Why don't we just make smoking illegal?

Mar 30, 2007 Full story: Minnesota Sun Newspapers 1,035

The Legislature is likely to decide this session whether or not to ban smoking from all Minnesota restaurants and bars. via Minnesota Sun Newspapers

Full Story
First Prev
of 52
Next Last
Im a boss bitch

Jersey City, NJ

#1095 Dec 4, 2011
smoking should defintely be made illeal ,
election

United States

#1097 Dec 5, 2011
exactly, the govt tells us how to live our lives - and per the govt smoking and drinking kill millions every yr ( make it all illegal )! Oh but that would never happen, govt taxes these two industries and depends on the taxes / millions and millions every day from such bad things. What a joke govt tells us how bad it is but will never touch the golden egg of taxes - make it illegal to smoke while driving SUI - that will generate millions also we can get these bad habits out of our society with govt direction -
Ashley OHara wrote:
I think smoking should be illegal because it is killing any one who smokes cigarettes, cigars, or does anything with tobacco, is also killing people around those people. it is not fair to the people who dont smoke that they could still be killed from secondhand smoking...(worse than smoking)i am only 11 and i am already possibly being killed from my parents smoking!

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1098 Dec 5, 2011
The bottom line is that the choice is always ours as to how we are going to die and when. We can choose to die sooner than latter. But God would have us choose life here and eternal life in perfect health and wisdom to maintain that health. We need to wise up! I speak from experience. I saw my mother die a miserable death from a life of smoking to which I myself was headed. The scales of blindness were eventually shed from my eyes like that of Paul's and today I am trully free from bondage. Seek God while He may be found!

Bibleuniverse
Yep

Saint Cloud, MN

#1099 Dec 12, 2011
People should quit smoking cigarettes and smoke weed out of a vaporizer instead.
twood

Liberty, SC

#1102 Mar 19, 2012
those of you who think you should be allowed to smoke in public places, why? i mean there is nothing wrong with smoking a cigarette in the privacy of your home or car or something but just cause you wanna have a smoke and relieve some stress thats cool but dont make others have to deal with it.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#1103 Mar 19, 2012
twood wrote:
there is nothing wrong with smoking a cigarette
Sure there is.
twood

United States

#1104 Mar 19, 2012
for yall smokers i can understand you wantin to smoke to like take some stress off but dont do it in public, i mean that just aint right makin others suffer like an athsmatic or something cause u got an addiction. smoking auta be outlawed in publuc places and for a good reason too.
LET

Tunbridge Wells, UK

#1105 Mar 23, 2013
There are alot other things in this world that are worse then smoking that kill a person.I think it should be everyones own choice to smoke....
Smokers just don't get it, do they. Non smokers really dont care if your want to cut your life sort by 5-10 years, spend about the cost of a house on smoking, just as long as you dont affect anybody else in ANY way. but you do. You think you have a right to smoke which for some reason think you have the right to make me smoke (yes passive smoking i'm talking about) I've suffered stinking (yes you stink) choking, Rubbish everyhere (smokers seem to think that butts aren't rubbish (they will even use your flower pots if they are to embarrested to throw them on your carpets. and for what - you smoke not because you enjoy it. You smoke becase your are addics, becasue you hate the feeling of NOT smoking , you smoke to make yourself feel Normal becase you feel like crap when your not smoking. Just give the blooding things up - they have NOTHING good going for them despite all your delutional excuses.
LET

Tunbridge Wells, UK

#1106 Mar 23, 2013
Signs of the Times wrote:
The bottom line is that the choice is always ours as to how we are going to die and when. We can choose to die sooner than latter. But God would have us choose life here and eternal life in perfect health and wisdom to maintain that health. We need to wise up! I speak from experience. I saw my mother die a miserable death from a life of smoking to which I myself was headed. The scales of blindness were eventually shed from my eyes like that of Paul's and today I am trully free from bondage. Seek God while He may be found!
Bibleuniverse
This thread is about smoking - please keep your mumbo jumbo out of this thread
Forever Yours

Duluth, GA

#1107 Mar 23, 2013
Make it illegal . There's no benefits of smoking .
MORE Smoker Stink

Winnipeg, Canada

#1108 Mar 26, 2013
twood wrote:
those of you who think you should be allowed to smoke in public places, why? i mean there is nothing wrong with smoking a cigarette in the privacy of your home or car or something but just cause you wanna have a smoke and relieve some stress thats cool but dont make others have to deal with it.
They need to smoke at the dump so they can throw their butts and packaging down like they do everywhere else. And the steanch would be OK there because it already smells like (s)hit.

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1110 Mar 28, 2013
It is slow suicide. I watched a man who could barely walk because he was having trouble breathing and he had a lit cigarette in his hand. At some point the brain begins to go with the lack of oxygen. Think while you still can.

bibleuniverse
Shut Them Down

Saint Paul, MN

#1111 Apr 11, 2013
Shut down All the Tobacco Companies. That's the only way. Government and the AMA will have to do without those tax dollars. They can make it up by stopping those expensive Television commercials, because they won't need them when tobacco is gone.
Vaccine Damaged Kids

Winnipeg, Canada

#1112 Apr 11, 2013
Shut Them Down wrote:
Shut down All the Tobacco Companies. That's the only way. Government and the AMA will have to do without those tax dollars. They can make it up by stopping those expensive Television commercials, because they won't need them when tobacco is gone.
Thats a good point. if it was possible to calculate expences of all sorts that smoking causes and see how off set savings could be by outlawing it. Same with vaccines. people have no idea how faulty and fraudulent they are. They don't work with some, they wear off and they cause many illnesses, mental health issues, chronic fatique and other auto immune issues, ADHD/Autism, and death by SIDS and more. Very costly. There could be better ways to keep us healthy. Many many people are not vaccinated at all, but we are led to believe only a minority of whacko's aren't, its a big con job. Just ask people you know if they are vaccinated or have have severe reactions to vaccines. Hardly anyone will say they have nothing to say. We all know people with autistic or ADHD childrem with rates being 1 in 50 autism and 1 in 10 ADHD for the USA.

Since: Apr 13

Athens, Greece

#1113 Apr 27, 2013
because illegal is more sweet...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black executes 2 COPs 8 hr Sunshine 2
Stillwater Mayor Ken Harycki a CRIMINAL Dec 18 Sunshine 1
Police harassment Dec 15 Sunshine 1
COPs must bleed b4 shooting Dec 5 Coon Rapids Mn 1
Best Buy Geeks caught in a scam Dec 4 Best Buy SCAM 3
Check furnace save $$$ Nov 26 Liberal Lover 2
Newest Solar power plant FAILS Nov 24 Sqandered taxdollars 2
Hopkins Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web