created by: Mindset | Sep 27, 2012

Hopkinsville, KY

116 votes

Is spanking a child with a wooden spoon abuse?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes....YES!
  • No, god says its ok.
  • Hell no go for it!
  • It depends
Comments
1 - 20 of 64 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
get tough

Sarasota, FL

#1 Sep 27, 2012
I don't know about a wooden spoon but I do believe kids these days need an old fashion whooping. I'm sick of the law trying to jump in if your correcting your child but boy o boy let your child do wrong in front of the law their ready to put your butt in jail for not correcting them.
good mom

Madisonville, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2012
Yes that is abuse!! If you don't want kids don't have them. A simple time out works wounders!
ky

United States

#3 Sep 27, 2012
Hitting your child with anything other than your hand is considered abuse. Even with your hand if it leaves a mark it is abuse.
question please

United States

#4 Sep 27, 2012
Oh please! That's why kids get away with murder. And no its not abuse to whoop a kid. I didn't say beat them. Ppl that stop whooping their children and taking God out of everything is why u see the cops inside the schools everyday and the reason why the jails are full of 14, 15, year olds.
good mom

Madisonville, KY

#5 Sep 27, 2012
And children that get beat with a wooden spoon gets took away from people like you. No need to beat a child. Do you people not read the newspaper? Children get took away even if you spank them with your hand now in these days
PARENTS

Cadiz, KY

#6 Sep 27, 2012
Time out is a joke. I raised 3 kids and 2 are grown and 1 still home. My time out was the time it takes you to get over that old fashion beat down I just gave you. My kids have not been in any trouble at all. Thank God. Look at our kids now. Parents wont correct their child in public. Ask any of mine act up and I show out on them the same way they forgot their home training. I see for myself what our local cops do to kids. They man handle them and get away with it. Taz them and you want to talk abuse. Lets talk....
my gawd

Madisonville, KY

#7 Sep 27, 2012
question please wrote:
Oh please! That's why kids get away with murder. And no its not abuse to whoop a kid. I didn't say beat them. Ppl that stop whooping their children and taking God out of everything is why u see the cops inside the schools everyday and the reason why the jails are full of 14, 15, year olds.
HELL YEAH! My gawd gives me written permisson to beat my child -spare the rod!- If gawd says it, its right! If gawd does it its ALWAYS moral! Praise jeebus. The bybull is perfect y'all!!!!!

Almost all "theotards" will quote the good ole bybull when talking about beating their kids. Idiots guide to child reering......the BYBULL.

BTW- its really a lack of education and skills that leads a parent to spank/beat/hit children. Paying attention and being a part of a childs daily life is what keeps them out of jail. And also being a good example for them.
tiger

Madisonville, KY

#8 Sep 27, 2012
Abusive parents! Someone should call dcs on your butts spanking is wrong! All kids need is love and a good role model. Kids Learn what they see so if you abuse your child then that means that child will grow up abusing his child and it goes on and on and on
PARENTS

Cadiz, KY

#9 Sep 27, 2012
Tiger have you been un our schools lately. Bulling is causing kids to kill theirself. Bulling teachers to the point the want to quit. Im not saying beat the kids im saying a mothers love is caring and correcting your child out of love not anger.

Since: Jul 12

Somerset, KY

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Obviously there has to be some form of correction, so I'm not against a little swat on the butt or hand to get a child to listen, but spanking in general is an overused discipline tool that has proven psychiatric consequences. Kids that are spanked are more likely to end up in prison, truth hurts.
Man up

Hopkinsville, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2012
my gawd wrote:
<quoted text>
HELL YEAH! My gawd gives me written permisson to beat my child -spare the rod!- If gawd says it, its right! If gawd does it its ALWAYS moral! Praise jeebus. The bybull is perfect y'all!!!!!
Almost all "theotards" will quote the good ole bybull when talking about beating their kids. Idiots guide to child reering......the BYBULL.
BTW- its really a lack of education and skills that leads a parent to spank/beat/hit children. Paying attention and being a part of a childs daily life is what keeps them out of jail. And also being a good example for them.
I hope you learn to spell Jesus before judgement day. Seven times hotter than fire is pretty hot.
Man up

