St. Paul ex-con says he robbed, kille...

St. Paul ex-con says he robbed, killed Irene Kunze, 90

There are 78 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 18, 2008, titled St. Paul ex-con says he robbed, killed Irene Kunze, 90. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Corey Omar Posley-Wells saw Irene Kunze take out the garbage at her Hopkins apartment and thought she'd be a good target for robbery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#74 Jul 22, 2008
Savage Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How long before people realize that prisons don't have to cost money? The cons can do the physical labor of laying the block and mortar. They can go without weight lifting facilities, t.v., computers etc. Three lousy but nutritious meals and hard labor or making license plates to pay for themselves. "Liberalism is a mental disorder."
Hi, Savage. I'm in complete agreement with you until you last little bit there about liberalism. I think that the issue at hand (whatever it may be) loses its central importance when a political jab is thrown in for good measure.

Liberalism is not a mental disorder. It's an ideology different from yours. It's also a word that some posters feel is an insult while others wear it with pride. I don't claim any party affiliation or ideology in particular, except for the basic tenet of the golden rule.

In any case, I couldn't agree with you more about hard labor, and about the cost of housing a prisoner being astronomical when it needn't be. Joe Arpaio is a personal hero of mine for those very reasons. I think committing a violent crime against another person should be a forfeiture of your right to live freely and comfortably. I believe in massive restructuring of the non-violent offender punishments, as well. It doesn't take the Harvard Brain Trust to see that our penal system and justice systems are both fatally flawed.
thissucks

Burnsville, MN

#75 Jul 23, 2008
caring person wrote:
This is a bunch of garbage and crap! He should never have gotten out of prison to begin with. If he were where he belonged to begin with, a sweet, innocent, defenseless, full-of-life woman would still be alive today. He wrongfully took the life of someone who did not deserve to die this way. I'm sure he'll be in a place where he won't be out to do this again. He does NOT deserve to be out of prison ever again.
<quoted text>
See> sarcasm n. 1. harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2. a sharply ironical taunt or gibe; a sneering or cutting remark.
Settle Down!! Haven't you ever seen limousine liberals comments here before?
Ms_ Manners

Minneapolis, MN

#76 Jul 23, 2008
Irene Kunze (the victim), was a member of my church. This is not a democrat vs. republican issue. Ms. Kunze belonged to a church that stressed tolerance and social justice. Please remember the victim, and yes, pray for the offender. With better programs for youth we can stop offenders like this, offer them a better way of life. Yes, some people are evil, cannot be helped, but don't blame the Democrats, that is an affront to Irene's memory.
so sad

Saint Paul, MN

#77 Jul 23, 2008
Workaday Oakdale Brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he attack her on the basis of being of race (or on any other protected class basis)? If so, he should be charged with a hate crime. If not, he should not be charged that way.
He attacked her for her vulnerability. So sad for our elderly.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Plymouth, MN

#78 Jul 23, 2008
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>He attacked her for her vulnerability. So sad for our elderly.
In that case, charging the creep under one of MN's "vulnerable adult" statutes seems appropriate.
Emerald Green

Saint Paul, MN

#79 Jul 23, 2008
Kacy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are suggesting that by wanting prisoners to not be treated inhumanely, a person is "liberal" and therefore has a "mental disorder" then so be it. Personally I think this country's prisons are often times NOT humane, and anyone who is supportive of the death penalty obviously doesn't understand the insane number of people who are wrongfully convicted in this country each year.
As for this guy, I sincerely hope he stays in prison for the rest of his life. Obviously he isn't willing to change his behavior and will probably do this again if let out, so I'm all for putting him away for good.... but when we start suggesting inhumane treatment of prisoners, then we really have failed as a society and a country.
OMG Did she just claim that Punishment for a crime is inhumane? That loss of a TV, Exercise equipment, etc is less than Humane? He slit the throat of an old woman in order to steal from her...Earth to Kacy, WAKE UP GIRL HE IS A BLOOD THIRSTY PIECE OF DUNG!!!
I'll Tell You What ... You Can House the Piece Of *@#% when your way of thinking releases him again OK?
human too

Minneapolis, MN

#80 Jul 23, 2008
Ms_ Manners wrote:
Irene Kunze (the victim), was a member of my church. This is not a democrat vs. republican issue. Ms. Kunze belonged to a church that stressed tolerance and social justice. Please remember the victim, and yes, pray for the offender. With better programs for youth we can stop offenders like this, offer them a better way of life. Yes, some people are evil, cannot be helped, but don't blame the Democrats, that is an affront to Irene's memory.
Ms. Manners, I doubt that there is a poster on this Forum whose heart is so hard that they do not feel horror and dismay at the brutal tragedy of this heinous crime. Maybe firing off angry posts is an alternative to weeping.

I confess that I am one of those who tends to "blame the Democrats", precisely because I believe it is their "progressive" worldview that has allowed such a lawless society to flourish. The delusion that all this murderer needed was "better youth programs" and "more tolerance" is at best woefully misguided, and at worst downright harmful to society as a whole. For decades now, the more we have tried to "hope for the best in people", the more we have insisted that tolerance is the only real virtue, the more savage and vicious our society has become. "When judgement is delayed, the heart of man is fully set in him to do evil."

