Good employees leaving City employmen...

Good employees leaving City employment. WHY?

Posted in the Hopewell Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justified

Richmond, VA

#1 May 24, 2012
Just wondering. I am a city employee and I would like to know why good employees are leaving? You would think the city would try to keep them. What is going on in City Hall and Council that they are leaving? I know they just lost one guy that was practically a savior for us working folks.They should have tried to keep him. We will miss him because he was a good guy and worked with us, not against us. Good Luck John B. wherever you are.
And now the HR Director is leaving too. Is this the new trend?

Signed,
Discontent
Not wondering

Powhatan, VA

#2 May 24, 2012
Justified wrote:
Just wondering. I am a city employee and I would like to know why good employees are leaving? You would think the city would try to keep them. What is going on in City Hall and Council that they are leaving? I know they just lost one guy that was practically a savior for us working folks.They should have tried to keep him. We will miss him because he was a good guy and worked with us, not against us. Good Luck John B. wherever you are.
And now the HR Director is leaving too. Is this the new trend?
Signed,
Discontent
Have you been to a Council meeting lately??? Maybe you should and then you wouldn't have to wonder why they are leaving.
Sinners Syndicate

Carson, VA

#4 May 24, 2012
City employees, by and large, are like nursing home employees in the nurses aide status, fat and lazy.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#5 May 24, 2012
I have never worked for the city, but the city manager and "gang of 4"on council are as corrupt as anyone can get. Just watch what the council tries to do on TV if you cannot go to a meeting.
Justified

Richmond, VA

#6 May 25, 2012
Don't worry, I am looking. Family to support and a bleak outlook.

And to Sinners Syndicate, there are many city employees who who are not lazy. They work hard for little pay. Very underpaid. Certain council members won't get off the money for those employees. They have the money spent as soon as it hits the city account. Buji is all talk when it comes to taking care of the employees. just as bad as the rest of them, minus the only two with ethics and morals-Shornack and Walton from what I have witnessed.
outtatown

Richmond, VA

#8 May 25, 2012
My experience regarding one area of City Government is that there is a lack of good management styles to attract and foster employees. They are belittled, their attempts at creativity are quickly extinguished and there are perceptions of unfairness. I saw one evaluation that was the most unproffessional document that I had ever seen. It was handwritten; not typed. It contained many misspelled words, and writing sideways in the margins. There many dedicated and proffessional CH employees that have the best interest of the citizens in mind; but careful selection and review of supervisors may need some work!
outtatown

Richmond, VA

#9 May 25, 2012
Note: "professional" needed spell-checking!
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#10 May 25, 2012
Crap, look at Pelham. Works for the school system, and as dumb as a rock. Also as crooked as Point Of Rocks Road. She belongs to the GOBs, like Dailey.
Justified

Richmond, VA

#11 May 26, 2012
To "Outtatown", it's hard when the selection process is a joke. The word pre-selection comes to mind. I assume that "Voice of reality" is in the HR field, just like Buji. So what are your thoughts on the "pre-selection" within the city hiring process? Or should I say appointment process? I am also familiar with the jokes about the motivation. Sorry, but that does not apply to me. I will take up for my coworkers though and say this: Most city employees are disgusted and beat down.We all see what is going on with all the ackdoor politics, collusion, etc. This is the worst city council to date from what I am told by the old timers. They need to grow a sac and get Daley out because all he does is pit them against each other. You would think they were smarter than that. They seem to be only out for themselves (the 4) and not the betterment of the city. Still can't believe Pelham is still there after she was indicted and found guilty. The city taxpayers need to know that the city passed a resolutiion to pay her legal fees. She is the one who swore the oath, she she know what her job entails, right? She has been in the position for a few years. How can you be in your job and not know what it is? She should have to pay her own legal fees, especially since she was found guilty. Her own negligence she did not disclose her position with the school system. That is the question of the day.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#12 May 26, 2012
Pelham is a big part of the entitlement crowd. She and her ilk are owed a living and all that BS. That was why she was made "mayor" last time. Throw the dog a bone.
Sinners Syndicate

