Public hearing for East Fishkill cell tower might be postponed, not enough ZBA members

Nov 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Poughkeepsie Journal

HOPEWELL JUNCTION-- Frustrated East Fishkill residents will have to wait for another month for the chance to have a public hearing with the town Zoning Board of Appeals and the company that wants to put up a 150-foot cell tower in their neighborhood.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
nancy

Highland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

i dont live in fishkill..but let me tell all of you that do..keep fighting..we that live in clintondale fought not to put up a cell tower here..i went to plenty of meetings at the town hall..all of which were very heated. The meetings got to large so they were going to move it to the firehouse..but these meetings get heated..they are very smart..they wait keep putting them off for some reason or another..and the sneaks..get it in when the residents dont know there are meetngs..now about the dumb tower that i can see from my house..only in the winter..summer ther are lots of trees so i cant see it...but they also did a balloon test..and they did it when everyone was at work..so no one in the area seen it..second..they were suppose to send letters to all the houses in my area..there is only 17,,most of us did not get letters..third every day at about 920,,that tower is powering up..so i have to listen to that for a while..and when we had no power for 2 days after the storm..i had to listen to a HUGE generator 24 hours a day..even with windows closed it was loud,,i bitched about my house going down in value..wow they gave me a whole 100 dollars off my land taxes..nice huh,,i am sure this year they will get it back in double..i have never had any trouble getting any kind of signals where i live..but the person who rented the land to them claimed he did..so get a land line..and now he doesnt even live here anymore so he does not have to look a it..only collet the monthly rental from verizon...i had verizon..well once all this took place i took my business away from them...they dont care about you..or where you live...its all about money...so keep fighting and i hope you win..we dont need any more cell towers up..travel to texas and take a look at all the towers..its pitiful..tower after tower..and dont let anyone tell you they dont make noise cause they do...GOOD LUCK..AND KEEP FIGHTING
concerned resident

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Nancy, thank you so much for your support! It is indeed frustrating - especially when I hear some folks say that it will have no affect on our property. I've been called a tree hugger, militant and insane. I wear the names proudly! Please check out our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/nocelltowerhere
I think the folks that think this is "no big deal" need to hear from you.
E F Fishkill facebook

Stormville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

people have cell phones up to they ears all day.... that's ok but a tower over 500 hundred feet away and 140 feet in the air will kill you....we depend on cell phone now..... no land lines after sandy
concerned resident

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

We know everyone has a cell phone these days. Health concerns are only a part of it. This 154' tower will not only destroy neighborhoods and devalue homes, but it will also destroy the TSP (on the National Register of Historic Landmarks). The other major point is that this tower is completely unnecessary. There are other options. If anyone thinks their service in this area will be improved they are misinformed. Many homes will be at eye level with the top 60 feet of the tower - the entire array. If you want that view or believe there are no health risks whatsoever, then I suggest you look for a home next to a cell tower. If you think it's "only" 500 feet, remember that a football field is 360 feet. We all know that cell phones are a way of life. However, the towers simply do not belong in residential areas. Especially towers that are only going to provide 20% new service for one carrier in an area that is already served by many carriers (including the applicant). Are you on your cell phone 24/7? I'm not. I don't know anyone who is. A cell tower is emitting constantly 24/7. Big difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hopewell Junction Discussions

Search the Hopewell Junction Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 4 hr Habanero Harv 16,760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue Go Blue Forever 6,314
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Jul 4 dew4794 6,314
Review: Thoroughspect, LLC Jul 4 ronniepolansky 7
Review: Arlington Dental Assoc - Ira Stier DDS (Dec '08) Jun 17 unsatisfied patient 50
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jun 10 Cmon Already 754
What's the deal with Kind Pools? (May '11) Jun 9 Unknown 9
•••
•••

Hopewell Junction News Video

•••
•••

Hopewell Junction Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hopewell Junction People Search