Review: Halvorson's
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brooke

United States

#25 Jun 4, 2013
Man came to my door tried to sell 380 dollars of meat. Said he could give it to me today for 180. I said no thanks three or for times. He wouldn't leave. Should have called the cops instead of wasting 35 bucks on 4 steaks just to get him the hell out of my house. They don't look very good either.
Kevin

Spokane, WA

#26 Jul 19, 2013
mmh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we ate 2 of them.
No, they were not good. They were dry as a bone.
I paid with cash, so no identity issues.
Sounds to me like you cooked em dry!
Bob

Farmington, MN

#27 Jun 12, 2014
Just cooked 3 of the cheaper burgers. Delicious. Learn to grill folks. And no they didn't pay me to say that. I'll hop on here tomorrow if I'm sick!! Otherwise assume all digested well.
Sarah

Lodi, WI

#28 Jun 15, 2014
Just had this company drive through our neighborhood and try to sell meat! I thought it was illegal in the state of mn to do door to door sales in Sunday! Very scratchy people trying to sell meat!
Faribault Mn

Rochester, MN

#29 Jul 24, 2014
Pulled up behind my house in the country...sat there and looked like they were casing the place and then left without ever getting out of their van. VERY SUSPICIOUS ! Call the police when you see these people.
Van pulled behind my country and they sat there looking around like they were casing the place and then left without coming to the door. VERY SUSPICIOUS !
Mmmr

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Aug 5, 2014
I was working out in the yard today and a white Halvorsons van squealed around the corner and stopped abruptly blocking our driveway. My spouse and I were in the middle of a yard project when the salesman yelled to us, " do you like chicken and beef?" I was stunned because a) I didn't know this person, b) we're in the middle of something and c) he's walking into our yard making our dogs upset. Then he says, "do you speak English?". Why? Because we're giving you blank stares? We don't know why you're blocking our driveway. No this is my name and this is the company I represent. I said we're not interested and he stalked off silently, speeding down the street to the next unsuspecting person outside I'm sure. I'm very leery of that door to door meat sales. It just had the air of something off. I should have responded to his comment of speaking English by asking if he read English, by which he could read our "no soliciting" sign! I hate how they get away with that.... I thought about calling the city to verify that they have a soliciting permit.
beefeater

Mabank, TX

#31 Nov 14, 2014
MMH wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man. Wish I'd read this two hours ago. Is the product safe? I bought one box of 8 steaks.
well were they good i just bought some. The guy gave me a brochure for ttexas home delivery i called them they said he doesn;'t work there anymore bu they all get the meat from the same place. So we will see what they taste like
KSW162

United States

#32 Mar 24, 2017
The first time i bought from them i was really happy with my beef. This last time the beef is thin rolled up and packaged to look amazing.. Alot of grissle is hid on the inside.. Totally disgusted.. When u talked to the company person he told me he would exchange those steaks for what ever we liked never heard back after that for a set up time.. Filled with BBB.. Will never buy from them again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Train crime May 17 District 1 1
News In-N-Out Burger: Hastings, MN (Apr '12) May 12 Joe Balls 15
High Jimmy Kimmel May 7 Joe Balls 1
Fun for retired folk (Dec '15) Apr '18 John Gold 2
surubaby.com reveiw Mar '18 Nope 1
Review: Brentwood Park Townhomes (Mar '12) Nov '16 seandell2006 2
News Police: Man Stabbed Multiple Times In Hopkins; ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Fundies R Mentall... 3

Hopkins Jobs

Personal Finance

Hopkins Mortgages