The true affront to Ms. Kunze's memory would be to view this murderer, this victimizer, as a victim.
Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#81 Jul 30, 2008
Savage Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How long before people realize that prisons don't have to cost money? The cons can do the physical labor of laying the block and mortar. They can go without weight lifting facilities, t.v., computers etc. Three lousy but nutritious meals and hard labor or making license plates to pay for themselves. "Liberalism is a mental disorder."
Learn what your talking about before you start. Theres is no weight lifting in prison anymore and they've never had computers
Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#82 Jul 30, 2008
Alot of you on here are crazy and talk S**t because your behind a computer. I know Corey, yes he was a thug but that wasn't his moms doing trust me I know her to. I won't say he was reformed I talk to him about a month before this happen. I didn't think he would ever get to this level but he did some how. And as for Emerald Green I wouldn't mind giving him a place to stay if he ever got out
Just Facts

Venice, IL

#83 Jul 30, 2008
Food for Thought wrote:
Mr. T: The saddest assumption for you to have is that crime doesn't occur in the suburbs. It sounds as though you would like to dilute yourself into believing the crime is a racial, urban, or low income problem. To be honest, the suburbs are where all the sexual predators live with you and those like you protect them by your ignorance, where the husband kills the wife and children and then tries to kill himself and you with great confidence send your child off to the henhouse full of disillusion. Wake up guy, crime is mobile, and it's everywhere. Do your family a favor don't assume, it could potentially save a life.
Your brain is obviously starving. Violent crime occurs most frequently in areas with the highest percentage of black and latino residents. The violent crime rate rate in the black areas of the metro dwarf the violent crime rate for the rest of the state. Crime does occur in the suburbs but at no where near the rate in minority neighborhoods. If you want to reduce violent crime you must reduce the number of black and latino residents.
human too

Minneapolis, MN

#84 Jul 30, 2008
Crimes are committed by individuals, not by the dreaded "Them". Individuals should be held accountable, and punished if necessary, for their own actions, no one else's. We need to go after the criminals, not the community.

If you want to reduce the violent crime rate you must be willing to enforce the laws. I mean really enforce them. If you do the crime you do the time. Equal punishment. No favors. No matter who your parents are.

And, yes, this will require paying for more police, more judges, and more cells.
God

Saint Paul, MN

#85 Jul 30, 2008
human too wrote:
Crimes are committed by individuals, not by the dreaded "Them". Individuals should be held accountable, and punished if necessary, for their own actions, no one else's. We need to go after the criminals, not the community.
If you want to reduce the violent crime rate you must be willing to enforce the laws. I mean really enforce them. If you do the crime you do the time. Equal punishment. No favors. No matter who your parents are.
And, yes, this will require paying for more police, more judges, and more cells.
Take it out of the welfare fund.
The Dude

United States

#86 Nov 7, 2008
yeah no welfare.
anniec1956

Exeland, WI

#87 Jan 15, 2009
limousine liberal wrote:
I certainly hope the courts show a great deal of compassion for Mr. Posley-Wells. The young man, obviously a victim of society and racial prejudice, needs help and understanding. Something to provide the hugs he lacked as a child. I know that at church tomorrow, I'll ask for the congregation to offer up prayers for this poor despondent soul. I pray the courts will give serious thought to a fine, and probation, as opposed to incarceration. Everyone deserves a second chance.
Oh by the way, just love what Mr. Posley-Wells has done with his hair. It's quite a fetching look, don't you think?
What in the hell are you thinking. She was a family member; maybe not yours. Get a life and not his.
human too

United States

#88 Jan 15, 2009
anniec1956, have no fear. I'm pretty sure "limousine liberal" was being as sarcastic as humanly possible, and his/her true feelings are the exact opposite. Sometimes, sarcasm doesn't come across well in print, but I am convinced that "limolib's" real point was to lampoon what he/she sees as an overabundance of misplaced "compassion."
Concerned

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#89 Mar 31, 2009
Growing up in Minnesota in the 1950 and 60s was wonderful. We could go downtown, walk the streets, play outside and there was no concern about the thugs that now rule the Twin Cities. And this will continue as they have more births than employed long-time Minnesotans and the government happily supports teenage, unmarried parents. And those Asian gangs, how did they end up in Minnesota? Was it Lutheran Social Services who brought them here?
Minnesota will never be the same, it's like a third world country in many ways. However it's home and I'll be back this summer. Question: What do all those Mpls city council members do? And each has a large staff.
Anyone know how many councilmen there are? Government has become expensive and it's the largest employer in Minnesota. Very few of the employees are interested in anything but their retirement benefits and all look bored and indifferent when asked a question. No educated, well-spoken caucasian is now eligible for government work, or so it seems. Or work at any of the major stores either.
Lexi OShea

Minneapolis, MN

#90 Nov 15, 2009
I Hope He Burns In Hell! I Am The Great Grandaughter Of This Woman.. I Hope That Bastered Dies! I Would Like To Strangle Him With My Own Hands!
Lexi OShea

Minneapolis, MN

#91 Nov 15, 2009
anniec1956 wrote:
<quoted text>What in the hell are you thinking. She was a family member; maybe not yours. Get a life and not his.
Thankyou Soo Much! She Is Family. And Just Happens To Be Mine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flag Burning May 14 Another Black kil... 1
News Southwest light rail price balloons to $2B; deb... May 8 FBI has terrorist... 2
News Can Southwest LRT go on a $341 million diet? May 8 Unknown Male 3
Repeat U of M is SAFE May 6 USA Free Speech P... 2
Clintons on hard times SAD STORY Apr '15 Minneserable 1
News Joe Soucheray: Plenty of ideas would trump that... Apr '15 LIbEralS 4
News Source: Southwest line price tag balloons towar... Apr '15 Honky 16
More from around the web

Hopkins People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]