just wondering if Dana AKA metalsa is a good place to work
for real

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 Feb 19, 2012
I liked it when I was there and ain't heard nothin bad bout it since
KYLASERMAN

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2012
What is the starting wage for Metalsa jobs?
Gomez

Paducah, KY

#4 Jun 23, 2012
About 5 bucks an hour less than it was when it was DANA before the union.
chris

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Jun 26, 2012
12.55 in the door for second shift
Gomez

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jun 30, 2012
It was 17.34 without shift premium back in 2004.
yes i said it

United States

#7 Jul 30, 2012
I know that there is a guy named Tony "bones" that works there and he smokes pot n pops tabs. Funny they drug test but he works there.
Roger Dorn

Windsor, WI

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Is the starting pay 12 55 for experienced welders. 5 yrwelder Johnson Controls
Factory

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 9, 2013
If Metalsa wants you as a welder they will send you to school to learn how. So Im sure your experience would not hurt you at all.

The pay used to be higher when It was Dana. That all changed when the company shifted hands and the union had to give up a little pay. Their wages are still among the best around here for factory.

They do however work an odd shift set up. My buddy works out there and I think he goes In at 230-3 and gets off at 1 with an unpaid lunch. But, he still gets an hour of overtime every night. Not sure how accurate that Is.
SHAFT

Lexington, NC

#10 Jan 9, 2013
Factory wrote:
If Metalsa wants you as a welder they will send you to school to learn how. So Im sure your experience would not hurt you at all.
The pay used to be higher when It was Dana. That all changed when the company shifted hands and the union had to give up a little pay. Their wages are still among the best around here for factory.
They do however work an odd shift set up. My buddy works out there and I think he goes In at 230-3 and gets off at 1 with an unpaid lunch. But, he still gets an hour of overtime every night. Not sure how accurate that Is.
Thats correct.
skillspaymybills

Kuttawa, KY

#11 Jan 16, 2013
used to work there was a great place to work. Pay is good for the work that is expected of you. At the time it was in the $17+ an hour has went down since the union has come. It will work you and there was some OT when I was there fairly often.

Don't know about now however they did have a two week set of training sessions prior to employment. The people were generally great and worked hard.
Thinking about it

United States

#12 Mar 4, 2013
What is the pay for a tool and die machinist and is the job worth it how is the working enviroment
lonley guy

Russellville, KY

#13 Mar 4, 2013
I worked there about 6 months ago. The pay was 12.55 and I waz working around 70-75 hrs a week. If you Dont want to have a life then it is the place for you. But if you Dont want to work 7 day a week then Dont go there. I think it is a shitty place to work. Plus it is owned by Mexicans
for real

Duluth, GA

#14 Mar 5, 2013
I work at Metalsa & it's just like any other factory. All & all it is a good place to work.
Factory

Owensboro, KY

#15 Mar 5, 2013
Im hoping they hire soon. Im planning on putting In an app. Some people don't know how good a factory can be. Yeah there Is overtime. Yeah Its repetitive. But, try working a job with no guaranteed raise, no health insurance, no chance at overtime ever, and still doing the same old crap. Only the same old crap consist of crawling under houses or In attics In the heat of summer and cold of winter.
chris

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Mar 5, 2013
Factory wrote:
Not true whatsoever. You take a small test at thier plant and thats it. My ex was a female welder who had never seen a welder hired and was paid 12.55 to weld 2nd shift
chris

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Mar 5, 2013
Factory wrote:
Im hoping they hire soon. Im planning on putting In an app. Some people don't know how good a factory can be. Yeah there Is overtime. Yeah Its repetitive. But, try working a job with no guaranteed raise, no health insurance, no chance at overtime ever, and still doing the same old crap. Only the same old crap consist of crawling under houses or In attics In the heat of summer and cold of winter.
If johnna shelton dosent call you trust me youll never get hired.
chris

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Mar 5, 2013
Roger Dorn wrote:
Is the starting pay 12 55 for experienced welders. 5 yrwelder Johnson Controls
Dosent matter 12.55 is 2nd shift pay rate entry level. No matter experience level
Big Player

Hopkinsville, KY

#19 Mar 6, 2013
I rather hustle and save my money, and start my own business forget working at a factory making some other sucker rich. If you feel like you have to work at a factory use it to save your bread and start your shizze. People need to get out of that mentality that you need to slave your self to death for 70 hrs a week with no life in order to make it.
Thinking about it

United States

#20 Mar 7, 2013
How is the pre employment test is it hard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zlatko Skuljan. 39 min Brennon 2
Billy Cook (Aug '14) 3 hr Billy 10
christen rich, jillian wakefield 3 hr Ice cube melts 2
Hannah Phillips 4 hr bigwang 25
where are the mudsharks 4 hr sister page 1
Brittany ezell 6 hr Insider 22
Tigers or Colonels? 6 hr Colonel 14
More from around the web

Hopkinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE