New Minnesota Teacher of the Year get...

New Minnesota Teacher of the Year gets high marks

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 23, 2008, titled New Minnesota Teacher of the Year gets high marks. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Colleague says students 'always No. 1' By Megan Boldt [email protected] Article Last Updated: 07/22/2008 08:37:16 PM CDT Derek Olson, a sixth-grade teacher at Afton-Lakeland Elementary, was named ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Nicole

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 23, 2008
Mr. Olson was one of my 6th grade teachers in 2005-2006.(We had a team of teachers) He taught us social studies and I was always excited to go to his class! We didn't read textbooks all the time,(though he warned us that in Jr. high we probably would) and instead, we did exciting activities that made learning about the ancient Egyptians and other world cultures, fun! I also remember doing an archeological dig, making plaster Egyptian mummy masks (from our own faces), and doing art projects for Egypt and studying about it. 6th grade was and still remains my best year of education, because of Mr. Olson, Mr. Bliven, and Mr. Kostynick!
WTF2004

Stillwater, MN

#2 Jul 28, 2008
Just beware of a guy named pavolich when you advance to oak-land jr high. Nice to read about your positive reflection of learning in IDS 834.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: MXT Associates (Aug '11) 23 hr Sarah 10
News Burnsvillle woman charged with stealing demente... Aug 22 pelove 1
News Bucklin family thanks public for support (Nov '10) Jul '16 Oliver 25
News Joe Soucheray: Plenty of ideas would trump that... (Apr '15) Apr '15 LIbEralS 4
Historical News Video of Teenagers Cruising in ... (May '14) May '14 Mister Persuasion 1
News Met Council awards $3.9M for projects near tran... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laura 1
Metzgers (Nov '13) Nov '13 shaggy 1

Hopkins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopkins Mortgages