Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,115)

Showing posts 62,281 - 62,300 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

I like the Delta Blues music .. John Lee Hooker, Lead Belly, and Muddy Waters just to name a few.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I like the Delta Blues music .. John Lee Hooker, Lead Belly, and Muddy Waters just to name a few.
I can appreciate them. When I was a small barefooted towheaded child I was trying to copy the guitar stylings of Doc Watson. Did fair,, at best lol. Now it's Leo Kottke.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Cinnamon Girl wrote:
Pass the coffee Hempburn, it's a little chilly this morning.
AB, Google the "Blue Fugates Kentucky", the article explains the strange genetic blue hue to their skin. I'd always heard of the blue people, and dang if they aren't real!
I'm leaving my hummingbird feeder out 'til probably the end of September, my birds are still feeding, and I want to make sure any "stragglers" fuel up for their long journey. Cardinals & Jays are eating my dog's food, maybe that's a hint that their feeder is empty? Dang demanding birds, lol.
Everybody enjoy the day, looks like blue skies and sunshine.
It was chilly this morning,, I've already stopped feeding them, hopefully not too soon. I will start again when the migrations are over for the non migrations birds and feed them thru the winter.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Yea, I know.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I can appreciate them. When I was a small barefooted towheaded child I was trying to copy the guitar stylings of Doc Watson. Did fair,, at best lol. Now it's Leo Kottke.
Doc Watson is good too. He did a few with Chet Adkins that I really like. I have seen him a few times on PBS with his son Merle.
Steakmane

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

I have no opposable thumbs, yet I oppose everything.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
That's great to know Scruff.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Steakmane wrote:
I have no opposable thumbs, yet I oppose everything.
So, you're not a primate, or a human, and you have an attitude.

I gotta study this one.
trick u

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

its nothing that hasn't happens before just keep living ur lives ;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Poor pitiful schmucks who's lives are so meaningless that they are forced to sit and wait for Hempburn, Kevin, Sybil, Abeliever,the Wolf, and others to post something so they will have some material to try to find something to post.

I wonder if they play internet games while they are waiting? or do they just sit and scratch and wait like chickens waiting for me to throw down some corn.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Poor pitiful schmucks who's lives are so meaningless that they are forced to sit and wait for Hempburn, Kevin, Sybil, Abeliever,the Wolf, and others to post something so they will have some material to try to find something to post.
I wonder if they play internet games while they are waiting? or do they just sit and scratch and wait like chickens waiting for me to throw down some corn.
The latter, of course.

However, imposter has mellowed out a bit.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Oops. Just read 70450..

Maybe not....
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
So true Ancient Wolf. Every posts they have shows it. Did you see the one on Nightly News featuring unapig and unagoat jr? Too funny.

http://now.msn.com/pig-rescues-goat-trapped-i...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

For Ancient Wolf..great pictures.

Amazing photos from couple who spent 6 years with a pack of wolves
3 hrs ago
Wolves get a bad rap in folklore, but Jim and Jamie Dutcher spent six years (1990-1996) living among them to prove wolves aren’t big bad guys. Living without electricity, running water, radio or phones, based on a yurt near Idaho’s Sawtooth wilderness (which sees 5-6 feet of snow in winter), the couple socialized with a pack from the time they were pups, getting an unprecedented look at the pack’s day-to-day life.“We formed a deep relationship … it was the kind of unshakable trust that wolves usually share only with their own pack, a bond that would last a lifetime.” The Dutchers also emphasize that wolves are “the mother of all dogs” and we should extend the same protectiveness we feel for dogs to wolves. These photos certainly have us convinced![Source]

http://now.msn.com/jim-and-jamie-dutcher-live...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

**Yawn** Another boring one, huh??
Methemoglobinemi a

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Methemoglobinemia is a genetic condition but those people aren't inbreed. This is in a recessive gene and not all of them get it and it is even treatable with oxygen therapy. As well they married into a family nearby that were also carriers
is not always a genetic condition, as it is in the blue Fugates of KY. It can also be acquired through ingestion of various drugs or exposure to environmental toxins as in carbon monoxide poisoning for instance. Who knows, maybe some of them may actually have the acquired form instead of the genetic condition.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Unafarter is such an ignorant fool to think that because someone else lives a different schedule, they leave Topix because of his stupid remarks.
true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Good morn... So someone else is rising here this morn. Lets hope the morn washes away all the bad from the night before.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Morning peeps, TGIF ! Don't know about you guys but this week has drug by slower than a troll coming back from an empty mailbox.

Looks like some editing has been done early this morning, several post already deleted, since I do not read children's books or filth I'm sure the deleted items will not be missed.

I have noticed an increase in Crans about the lake this past week. I will have to look them up to see if they migrate, dunno.

Ok off to do the morning workout and sweat like a troll on his last foodstamp. Have a good day,,,,,,,,,, Trolls not so much.
Help Us All

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Its a sign!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 62,281 - 62,300 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Hopkinsville Forum right now

Search the Hopkinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr just 144,926
Lewis Leavell's New Job? 2 hr Paid 9
Keith Hopson 2 hr Jamie mckibb 4
Review: Bluegrass MD 3 hr woohoo 15
nures died from OD he was stealing from JSMC 3 hr TD 9
hpd 350 4 hr Dumbazz 3
Madisonville Falls to 19th (Dec '10) 4 hr Holy Mole 7
•••
•••