine? Or is she just baffled at how that other cat is able to perfectly copy her every move?
http://now.msn.com/sox-cat-poses-in-front-of-...

Sorry I missed everyone. Out to enjoy the day. Have a good one everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min Robert 1,989
Colonels losing athletics to Hoptown 4 min new 170
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Le Jimbo 151,425
Leroy 1 hr Yep 3
Carter Hendricks Resigned From KNE 2 hr Reporter 10
Walmart coming to Country Club Lane 2 hr Lockthedoor 84
Walter Shamble and Joey Pendelton 2 hr Reporter 25
•••
•••
•••

Hopkinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••