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2012
Super Nucking Futs wrote:
Obviously there has to be some form of correction, so I'm not against a little swat on the butt or hand to get a child to listen, but spanking in general is an overused discipline tool that has proven psychiatric consequences. Kids that are spanked are more likely to end up in prison, truth hurts.
I don't know where you got your stats but I don't believe that. Nobody in prison tells the truth. Their all innocent.
question please

United States

#13 Sep 28, 2012
my gawd wrote:
<quoted text>HELL YEAH! My gawd gives me written permisson to beat my child -spare the rod!- If gawd says it, its right! If gawd does it its ALWAYS moral! Praise jeebus. The bybull is perfect y'all!!!!!

your full of crap! Go get a spelling lesson and grow up some then come back and maybe we can talk. Idiots like u are the reason why our Kids today are into trouble.
tiger

Madisonville, KY

#14 Sep 28, 2012
PARENTS wrote:
Tiger have you been un our schools lately. Bulling is causing kids to kill theirself. Bulling teachers to the point the want to quit. Im not saying beat the kids im saying a mothers love is caring and correcting your child out of love not anger.
yes I have been in to schools lately.and I can tell you since you want to bring bullying in this then lets talk about this. Why do children get bullied? Because other kids are mad that one child has something the other children don't it's not about how you raise your child it's about what your child has or does not have. So if that is your problem then maybe you should be a parent and start caring for your child a little better so they are not bullied take a little extra money out of your check every month or week and buy your child something he or she would like and not care for your wants and needs first. I bet the bullying would stop then. Cause that's the only reason kids get bullied in school cause parents these days care more about their selves then they do their kids and their kids has to do with out so blame that on not spanking a child cause that is not how bullying starts
who

United States

#15 Sep 28, 2012
There is nothing wrong with spanking a child. Beating a child is a different story. But a good ass whipping is not going to make a child end up in prison.

I think that parents today that have children that dont mind and are "off the chain" find it easier to take them to the doctor and get them a big dose of ADHD Medicine. My father had the orginal ADHD Medicine, and when he wasnt giving me a dose it was used to hold his pants up.

He taught me respect, honor, disipline, and love through this method, and I still believe that it works today if you follow certain guidelines when spanking a child. Such as not spanking while you are still angry.
maybe

United States

#16 Sep 28, 2012
tiger wrote:
<quoted text>yes I have been in to schools lately.and I can tell you since you want to bring bullying in this then lets talk about this. Why do children get bullied? Because other kids are mad that one child has something the other children don't it's not about how you raise your child it's about what your child has or does not have. So if that is your problem then maybe you should be a parent and start caring for your child a little better so they are not bullied take a little extra money out of your check every month or week and buy your child something he or she would like and not care for your wants and needs first. I bet the bullying would stop then. Cause that's the only reason kids get bullied in school cause parents these days care more about their selves then they do their kids and their kids has to do with out so blame that on not spanking a child cause that is not how bullying starts
no if your child is bulling ppl then u didn't raise them right! U are going to set there and say that because a child doesnt get a toy all the time that child is a bully? No most children that don't get everything they want are good ppl cuz they learn to appreciate the things they get. Kids that get everything that they want all the time r brats. Not getting on ur child is abuse cuz they don't know right from wrong. And once again I will say u don't beat a child but u correct a child and yes u can whoop a child with out being abusive.
TootThatHorn

Waverly, KY

#17 Sep 28, 2012
No most bullying originates from the parents. Parents are supposed to be role models for their children. They see their parents bullying other adults and see this as ok to do so. Values and morals have been thrown out the window and that is why we are now seeing more problems in or society.
Really

United States

#18 Sep 28, 2012
good mom wrote:
And children that get beat with a wooden spoon gets took away from people like you. No need to beat a child. Do you people not read the newspaper? Children get took away even if you spank them with your hand now in these days
Your ignorant!!
Really

United States

#19 Sep 28, 2012
Super Nucking Futs wrote:
I have 5 brothers and sisters, we ALL got spanked during our childhood! None of us are in prison! Actually we all live normal good lives!
Really

United States

#20 Sep 28, 2012
Abuse and corporal punishment are two different things people look them up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Limbertwig 151,299
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Me 1,591
Why do blacks constantly complain? 3 hr xrwin4lifex 37
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,601
Carter Knows Something On Pendleton 4 hr Zeus 8
Brian Ellis Snitch? 7 hr watch your back 3
Metalsa aka "DANA" heard everyone cheats on the... 7 hr musta been lust 13
•••
•••
•••

Hopkinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000