100 immigrants in Minnesota become US...

100 immigrants in Minnesota become US citizens

There are 19 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 17, 2010, titled 100 immigrants in Minnesota become US citizens. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

One hundred immigrants from 37 different countries are becoming U.S. citizens during a special ceremony in Minneapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Too Bad

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Sep 17, 2010
Congrats to those doing it the right way!
c-man

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 17, 2010
Congratulations to new American cititzens, who came here, played by the rules, and now can enjoy the fruits of being LEGAL Americans.
FilmAtTen

AOL

#3 Sep 17, 2010
Welcome to America, and thank you for going about it the right and legal way.

Cheers........
zingbopper

Boyd, WI

#5 Sep 17, 2010
Oh goodie, more people!
Let me guess they all speak English right?
Who pays for them to become citizens?
The paperwork,verifying who they are,putting on classes,testing and of course the graduation ceremony.
The melting pot runneth over.
juanpablo

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 17, 2010
but millions have not and never intend to
Swamp Thing

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Sep 17, 2010
Send them all to Wisconsin !
dum dums

Cook, MN

#8 Sep 17, 2010
i was born and raised in this country. what do i need to do to get the same special treatment illegals get?
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 17, 2010
Congrats to these new Americans! Thanks for coming in the front door and doing things right!

“Just dance.........”

Since: Jan 09

East Side

#10 Sep 17, 2010
lets just keep bringing in people from all over, theres no jobs as it is. Everyone deserves free housing & other benefits don't they? geesh.......
janet

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Sep 17, 2010
CLOSE ALL BORDERS!!
Retired Soldier

Cottage Grove, MN

#12 Sep 17, 2010
Congratulations to all of OUR new citizens. We are glad your here, and we hope you prosper and thrive in the greatest country on Earth.

Please ignore those that are here illegally, as they dont think they need to spend the time or effort that you have to become citizens. You have all taken the first big step in securing a better future for both you and your families.
Retired Soldier

Cottage Grove, MN

#13 Sep 17, 2010
LadieGaGa wrote:
lets just keep bringing in people from all over, theres no jobs as it is. Everyone deserves free housing & other benefits don't they? geesh.......
Your just as retarded as your namesake. These people didnt duck behind the door, or sneak in, they followed the rules that we set. They are taking an OATH today, with hands raised...in front of an American flag. You will probably disagree, but that means something significant to me, as it should to every other citizen.
Retired Soldier

Cottage Grove, MN

#14 Sep 17, 2010
It's pretty clear to me that many of you who posted here have no idea what it takes to become a citizen of this country.

Applicants must:
1. Are at least 18 years old and a lawful permanent resident ("green card" holder);
2. Have resided continuously in the United States, having been lawfully admitted for permanent residence, for five years immediately preceding the date you filed your application for naturalization, or
3. Have, after having been removed from conditional permanent resident status, based upon your marriage to a U.S. citizen, having resided in the United States for one year after the date the condition was removed;
4. Have resided continuously in the United States at all times after your application to the time and date of your admission for citizenship;
5. Have, during all periods of time referred to above, been and still are a person of good moral character;
6. Have no outstanding deportation or removal order and no pending deportation or removal proceeding;
7. Have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand simple words and phrases in English;
8. Have knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of U.S. history and government;
9. Are attached to, and can support, the principles of the U.S. Constitution and can swear allegiance to the United States.

Pay special attention to numbers 7-9. They have to take and pass tests. Based on the moronic comments of a couple of you, I would be willing to bet you would fail those same tests.

“Just dance.........”

Since: Jan 09

East Side

#15 Sep 17, 2010
Retired Soldier wrote:
<quoted text>
Your just as retarded as your namesake. These people didnt duck behind the door, or sneak in, they followed the rules that we set. They are taking an OATH today, with hands raised...in front of an American flag. You will probably disagree, but that means something significant to me, as it should to every other citizen.
It's hard to not find it amusing that someone named "Retired Soldier" calls other people names like a fifth grader. I find your comments most amusing. Keep up the good work soldier.:) I know this comment is "spam" but i just couldn't resist.
Retired Soldier

Cottage Grove, MN

#16 Sep 17, 2010
LadieGaGa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to not find it amusing that someone named "Retired Soldier" calls other people names like a fifth grader. I find your comments most amusing. Keep up the good work soldier.:) I know this comment is "spam" but i just couldn't resist.
I'm glad your amused. 5TH grade level comments to amuse someone with a 5TH grade sense of humor. Sorry, I couldn't resist either.
TaxTaxTax

Excelsior, MN

#17 Sep 17, 2010
Next time I hope they say the pledge of allegiance and at the end where it says....

With liberty and justice for all...I would like to see these words added: including the unborn.
Crusoe

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 17, 2010
dum dums wrote:
i was born and raised in this country. what do i need to do to get the same special treatment illegals get?
Ummm .. stop being a big crybaby a ss ho le.
Crusoe

Chicago, IL

#19 Sep 17, 2010
dum dums wrote:
and you can fill in the letters replaced by the "***" above with an "h" and an "o".
Dave

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Sep 17, 2010
dum dums wrote:
Thats easy to figure out- become GAY and sell your arse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This IS Hillary Feb 19 Fake news 2
FBI Manipulated by Hillary Feb 10 MAGA by Trump 3
Muslim tryies to burn a University down Jan 25 Shyit whole Hawaii 2
Radical punishment differences Jan 25 Shyit whole Hawaii 1
Support Hmong Jan 25 Shyit whole Hawaii 1
St Paul snow removal Jan 24 Shyit whole Hawaii 1
Edina Residents Jan '18 NorthernMom 1

Hopkins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance