wish

Tucker, GA

#1 Mar 18, 2013
none of this would have happened if they would put the money they need to in the shelter instead putting so much money into all the little trashy areas in Hopkinsville for people who don't even take of them.
wish

Tucker, GA

#2 Mar 18, 2013
take care of them
duh

Middlesboro, KY

#3 Mar 18, 2013
The money comes from entirely different places. It would be nice to have money for everything but we just don't.
wish

Tucker, GA

#4 Mar 18, 2013
I just wish the community would come togather an do more for these sweet babies I know how hard all the workers work at the shelter but they just need more income
I Donate

Oak Grove, KY

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Everybody can help. Drop off old bedsheets, blankets, a cheap gallon of bleach, or a 10.00 bag of kibble or cat food. It won't hurt your checkbook. If everyone spays or neuters your pet,(if you do not intend to breed) they wouldn't need a lot of government funds. It's also a tax deduction if you donate. A lot of people that can't have an animal because of work hours, or rent, you can sponsor a pet. Did you know that? It would cost less than 20.00 a month. Have a heart, these babies need love and food too.
furbabies

Madisonville, KY

#6 Mar 18, 2013
I hope all these animals gets good homes it is so sad I don't know how these people work there if that was me I could not do it these animals are sad I pray they find good loving homes and also for the pet population to go down I could never take a dog to the pound I get really attached
bless
#7 Mar 19, 2013
it takes a really strong and generous loving person to be able to work at the dog pound. They are understaffed, underpaid, and overwhelmed. I know some amazing ladies who work there
good mother

Madisonville, KY

#8 Mar 19, 2013
Why can't these poor animals go to the old convention center for a while?until the shelter is up and running.
reason

United States

#9 Mar 19, 2013
good mother wrote:
Why can't these poor animals go to the old convention center for a while?until the shelter is up and running.
The people who work there cant move the animals to a different location without getting approval to do so from their bosses who are the county magistrates and judge executive, so even if the employees agree that it would be in the best interest of the animals to stay else where temporarily, they are only able to do what their superiors will allow them to do. They are the ones that you would have to talk with to get that to happen. Otherwise they have to sit in the smoked filled shelter

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#10 Mar 19, 2013
Are they still charging the adoption fees or are they just asking ppl who can to take the animals? I would love to have one or two, I just can't afford all the fees. I understand why the fees are important it's just a lot of cost upfront with vet bills & food & supplies. Does anyone know ?
love

United States

#11 Mar 19, 2013
Fun22 wrote:
Are they still charging the adoption fees or are they just asking ppl who can to take the animals? I would love to have one or two, I just can't afford all the fees. I understand why the fees are important it's just a lot of cost upfront with vet bills & food & supplies. Does anyone know ?
if you can't afford a fee then more than likely you can't afford to care for an animal
danny

Madisonville, KY

#12 Mar 19, 2013
I'm not sure if you have to pay or not it don't hurt to swing by tomorrow and try to help a helpless animals out
I Donate

Oak Grove, KY

#13 Mar 19, 2013
love wrote:
<quoted text>if you can't afford a fee then more than likely you can't afford to care for an animal
The fee is cheaper than getting a free dog then paying for the first year vaccines and spay or neuter. Seriously, check into it. I have got one from a shelter and had to vaccinate the ones i got at birth.
Mr X

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 Mar 19, 2013
I don't always think a lot of this community but there are a lot of folks doing the right thing in accordance with this fire and the subsequent displacement of the animals. Big kudos to everyone who's keeping an animal in foster care or otherwise helping out.
danny

Tucker, GA

#15 Mar 21, 2013
There are still some animals left at the shelter!! Lets get all these animals a home ASAP
community

Madisonville, KY

#16 Mar 23, 2013
I want to say thanks to the community for allowing all the precious pets in your home. I heard they all found homes today GOOD WORK EVERYONE! I hope they bring lots of love and joy to your family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kerry Stoval returning home 1 hr You have no clue 15
Erica Outland/ Compton 1 hr Hooter boy 6
You might be in hoptown if? 1 hr Tax payer 137
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr Fish 829
Amber Joiner 5 hr Steve 1
Hannah Wilkins 17 hr Tom 2
Chris Hamby ejected 17 hr bigblue 14
Harton Place 21 hr Piss head 8
project graduation Sun if you only knew 6

Hopkinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages