7 charged in attack at Valleyfair

A father who tried to protect his 12-year-old daughter after she was groped while leaving Valleyfair amusement park was beaten, stomped in the face and kicked by a group of young men, police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 36
Next Last
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#787 Jul 26, 2008
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
My Leftist brother of a different color!!
Where can I send a "stamped, self addressed envelope" to, so that you can mail me your autograph?
(Ps....you gittin any by presenting your celebrity bonafides, to the sista's at the local pub?)
I think that the value of my autograph would be substantially less than the value of your stamp! lol

If I go to Arnelia's or Sunny's tonight, I'll see if the Sistas are impressed by the quotation. lol
xtremepucks

Cleveland, OH

#788 Jul 27, 2008
Maybe we can use this as a deterent and proof to stop letting our young women of non color to stop breeding with these sub humans and carrying their aids risky seed. We've been out of the jungle to long an too many thousands of years to dumb back down in a single generation.

Since: Apr 08

Minneapolis

#789 Jul 28, 2008
xtremepucks wrote:
Maybe we can use this as a deterent and proof to stop letting our young women of non color to stop breeding with these sub humans and carrying their aids risky seed. We've been out of the jungle to long an too many thousands of years to dumb back down in a single generation.
wow.. even I think that is going a little too far..
RT Bonebrain

Minneapolis, MN

#790 Jul 29, 2008
Hate crimes make no sense;

apply the law equally to all criminals. regardless of what people claim is their real motive. Motive is a "best guess" no one realy can look into a mind of a criminal and make the foolish conclusions liberals try to make.

White, black or yellow treat people equally.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Plymouth, MN

#791 Jul 29, 2008
RT Bonebrain wrote:
Hate crimes make no sense;
apply the law equally to all criminals. regardless of what people claim is their real motive. Motive is a "best guess" no one realy can look into a mind of a criminal and make the foolish conclusions liberals try to make.
White, black or yellow treat people equally.
Hate crimes notwithstanding, the law is not *currently* applied "equally" to all criminals. For example, murder is a more severe crime than manslaughther, although both are based on the taking of a human life. Motives can be inferred from evidence such as an alleged criminal's statements during the commission of the crime, any criminal history of an alleged criminal (although court admissibility might be an issue), and relevant background information (e.g., did a guy who has been accused of defacing a synagogue once a webmaster for Storm Front's website?).

As far as treating people equally goes, I'm not sure I see your point. If race is a protected class for hate crimes purposes, then people of *all* races are covered. Same goes for religion, etc.
4th Award Expert

Saint Paul, MN

#792 Jul 29, 2008
When I was in the Marines, we had a general order that would have made dealing with this issue a breeze: Deadly Force. It really wouldn't matter what race or political stripe these folk are. Too bad here on the civilian side of things this sort of thing becomes an extravaganza filled with comedians of all types. Feeling amused yet? Donít tell me you canít profile this crap from a mile away. Pay attention.
Tank Murdoch

United States

#794 Jul 29, 2008
why not charge all crimes equally and harshly???

Why not charge black people for hate crimes as in the incident last year in Mpls when two white people got a bullet in the back of the head??.

You rely on "inferred" as to calculate the crimes punishment. LOL!!!!!
Workaday Oakdale Brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate crimes notwithstanding, the law is not *currently* applied "equally" to all criminals. For example, murder is a more severe crime than manslaughther, although both are based on the taking of a human life. Motives can be inferred from evidence such as an alleged criminal's statements during the commission of the crime, any criminal history of an alleged criminal (although court admissibility might be an issue), and relevant background information (e.g., did a guy who has been accused of defacing a synagogue once a webmaster for Storm Front's website?).
As far as treating people equally goes, I'm not sure I see your point. If race is a protected class for hate crimes purposes, then people of *all* races are covered. Same goes for religion, etc.
hmm

Minneapolis, MN

#795 Jul 29, 2008
all this talk about hate crimes makes you wonder where it said in the article that the victim was white? Was he?
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Plymouth, MN

#796 Jul 30, 2008
Tank Murdoch wrote:
why not charge all crimes equally and harshly???
Why not charge black people for hate crimes as in the incident last year in Mpls when two white people got a bullet in the back of the head??.
You rely on "inferred" as to calculate the crimes punishment. LOL!!!!!
<quoted text>
I could be wrong, but from what I understand of the Mpls. incident, the robbery and murders were motivated by greed and by either a desire not to leave witnesses or an accidental discharge of the gun (the "accident" is a purported defense from at least one of the killers, from what I've heard). If there was an evidence of racial bias in this case, I haven't heard about it. Have you?
hello

