Comments
21 - 40 of 99 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2011
is your ass really loose

Hopewell, VA

#21 Jan 14, 2011
yougottabekiddingme64 wrote:
I totally agree with (martin isnt really gone) No time frame when resignation takes place.
THIS FROM THE Progress-Index:
"For now, Martin said he is open to new professional opportunities. He won't rule out that he might move back to Saginaw, Mich., where his wife still has a career. And Martin said that he will miss Hopewell."
We are going to continue to pay his salary while he looks for another job. How effective is he going to be as a manager while he is looking for another job.
This "resignation" is all smoke and mirrors so that Daley did not have to fire Martin. Since Martin does not want to give a time frame for his resignation then City Council should.
City Council should appoint an Interim Chief and tell Martin Good Bye.
Let's stop wasting money on consulting firms. Do the work yourself for a change and take responsibility. Is City Council so inept that they cannot do the job? If so then they should resign themselves.
Mr. Daley, you should do yourself and the City of Hopewell a favor and resign right along with your puppet Martin. The both of you have done more harm than good to the city. You are part of the problem not part of the solution.
Here goes.

The problem is all of those wannabe honorary police chiefs that haven't learned to do their own jobs properly.

There wasn't anything wrong with arresting the drug users, they were breaking the law. It's just who the drug users were. Then there are the CA's supporters who keep beating down the door to free their kin from prosecution.

The people don't decide who gets tickets, citations and arrested; unless they're the dumbasses that are breaking the law and getting caught. You want crime reduced in you neighborhoods but when you find out who it is, you're shocked, appalled and don't want to press charges.

You want the good little hit and runners to go free. Well, that worked for a weekend. The state troopers again, jeez. The judge and his daddy were too close. Kid's facing a landslide and it's the cheif's fault?

Young lady, you stay on the soapbox with a hole cut in the top; it's full of crap. Get up, you're starting to stink.

Seriously, the chief of police isn't the problem. Crime has dropped, the Feds have handcuffed the Department for his entire stay and are just picking up their criminals. Crime isn't going to be in abundance for another 2-3 years, if you're lucky.

There isn't any revenue to spike your budget with, get over it and Newman get ready to find a job. Take her advice and resign with Daley and the city attorney.
No Duke

Richmond, VA

#22 Jan 14, 2011
No, Ellis is a nice guy but a Chief? Dont think so. The city needs proven leadership, baggage with someone I wont mention. Scruggs is a Va man, wont judge anyone and will lead in the correct manner, just ask Chesterfield residents, he worked for them for 30 years.

You want change? You want a Jim Stanley type guy? Go with Scruggs, you will be happy you did.
hopewell devil

Hopewell, VA

#23 Jan 14, 2011
Lock and load, Hopewell, no matter who they make as chief of police, the criminals will multiply and no appointed chief will be able to keep up with Hopewell's crime rate. Too many infested with slum lords and garbage to clean up.
not the truth

Hopewell, VA

#24 Jan 14, 2011
No Duke wrote:
Retired Lt. Col Andy Scruggs (Chesterfield Police Department). Retired as Dep. Chief after thirty years of service. Served as Interm Chief, Head of General Investigations, Homicide, Narcotics, Special Investigations. Life long resident of the area. There is no dirt or downside. Masters Degree.
I guess you need to ask Andy why he didn't make Chief in Chesterfield . Let's hear it .
not the truth

Hopewell, VA

#25 Jan 14, 2011
No Duke wrote:
No, Ellis is a nice guy but a Chief? Dont think so. The city needs proven leadership, baggage with someone I wont mention. Scruggs is a Va man, wont judge anyone and will lead in the correct manner, just ask Chesterfield residents, he worked for them for 30 years.
You want change? You want a Jim Stanley type guy? Go with Scruggs, you will be happy you did.
We don't need a Scruggs or Stanley kind of guy. If Stanley cared so much about Hopewell he should have put in for Chief 3 yrs. ago.
I would dare say Chesterfield guys why didn't you make Chief there ??
not the truth

