Hopewell Citizens for Good Government

Hopewell Citizens for Good Government

Posted in the Hopewell Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hopewell Blue Devil

Richmond, VA

#1 Nov 17, 2008
Today I was told about a group that Janice denton has called Hopewell Citizens for Good Government. Apparently she and other people in town are keeping an eye on our local councilors and administration. Any body know anything thing about her and her group?
Sally from Hopewell

AOL

#2 Nov 17, 2008
Janice Denton is a good hearted citizen who wants only the best for her hometown. She and other concerned citizens comprising the "Hopewell Citizens for Good Government" are doing the right thing by monitoring City Council/City Administration and communicating to the citizens. How else are we to know what's really going on at City Hall? Everyone has to be accountable to someone. Our elected officials should be held accountable to our citizenry.
Hopewell Blue Devil

Richmond, VA

#3 Nov 17, 2008
Why don't more people know about this grop? and what have they done?
hopewell

Sealston, VA

#4 Nov 22, 2008
Sally from Hopewell wrote:
Janice Denton is a good hearted citizen who wants only the best for her hometown. She and other concerned citizens comprising the "Hopewell Citizens for Good Government" are doing the right thing by monitoring City Council/City Administration and communicating to the citizens. How else are we to know what's really going on at City Hall? Everyone has to be accountable to someone. Our elected officials should be held accountable to our citizenry.
hey Sally from Hopewell could you get this group to look @ where that money for the fieldhouse went? don't we elect our school board members?
Sally from Hopewell

AOL

#5 Nov 25, 2008
I'm sure the group can look into where the fieldhouse money is and how it is going to be spent. The school board members are appointed by council.
hopewell

Sealston, VA

#6 Nov 26, 2008
Sally from Hopewell wrote:
I'm sure the group can look into where the fieldhouse money is and how it is going to be spent. The school board members are appointed by council.

DEAR Sally
there is no money left for the fieldhouse! the question is why did they let him "parker" spend it on personal items?
Sally from Hopewell

AOL

#7 Nov 27, 2008
Dear Hopewell,

Have you verified there is no money left in the account? How can we get the same information on the fieldhouse account that you have?
HOPEWELL

Sealston, VA

#8 Nov 27, 2008
Sally from Hopewell wrote:
Dear Hopewell,
Have you verified there is no money left in the account? How can we get the same information on the fieldhouse account that you have?
CALL DR. ODEM AND OR SCHOOL BOARD OFFICE, DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE IT IS. AND OR SEE RECORDS, IT SHOULD BE PUBLIC INFO! MY RESOURCE CAME FROM SOMEONE THAT USED TO COACH..... THEIR IS SO MUCH UNDER-HANDED CRAP @ THAT HIGH SCHOOL! GOOD LUCK! WE HOPE YOUR GROUP WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT! FOR THE KIDS SAKE...

“Jacob's Sookie”

Since: Nov 07

Hamilton,Va SOBX

#9 Nov 27, 2008
Greetings! I am sure a lot of you have heard about the Gloucester, VA recent defeat in court regarding the removal petitions.

Does ANYONE know where a template or a copy of the removal petition? If so, PLEASE advise.

Gaelic from New Kent.
Hopewell Blue Devil

Hopewell, VA

#10 Nov 29, 2008
Dear Gaelic:

Check Gloucester. Or check the Code of Virginia. You better get an attorney!
Mike Bujakowski

Warrenton, VA

#11 Dec 3, 2008
HOPEWELL wrote:
<quoted text>
CALL DR. ODEM AND OR SCHOOL BOARD OFFICE, DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE IT IS. AND OR SEE RECORDS, IT SHOULD BE PUBLIC INFO! MY RESOURCE CAME FROM SOMEONE THAT USED TO COACH..... THEIR IS SO MUCH UNDER-HANDED CRAP @ THAT HIGH SCHOOL! GOOD LUCK! WE HOPE YOUR GROUP WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT! FOR THE KIDS SAKE...
Wow, who are you people? I guess I know why "someone" is no longer a coach. If you wish to have information on the field house money (it still exists). Please call me, I will be glad to tell you what we have done, what we were unsuccessful in doing, and what we are planning in the future. All you have to do is ask!! To accuse Coach Parker of using the money for personal items is not only false but very mean and apppears to be fairly unintelligent. Don't bother calling Dr. Odom (proper spelling) or the school board, they do not have any control over the money, how it is spent, and since we have not met with the full board in some time I doubt they know how much we have. I am in the book and will be glad to meet in person and share this information with you. Please do not respond back to me here as I do not frequent this site. I am only here because I was told that someone had a question regarding the status of the field house.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing you and giving you the information you seek.