Carson, VA

#13 May 28, 2012
Justified wrote:
Don't worry, I am looking. Family to support and a bleak outlook.
And to Sinners Syndicate, there are many city employees who who are not lazy. They work hard for little pay. Very underpaid. Certain council members won't get off the money for those employees. They have the money spent as soon as it hits the city account. Buji is all talk when it comes to taking care of the employees. just as bad as the rest of them, minus the only two with ethics and morals-Shornack and Walton from what I have witnessed.
OK, I take it back, 80 percent
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#14 Jun 15, 2012
Who would want to work for Daley, or Pelham,or C.L-B.? Not me.
Justified

Richmond, VA

#15 Jun 27, 2012
Well, Well, Well..........Another valued employee puts in the notice. Mr. Tom Lacheny, City Attorney is going to resign. I am sure it is due to the corrupt city council and City Manager. An ethical person can only take so much. Believe me, I know. Oh and by the way, nice flyer Rick. You neglected to add the reason some of your female attornys allegedly parted ways from city employment.

Sincerely,
Another Concerned Citizen
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#16 Jun 27, 2012
Mr. Lacheny quit because he couldn't take the BS anymore. Between Daley, and Bailey, and Pelham(with Buji crapping on the side) who could lower themselves to that state? As far as Rick's employees leaving, it's because of the pay, dumbazz.
Justified

Richmond, VA

#17 Jun 28, 2012
@VN Vet.
Just shows your level of incompetence and lack of knowledge regarding what I said about the "female" attorneys. Pay may be a small part of it, but there are other factors involved. If you are as well informed as you portray on here, you know what I am referring to. If not, do the diggin yourself.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#18 Jun 28, 2012
I do know what you refer to, but as I have no proof of wrong doing, I do not accuse. Prove guilt, or refrain from comments! You MUST be part of the GOBs out to "get" Mr.Newman.
Justified

Richmond, VA

#19 Jun 30, 2012
@VN VET, Definitely not a "GOB" as you put it. I do believe they are the onespulling the puppet strings and bringing the city down.
As for my comment, I do know what I am referring to. As I stated to you earlier, if you look hard enough and ask the right questions in the city hall building, you will find the answers to which you seek. To that, ask around in the courts building as well, it was all over that building-all employees.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#20 Jun 30, 2012
I understand where you are coming from.It is just that I won't accuse someone on any talk that gets started around that cesspool. Innocent 'til proven guilty and all that, I didn't see it with my own eyes.
Patriot

Denver, CO

#21 Jul 1, 2012
Verification Needed:

Are military tanks and troops being stationed on Virginia I-95?

http://uswgo.com/are-military-tanks-and-troop...
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

#22 Jul 1, 2012
Sounds like some sort of conspiracy theory being circulated. Could it perhaps be a convoy? They run up & down the interstates all the time. Or perhaps the VA National Guard since the governor has called a state of emergency? The referenced article in Patriot's post goes on about FEMA camps. Get real, folks--not everything is a government coverup. Just sayin'.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hopewell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hopewell's School Board Budget (Mar '16) 2 hr just the facts 2
In need of help !!!! 7 hr Baltimore-boy0704 1
Truth about Cong. Brat's Statement on DACA 10 hr ConcernedCitizen 1
Beacon should have a dress and conduct code. (Jan '14) Jul '17 Obsession 24
Poll Would you hire an unlicensed, uninsured contra... (Aug '14) Jul '17 Obsession 42
See what Hopewell Contractor does not stand beh... (Aug '14) Jul '17 Obsession 35
Kenny Amos hasn't paid his court awarded judgem... (Oct '15) Jul '17 Obsession 5

Hopewell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hopewell Mortgages