Saint Paul, MN

#797 Jul 30, 2008
<quoted text>
I could be wrong, but from what I understand of the Mpls. incident, the robbery and murders were motivated by greed and by either a desire not to leave witnesses or an accidental discharge of the gun (the "accident" is a purported defense from at least one of the killers, from what I've heard). If there was an evidence of racial bias in this case, I haven't heard about it. Have you?
I actually knew one of the guys who got killed, and it was a robbery gone bad, had nothing to do with race.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Plymouth, MN

#798 Jul 30, 2008
hello wrote:
<quoted text>I actually knew one of the guys who got killed, and it was a robbery gone bad, had nothing to do with race.
Thank you for sharing that information. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend / acquaintance and hope that the killers get the punishment that they so richly deserve.
KillALLBR

Minneapolis, MN

#799 Jul 30, 2008
<quoted text>
Thanks for noticing...I will savor it indeed!
When was this? As I would like to see/read what you were "Quoted on" in the paper..
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#800 Jul 30, 2008
KillALLBR wrote:
<quoted text>
When was this? As I would like to see/read what you were "Quoted on" in the paper..
It was this past Saturday. Please see: http://www.twincities.com/ci_10007001
KillALLBR

Minneapolis, MN

#801 Aug 1, 2008
Alright, now VF is a pretty good size area, and yes it is pretty damn sad when someone is getting attacked, and people pretty much just go about as if nothing is happening.... What am I getting at?

WTF happened here?!:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...

Buses are not that big, and yet no one does anything while something as horrid as this is happening....
I know the VF incident was very bad, but.. seeing someone stab another human repeatedly and than decapitate them.. And people are just sitting there doing nothing.. It's as if no one has ever heard of phrase:
"Strength in Numbers."

Since: Feb 08

ST.Paul, MN

#802 Aug 2, 2008
From Kare 11.com/twincites
Updated 8 - 1 - 08 9:14 pm

----------

This week, NEW charges on > Devondre Evans-Lewis <(18) was raised to 1st degree felony physical assault. The NEW charge carries a potential prison term of > 20 years & a $30,000 fine ON CONVICTION .

My opinion is GOOD & AGAIN it didn't say nothing on " HATE CRIME " so Please drop it & THANKS

Also Gang bangers & Thugs LISTEN UP ----

Valley fair has BEEFED up Security at the Shakopee Amusement Park & Park officials say that includes more security Personnel patrolling & NEW " NO TOLERANCE "POLICY. Now, anyone engaging in any PHYSICAL infraction faces immediate banning from park.

Also to note - " suspect " tapped the top of the teenager's head with an INFLATABLE BAT ...ok Valley Fair MUST ban those " inflatable bats " LOL

Also to note - There had been PUBLIC misconception of a racial motive in the attacks, but both the faimly & the " attackers " were African- American
Right Side

Saint Paul, MN

#803 Aug 25, 2008
No way is this LIBERAL / WELLSTONE state 5-7 months then work release we will pay for their education healthcare dental care a.k.a dregs of society. or better yet we should create a new programs and waste millions more of Minnesotas tax and spend LIBERALS.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>..
Common Cents wrote:
UP THE CHARGE TO 1ST DEGREE ASSAULT PATRICK CILIBERTO! These guys should be locked away for 15-20. Not 2-3. Up the charge now! Great Bodily harm does not necessitate permanent injury. Broken bones and a bleading brain is enough. PUT THEM ALL AWAY!!!
The Master

Saint Louis, MO

#804 Aug 25, 2008
They shouldn't go to jail. It is society's fault that they ended up the way they did. It is our failing that led to their behavior. In essence, we should be arrested and placed in jail. I feel so bad for these fine, young, misunderstood men.

The following was brought to you by the liberal policies of the DFL which have dominated Minnesota politics for years and produced so many problems as a result of utopian ideals.
rick russell

Minneapolis, MN

#805 Aug 9, 2013
Does mot sound racial. I understand the the victom and the 5 boys were all black. The parents of these violent boys should write an apology letter to the victom and to tje news paper for the community. Or you are all just trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connections Sep 13 Media 1
Bikes ILLEGAL in New York City Sep 11 Slewer 1
President Obama is Sorry Sep 8 Whats appropriate 1
Green Line train hits pedestrian Aug 28 Slewer 2
Johnson supporter vandalizes bike trail to get ... Aug 26 Alf 1
People we can do better for a fallen officer Aug 25 Free to go home 2
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
•••
•••
•••

Hopkins Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hopkins People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hopkins News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hopkins