Hopewell, VA

#26 Jan 14, 2011
Mr Daley, do the right thing, hire outside, make it a military type guy, you have a dept with some big issues, if they don't like their command they want them out. Grow up Hopewell policer officer's.
No One in the city deserves to be chief ! They proven that.
River Lover

Hopewell, VA

#27 Jan 14, 2011
Why would Hopewell allow someone who has "supposedly" resigned to remain in charge of the PD. He is actively searching and his energy is not in serving Hopewell. I thought Daley was an idiot but now I KNOW he is a moron in allowing this to continue. City Council needs to pull their heads out of their as@@s and take some control. Daley needs to "resign" next!! At least the Chief was smart enough to give his "resignation" after he was rewarded with a 3% bonuses
No Duke

Richmond, VA

#28 Jan 14, 2011
Scruggs didnt put in after serving as the Interm Chief while still performing the duties of Dep Chief, why? Because he had his retirement planned and stayed on until the new Chief took over. He has been retired for 2 years so dont try and write a mystery about a man who is a open book and of outstanding ethics.

As far as the Dept having issues? come on, how many Chiefs in five years? Look at the common factor here....its not the Chiefs,,,,maybe politics in the City? just a thought.

I will agree with "not the truth" a structured person male/female who will bring with them prior experience other than Hopewell experience and certainly not a court room deputy who hasnt been a Police Officer in 5 years and the highest rank of Captian. Nothing against this Ellis as a person at all, but if you want a politician in as the Chief then let Anderson run the Dept because that is what you will end up with.
No Duke

Richmond, VA

#29 Jan 14, 2011
Sound familer?????????? Same s#%* different day!! WAKE UP!!!

HOPEWELL -- City Council wants a co-interim police chief to run the force while a six-month search gets under way for a permanent chief.

The council recommendation, on a 6-1 vote, comes as the existing interim police chief withdrew his application for the position.

Interim Police Chief Jim Stanley told council last night that he didn't want the job because of growing interference from outside bodies on his department.

"After much consideration and evaluation of the current intensity of the interference from political entities within city government and the commonwealth's attorney's office, I have concluded that it is unlikely that I would have the ability to function as the police chief," Stanley said in a memo to council.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#30 Jan 15, 2011
is your ass really loose wrote:
<quoted text>Here goes.
The problem is all of those wannabe honorary police chiefs that haven't learned to do their own jobs properly.
There wasn't anything wrong with arresting the drug users, they were breaking the law. It's just who the drug users were. Then there are the CA's supporters who keep beating down the door to free their kin from prosecution.
The people don't decide who gets tickets, citations and arrested; unless they're the dumbasses that are breaking the law and getting caught. You want crime reduced in you neighborhoods but when you find out who it is, you're shocked, appalled and don't want to press charges.
You want the good little hit and runners to go free. Well, that worked for a weekend. The state troopers again, jeez. The judge and his daddy were too close. Kid's facing a landslide and it's the cheif's fault?
Young lady, you stay on the soapbox with a hole cut in the top; it's full of crap. Get up, you're starting to stink.
Seriously, the chief of police isn't the problem. Crime has dropped, the Feds have handcuffed the Department for his entire stay and are just picking up their criminals. Crime isn't going to be in abundance for another 2-3 years, if you're lucky.
There isn't any revenue to spike your budget with, get over it and Newman get ready to find a job. Take her advice and resign with Daley and the city attorney.
Is your head so far up Sam Campbells ass that you do not get the fact that I am not female and that I am not who you think I am. If you spent as much time running your Office as you do following my Posts and making your assinine comments you may have an Office worth working for. For something not beign personal you sure have an axe to grind against someone. It sure must be a burden to you to always think that you are right. Get over yourself. The only reason that you hold the position that you do is because you have ruined the reputation of that Office so bad no one else wants it.

You are just affraid that you will not be able to walk all over a New Chief and that that person will not care who or what you THINK you are. You are a bitter Man that lost some of power when your Buddy Nino lost his job. Your buddy and backer Sam can only help you so much.

As for your lame comment that I care who gets arrested you are wrong. If you did the crime face the consequences. This goes for anyone to include those who sexually harass women and drink and drive.(Sound familare) You know who you are.

