Hoopeston, Illinois
GFY

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Mar 4, 2009
Full of history and stories that fascinate even those who have never heard of it. Full of people who have constructed it to build this history. The stories can go on for hours and they never get boring even when told over and over again.

Now if it's not all gone its on it's way out of town. I hate what this town is right now can't stand being there and hardly ever go back it disgusts me. Development? How bout starting from the bottom and work your way to development, the foundation is cracked and falling apart. How about being proactive instead of being reactive. All this "development" is is a reaction or what some might think is this wonderful rainbow, it ain't.

I admit that I am one who is at fault for leaving and not staying to stick up for the town I loved as a child and was proud to say I was from, not anymore.

Note to Hoopeston: Hoopeston, you want people to move there?, open business there?, spend money there? Why?

Answer those questions and you might see actual development before you start blowing smoke up peoples hind.

Ask a 15 year old in Hoopeston about the history of the town and I bet 9 times out of 10 all you'll hear is a bunch of crap. Proving that if that's true (9 out of 10) there will be no future of this town.
girl that lived there

Liberty, KY

#2 Mar 13, 2009
I grew up in Hoopeston as a little girl until I was 15. Then my family moved. I have came back to Hoopeston a few times, I even brought my 3 daughters there to show them where their mom grew up and the schools I went to and the parks I played at as a young child. I noticed alot had changed since I had been gone, not for the best either I might say. I thought the town had great potential for things growng up and now its went way down. It still has potential but it will take some work and take people who really care to make a difference.
GFY wrote:
Full of history and stories that fascinate even those who have never heard of it. Full of people who have constructed it to build this history. The stories can go on for hours and they never get boring even when told over and over again.
Now if it's not all gone its on it's way out of town. I hate what this town is right now can't stand being there and hardly ever go back it disgusts me. Development? How bout starting from the bottom and work your way to development, the foundation is cracked and falling apart. How about being proactive instead of being reactive. All this "development" is is a reaction or what some might think is this wonderful rainbow, it ain't.
I admit that I am one who is at fault for leaving and not staying to stick up for the town I loved as a child and was proud to say I was from, not anymore.
Note to Hoopeston: Hoopeston, you want people to move there?, open business there?, spend money there? Why?
Answer those questions and you might see actual development before you start blowing smoke up peoples hind.
Ask a 15 year old in Hoopeston about the history of the town and I bet 9 times out of 10 all you'll hear is a bunch of crap. Proving that if that's true (9 out of 10) there will be no future of this town.
GFY

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Mar 14, 2009
You know I just erased everything I just wrote because it's a waste of time. Girl that lived there thanks for expressing your opinion, it has meaning. What I wrote wouldn't do any good. It's sad.
girl that lived there

Liberty, KY

#4 Mar 15, 2009
For all of us that lived there at some point in our lives growing up as young children there can look back now and see a big difference in our home town. I loved it there as a child. I loved my little neighborhood and my friends and I really missed them alot when I had to move. I never got to say goodbye to them. My family up and moved without giving me any notice as a child. One thing is for sure though I would not have wanted to bring my children up the town it has become today. I am thankful for all the memories I still hold dear in my heart today. That is something I will always cherish.
girl that lived there

Manchester, KY

#5 Mar 18, 2009
Is there anyone on here that graduated from the class of *81*?
CornBread

AOL

#6 May 23, 2009
I did but i did not walk with the Class. email me @ [email protected] what side of town did you live on
HooterVillin

AOL

#7 Jun 1, 2009
Hey cornbread that ain,t your E mail address . What are you up too . Thats bullcrap. You puttin a E mail on here that is not yours.
HooterVillin

AOL

#8 Jun 1, 2009
Remember dumb shyt I Know who you are and I will let the ownewr of that account know you are messing with him.
Big Mike

AOL

#9 Jun 1, 2009
Hey dave thats fine I am on Yahoo now
HooterVillin

Danville, IL

#10 Jun 14, 2009
Mike I got a msg for you. call me i lost your number.
daisy

Mobile, AL

#11 Jun 21, 2009
I was back in Hoopeston last summer for the 1st time in 19 years. Now I know why I stayed away for so long. There was nothing there. Only Drugheads. When I grew up there Hoopeston was a great little town. There was things to do. Store you could go to. Downtown was taken care of. Now it is nothing but weeds.Even some of the people looked like they never take a bath.
HooterVillin

AOL

#12 Jun 27, 2009
Lol daisy . you should get a closer look around your neck of the woods last time i was down there you had the same problems
daisy

Dothan, AL

#13 Jun 28, 2009
This area is alot better than up there. At least we do mow the right of ways along the roads. And where I live we do take baths and clean up before we go to the store.
Twilightoftime

United States

#14 Jul 5, 2009
Hoopestons Hoopeston, we have our little problems, our drama queens what town does not right? First thing we really need to clean up the act starting with getting something here to support out town. Lot of factory buildings ready for use. Sadly, the city I dont think wants jobs or factories, at one time we had stuff going all over the world made by us, with pride. Silgan and Hoopeston foods is the last of the original factories, we could have more canning companies and if that could happen we would have more jobs not only just them but other shops and factories like Silgan would get more orders thus growth of other companies to support them possibly new shops for repair work will open and money for the town. The way I see it, if you live in Hoopeston and you want to see what can come out of a small farm town tell the council. If they dont want to listin keep your head up and keep trying. If you want it to be run down with no future or just want to complain about everything just get out!

Forget the worlds economy lets start with ours

“I'm not putting up my pic”

Since: Jul 09

Kankakee, IL

#15 Jul 7, 2009
Me and my family moved here back in 96 and since then since I've grown up to an adult I've seen the changes that Hoopeston has made especially job wise. My mom works in the shipping department at Screwmauchers and there are rumors everyday that the place is gonna shut down. I agree that Hoopeston needs to open buisness up. I mean hell we had Wiser and Pepsi come and ask if they can build on our growns but no Hoopeston had to deny them. All Hoopeston wants to do is build low income communities and then rather build jobs. I don't think there is 6,000 people that live here. But supposedly we are a generous community that I read in a letter to the editor of the just the facts. To be honest I don't think we are a generous community I think this is a shit hole town. My bad it's the people. Sorry if this offends some people but that is what I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoopeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know tiffany Taden (May '15) Dec 9 Curious 6
Kayla Petty Sep '17 Hoopriverrat 2
Milford Teacher Mr. Johnson (Sep '12) Sep '17 MHS student 47
Dead beat Father Martin Varela (Jul '16) Aug '17 You think you know 3
Brad Clifford (May '13) Jul '17 anomyous 5
narc of watseka (Sep '12) Jul '17 anomyous 31
New McDonalds (Jul '11) Dec '16 Abc 19

Hoopeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance