The end of school of choice

Posted in the Hopkinsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ttt

Owensboro, KY

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Why do you think this happened? This will surely put a end to County's dominance of Hoptown in football in a few years.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Since: Apr 12

Here

#2 Nov 18, 2012
Probably because it cost the system too much? I doubt local rivalries had anything to do with it. Most people seemed to use it in the Elementary level to keep their children away from other kids with dark skin instead of at the High School level where both schools have their own share of problems.
wwjd

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2012
Some ppl move to a certain area in Christian co so their kids can go to a certain school but the board of education moves kids around so there are a mixture of students. So then the parents have to do school of choice. Black and white parents do this.
ttt

Owensboro, KY

#4 Nov 18, 2012
the real anonymouse wrote:
Probably because it cost the system too much? I doubt local rivalries had anything to do with it. Most people seemed to use it in the Elementary level to keep their children away from other kids with dark skin instead of at the High School level where both schools have their own share of problems.
How could it cost the school system more? The kids that use it don't ride the bus.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#5 Nov 18, 2012
It costs the schools that have lower attendance numbers, which reduces the funding and budgets of those schools, which spirals into the schools getting worse due to lack of funding. This means we are spending money in the wrong place, which leads to waste instead of improvement.
You may not agree with me, but my guess holds more logic than the Board doing away with it than being concerned with High School athletics as the OP thinks it is.
here and now

Duluth, GA

#6 Nov 18, 2012
School of choice is used by people with babysitting issues also
ttt

Owensboro, KY

#7 Nov 18, 2012
It costs the schools that have lower attendance numbers, which reduces the funding and budgets of those schools, which spirals into the schools getting worse due to lack of funding. This means we are spending money in the wrong place, which leads to waste instead of improvement.
You may not agree with me, but my guess holds more logic than the Board doing away with it than being concerned with High School athletics as the OP thinks it is.
Wow where in my first post did I ever say it had anything to do with athletics?No wonder everybody hates you.

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#8 Nov 18, 2012
ttt wrote:
This will surely put a end to County's dominance of Hoptown in football in a few years.
So you are now claiming you didn't type this out?
ttt

Owensboro, KY

#9 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>So you are now claiming you didn't type this out?
Can you not read what it says?
ttt

Owensboro, KY

#10 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>So you are now claiming you didn't type this out?
I stated that this will surely end county's dominance of Hoptown in football. Now where did I say that is why they did it?

Since: Feb 12

Duluth, GA

#11 Nov 18, 2012
Umm there is still school of choice. I have two kids in elementary grades that do school of choice currently.
ttt

United States

#12 Nov 18, 2012
sexynsassy wrote:
Umm there is still school of choice. I have two kids in elementary grades that do school of choice currently.
No more after this year
Monkeybutt

United States

#13 Nov 18, 2012
You really are a racist aren't you? But yet you down talk other people. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!! I knew it!

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#14 Nov 18, 2012
It always gets me how when I mention how other people act racist(like using school of choice to try to keep their kids in schools with less minorities) that is considered to be racist. Sounds like the sort of logic racists would have. It seems pretty obvious that "monkeybutt" is just ttt under yet another silly name. So just because you feel I read more into your post than you say you mean then you need to make my posts to be something evil and vile when they obviously are not. Say what you mean and you would not have these problems.
CHURCH

Cadiz, KY

#15 Nov 18, 2012
School of choice will affect teachers, bus drivers ect. because we can no longer have our kids in the school we work.
sugar baby

United States

#16 Nov 18, 2012
It always gets me how when I mention how other people act racist(like using school of choice to try to keep their kids in schools with less minorities) that is considered to be racist. Sounds like the sort of logic racists would have. It seems pretty obvious that "monkeybutt" is just ttt under yet another silly name. So just because you feel I read more into your post than you say you mean then you need to make my posts to be something evil and vile when they obviously are not. Say what you mean and you would not have these problems.
do you know what monkeybutt is? It's a powder for rashes and a few other things. Lol so monkeybutt is a butt powder. Heehee

“Dewey Beats Truman!”

Here

#17 Nov 18, 2012
CHURCH wrote:
School of choice will affect teachers, bus drivers ect. because we can no longer have our kids in the school we work.
I was under the impression that it was already allowed before school of choice was enacted. If so why should that change?
Crazy

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Nov 18, 2012
It will not affect the teachers. Their children will still have school of choice. It is a perk for being a teacher.They should have that at least since they are underpaid and have to put up with a bunch of crap.
ttt

United States

#19 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>I was under the impression that it was already allowed before school of choice was enacted. If so why should that change?
I see you are not man enough to admit you were wrong.
Monkeybutt

United States

#20 Nov 19, 2012
Who the hell is ttt? Whatever your an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pay for play at Christian County (football)??? 1 min Ouch 9
Bus routes 1 min HS Truman 5
Does anyone know (Oct '10) 1 min friend 7
Shane Adamov 1 hr Girlfromhisclass 1
Capt Howard jail 1 hr Yuck 4
anybody know who 3 hr Your mama 2
females 16 hr Forget little boys 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkinsville Mortgages