The Quoted Post above is a prime example of someone losing their Power (Real or Perceived). I believe the citizens of Hopewell expect and deserve better from people that hold positions such as yours.

Grind your axe elswhere and use your time to clean up your own mess instead of trolling on Topix looking for my Posts, just so that you can look like the Ass you truley are. Not the face you portray in public, Oh thats right you said that you would not change because of your position.
Winner

Hopewell, VA

#31 Jan 15, 2011
Why is it people over look what is the right thing to do. As I see it we have a council who run's the city by who they know. Poor decision. It is the citizens you need to worry about.
We now are back to what is best for the Police Department, as I look back in the past, the only time the police department was run right was when James Stanley was in charge. Why go out to search for another outsider when you have the answer in your own back yard. But that would be to simple, smart move.
Some people want this man Ellis in as Chief, first he has no degree, he is only wanted in so some officer's can get by with certain thing's, and then the sheriff would have one of his employees in that will have breakfast with him.
Council time to stop making decisions by who your little group is and make for the first time what is in the best interest for our city. I say contact James Stanley, see if interested in for a challenge again and go from there, after all the sheriff will not be elected again. Then there will be working relationship's for the first time.
why2

Hopewell, VA

#32 Jan 15, 2011
winner where do you get your info ellis has a college degree that alone is more than held by some of the other names in the pot. 30 plus years experience in law enforcement,served the city of hopewell 30 plus years retired as a captain,and has proven he would be a equal hardass to all (no favorites) not saying he is only choice BUT he has the qualifacations to throw his hat in the pot more than some of the others named
No Duke

Richmond, VA

#33 Jan 15, 2011
Why 2??? Seriously???? 30 years in that corrupt dept makes Ellis a good choice?? Umm remember he was there when the evidence room problems began in the first place....he did nothing to correct it. Dont put Donahue in the Police Dept unless you like the drama that will follow, you think you have a problem now...put the balif in charge and see what happens
is your ass that loose

Hopewell, VA

#34 Jan 15, 2011
yougottabekiddingme64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your head so far up Sam Campbells ass that you do not get the fact that I am not female and that I am not who you think I am. If you spent as much time running your Office as you do following my Posts and making your assinine comments you may have an Office worth working for. For something not beign personal you sure have an axe to grind against someone. It sure must be a burden to you to always think that you are right. Get over yourself. The only reason that you hold the position that you do is because you have ruined the reputation of that Office so bad no one else wants it.
You are just affraid that you will not be able to walk all over a New Chief and that that person will not care who or what you THINK you are. You are a bitter Man that lost some of power when your Buddy Nino lost his job. Your buddy and backer Sam can only help you so much.
As for your lame comment that I care who gets arrested you are wrong. If you did the crime face the consequences. This goes for anyone to include those who sexually harass women and drink and drive.(Sound familare) You know who you are.
The Quoted Post above is a prime example of someone losing their Power (Real or Perceived). I believe the citizens of Hopewell expect and deserve better from people that hold positions such as yours.
Grind your axe elswhere and use your time to clean up your own mess instead of trolling on Topix looking for my Posts, just so that you can look like the Ass you truley are. Not the face you portray in public, Oh thats right you said that you would not change because of your position.
You might not have been born a female but you're one now. Or have been for the past year or so. And that's," Honorable Sam Campbell", don't let your stupidty transfer to disrespecting the position that he has held with honor.

But you have no idea with whom you're speaking. Don't let your cat out of the bag too much; I was just seeing if anything that was public information could get you to say something to further identify yourself. Little miss. The next time you're drinking, cut it short and you won't let that feminine persona escape you. Nice Christmas party though.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 15, 2011
is your ass that loose wrote:
<quoted text> You might not have been born a female but you're one now. Or have been for the past year or so. And that's," Honorable Sam Campbell", don't let your stupidty transfer to disrespecting the position that he has held with honor.
But you have no idea with whom you're speaking. Don't let your cat out of the bag too much; I was just seeing if anything that was public information could get you to say something to further identify yourself. Little miss. The next time you're drinking, cut it short and you won't let that feminine persona escape you. Nice Christmas party though.
You think you know me...Ha Ha Ha. If you did then you would know that I hardly drink and that I would not be at a party (Christmas or otherwise) that YOU would be at. Unlike you I do not crawl into a bottle and hang out at the Anchor Room or Carr Brothers.