PS. Sometime the easiest way to get information you want is to step up and ask the people involved.
dogpoor

United States

#12 Dec 4, 2008
Mike Bujakowski wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, who are you people? I guess I know why "someone" is no longer a coach. If you wish to have information on the field house money (it still exists). Please call me, I will be glad to tell you what we have done, what we were unsuccessful in doing, and what we are planning in the future. All you have to do is ask!! To accuse Coach Parker of using the money for personal items is not only false but very mean and apppears to be fairly unintelligent. Don't bother calling Dr. Odom (proper spelling) or the school board, they do not have any control over the money, how it is spent, and since we have not met with the full board in some time I doubt they know how much we have. I am in the book and will be glad to meet in person and share this information with you. Please do not respond back to me here as I do not frequent this site. I am only here because I was told that someone had a question regarding the status of the field house.
Thanks, I look forward to seeing you and giving you the information you seek.
PS. Sometime the easiest way to get information you want is to step up and ask the people involved.
I am glad that Mike spoke up about this issue. Too many times people of Hopewell listen to what someone else said and think it is the gospel. Don't sling mud until you check it out properly.

HCGG is an organization open to all and meets every third Thursday of the month (usually in the library) and has guest speakers (city manager, dr. odom, councilmembers etc. etc.) with an open forum to ask questions and CALMLY speak your mind. Members of HCGG are usually at every council meeting/special meeting and have requested FOIAs (freedom of information) on how our tax dollars are being spent etc. The group needs more people to participate on a regular basis to help voice the citizens opinions to those that are elected by us and are running our city. Most citizens would be appalled by what has been going on in the last weeks and months. It needs to change and only together will it get accomplished. We have the right to expect form our council a fair, honest representation for what is best for us all.
Who

Chesterfield, VA

#13 Dec 6, 2008
test
Who

Chesterfield, VA

#14 Dec 8, 2008
Let me tell you all about the members that refer to themselves as Hopewell Citizens for Good Government.

The people that head up this group are mean spirited and thrive on spreading unfounded rumors that are hurtful and degrading to others.

Their rumors and gossip are unfounded and undocumented and are legally defined as slanderous. They know absolutely nothing about government, running a City or running a business.

This group is divisive and unproductive.

Each individual member of this radical group better be putting money aside for a legal war chest.
guess who

AOL

#15 Dec 9, 2008
I pretty much guess who made the # 14 comment.
Closet doors have a way of opening up and things falling out.
Is your closet clean????
Who

Chesterfield, VA

#16 Dec 10, 2008
guess who wrote:
I pretty much guess who made the # 14 comment.
Closet doors have a way of opening up and things falling out.
Is your closet clean????
My closet has always been clean. Is yours? Were going to find out.
Hopewell is Home

AOL

#17 Dec 10, 2008
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
My closet has always been clean. Is yours? Were going to find out.
Wow Who you sound like you are mean spirited your own self. I know some of these members and don't think the ones I know are mean spirited at all. The coupld of meetings i went to were good speakers and information nothing mean in it. I was told the group checked into money spent by city and that is right with me. Running government is using tax dollars which is our money and we should know where it goes.
Money for a legal war chest that is a bizarre comment. are you saying you know how to run a city? What rumors are you talking about?
Hopewell

AOL

#18 Dec 11, 2008
So who is in control of the Police Dept now ? Since Chief Martin is only there long enough to pick up his pay check every other week. I guess the Sheriff and the CA are fighting it out.
I feel sorry for our officer's. They have to watch their back's at all time because they don't know who will be stabbing them in the back. One of their own because they want to move ahead or the Sheriff or CA becuse they know what it is really like to be a officer, even thou they have never been a police officer.
Hopewell 11

AOL

#19 Dec 11, 2008
So why is it that our Police Chief does not support and back is own men up.
When a complaint comes in against one of your fellow officer's, you tear them down and dishonor them.
Mr. Martin you need to resign, you know nothing about being a chief and standing up for your officer's.
The crime in this town need's your attention not listening to wanna be Chief's.
ann

AOL

#20 Jan 25, 2009
chief martin is a nice guy in that he is a yes man to the ca and the detectives in hopewell. it will all come to the news sooner than they think. they just protect the drug s and get their cut. the people in hopewell need to expose them for what they are doing. need to get rid of the ca as he is not there for the people. try to get an appt to see him hes too busy dictating what he can do even to protecting snitches and murderers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abortion is Wrong Apr 18 Cry for help 1
Poll Would you hire an unlicensed, uninsured contra... (Aug '14) Jul '17 Obsession 42
See what Hopewell Contractor does not stand beh... (Aug '14) Jul '17 Obsession 35

Hopewell Jobs

Personal Finance

Hopewell Mortgages