And you have shown your true colors if you think that the Honorable Sam Campbell has served his office with honor. Maybe you need to look over the Judicial Cannons and Ethics again. A Judge is not supposed to get involved in elections. He/She may vote, but they are not to be involved publicly (For or against) any Candidate. Do a little research before you make a statement about how honorably a person serves. But then again YOU probably do not need to research that. There is nothing Honorable about the Honorable Sam Campbell. If you run in the "Right Circle" he will take care of you. If you are not amongst his circle of friends, look out.

Once again I am not and never have been female. I may be closer to you then you think. A wise man once said Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Something to think about when you are hanging with your so called "Friends". One of them may not be as close of a friend as you think.

Keep showing your stupidity. Eventually everyone will see you for what you are.
no no

Hopewell, VA

#36 Jan 15, 2011
why2 wrote:
winner where do you get your info ellis has a college degree that alone is more than held by some of the other names in the pot. 30 plus years experience in law enforcement,served the city of hopewell 30 plus years retired as a captain,and has proven he would be a equal hardass to all (no favorites) not saying he is only choice BUT he has the qualifacations to throw his hat in the pot more than some of the others named
Duke does not have a four year degree !
interesting

Hopewell, VA

#37 Jan 15, 2011
Yougottabekiddingme this is for you.

We're dealing with two groups here. One group is those that have; 57-70 years old. The other group is 40-53 years old.

If you would like to assess the entire situation, group A has to actually die before you guys can takeover. Your capital isn't strong enough to compete, first of all. You're trying to take claim of a city by restoring and adjusting the facade without developing the interior mechanism.

The interior mechanism isn't who's in now but who is going to follow. Just like the up and coming that you guys are, the allegiance isn't to accept you, it's to surround you, flank your position and the annihilate.

The biggest error is the accumulation of the park near the prison. Eventhough, technically not on the new administration's watch; still paid on it.

The most vital mistake is who benefitted from Osage not securing the 5 million dollars to ensure the city wouldn't still be sitting in a defecit from the clean up. If they would have done their homework, they would know that the plant to Osage was just a tax write-off; in which their federal obligations would be reduced by half.

When Hopewell gets stuck with a 150 million dollar property, who will they solicit? How much will they recover? And how much revenue won't be generating to cover the costs that will roll in for the school repairs, social service's building and the other less circulated projects?

Where as you see a complex problem, we foresaw a chance to invest in a withdrawal from the till. The thing about long money is that it's trail ends where you wouldn't think to look. It's easy to reduce the revenue but it's hard to replace. Capital losses get carried much better than you trying to sell and going one step forward to move five steps back.

The only difference this time is that you've already committed and the avalanche is sliding. You're asleep in your bed, the house is headed for a canyon and getting a few more months in office isn't going to cover it up. When the interests starts to accrue and the quantative easing gets applied, that's when you'll see the reality of the idea of putting the cart after a dead horse.

The fact that you're a closet homo should be okay by now. We accept you far right loons in the party; it helps the tally. Come out of the closet and stop running to Enon, screwing and sucking the Jr attorneys. Point of Rocks freaks..sway that bang to the other side.
interesting

Hopewell, VA

#38 Jan 15, 2011
And before you get all sideways in the road, Hopewell had very little to do with securing the Osage project. They just happen to be the first of what were supposed to be 5 projects.

Call Obama and ask him to allow the offshore driling that McDonnel worked out with Osage that was the main front for the 5 side projects. Once they were clearing 10 billion of crude a year. In return they would produce a total of 1 billion gallons @ a ridiculous costs of 75 cents per gallon regulated by uncle sam.

You can remain an imbecile but why would a company be told to sell the product they're producing @ 3 cent per gallon to sell it to themselves @ 75 cent? But not within the city limits? Everyone is so smart, stick to aiding and stop thinking that this plant will be any different from Kentucky's or Tennessee's.

Picture this: American investors send money India, money finds it's way to Hong Kong and Japan, it forms a company and produces an oil rig. All it took to get the plan accepted was for certain people to be against it. 50 years of public controversy doesn't mean that private conversations don't take place.

Words of advice: Never suspect that someone has to buy the vote; the hand that stays down is always the most important because she or he isn't responsible for the mess. Ethanol plant is about as funny as a seven-eleven built and sold, torn down, basically brand new materials sold as new and building erected in a different location. Closed Bids, Open Competitors.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#39 Jan 15, 2011
Your comments are for the most part correct, but most people over 57 years old are not for this crap. Only the GOBs that can get big bucks,and for what. The town will be ruined,and their chidren (if they have any)will get nothing to so for it but shihit for brains for parents. Money is nothing if you don't have integrity and pride. May they rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#40 Jan 16, 2011
VN Vet,
I agree with your statement. The reason that the Osage Plant was built was so that the GOBs could gain monetarily in the short term. They get what they can when they can, be damned the long term effects. I got mine you get yours if you can. If the Plant were to be built in their area of town, it would not have been built.

Interesting,

Once again I am not who you seem to think I am. Apparently you believe that I am connected to the Ca's office. I assure you that I am not. I live right here in Hopewell and do not frequent Enon. If I were a homosexual I assure you that I would not be in the closet. Just because YOU call me a closeted homosexual does not make it true.

Some of what you stated I could and do agree with. The problem that you have with me is that I have written the truth and you and your puppet masters cannot refute the truth of what I have written so you resort to calling me a closet homo. I assure you that I am not Joseph Waymack and am not involved with the CA's office. Let's just suffice it to say that I have worked around you and your cronies for many years. A person can only take so much under handed, dirty politics and back room deals before they feel the need to lift the curtain and expose the wizards for what they are. Tiny little men with a little bit of money and influence that are not satisfied with themselves. They sit back and suck in people such as you to the dirty work that they themselves do not have the intestinal fortitude to do themselves.

For you see it is you and puppets like you that do not have the guts to tell these little men to go fly a kite. If you want these things done, do them yourself out in the open. But why should they when they have followers like you to do it for them. Then when it all goes to hell these little men can and will point you the puppet and say it was all him, I had nothing to do with it. For you see YOU are the face of the puppet master. All the while the puppet masters stay hidden pulling the strings and the puppets continue to do the bidding of the puppet masters.

For all the brains you and those like you think you have you are not smart enough to figure out the fact that you are being used. And when your usefulness has worn off the puppet masters will discard you like yesterdays garbage. For you see that is what the puppet masters do, they use you for their dirty work so that when the proverbial shit hits the fan, they have plausible deniability. They will then leave you in a heap lying on the ground and you will not know what to do because the puppet masters have pulled your strings for so long.

You can change your screen name all you want, you and those like you, will continue to try and sling mud towards me and those like me. This is what happens when those that are in perceived power begin to lose that perceived power. When you let the puppet master control you, you lost what ethics and morality (if any) that you had.

Grow up stand on your own two feet be the man that you think you are and tell your puppet masters to do their own dirty work. Save yourself and attempt to rebuild your ethics and morality while you can. For you see the citizens of Hopewell are starting to wake up and peak under that curtain and they do not like what they see.

Apparently you are obsessed with gays or is it just because I do not agree with you and am my own man (Not controlled by the puppet masters). I should be flattered by your jealousy but I must inform you that you are not my type. Maybe you are the one that needs to stop visiting the puppet masters and giving them their pleasure. Come out from behind the curtain and ask for forgiveness. Stop being the Biatch that you are. Stop being a whore to the puppet masters. You may be surprised just how forgiving people can be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 2 hr Newland 11,705
Unarmed young WHITE Man shot by Black Officer i... 16 hr question 1
Huge Asteroid to Hit The Earth 21 hr WatchmanOnTheWall 1
Higher gas prices expected after refinery fire (Aug '12) Fri Tuco Blondie 10
Would you hire an unlicensed, uninsured contra... Aug 28 Buddy Mitchell 35
SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools Aug 28 Rife 1
Debate: Marijuana - Richmond, VA (Aug '10) Aug 28 salvismorey 114
•••
•••
•••