Hoopeston bar first to get smoking fine

Hoopeston bar first to get smoking fine

There are 48 comments on the The Commercial-News, Danville, IL story from Oct 13, 2009, titled Hoopeston bar first to get smoking fine. In it, The Commercial-News, Danville, IL reports that:

A Hoopeston bar has earned a less-than-respectable first in the state of Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Commercial-News, Danville, IL.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ugofreedom

Waterloo, Canada

#42 Oct 20, 2009
So McChicenshit do you really want us to believe you have always gone outside to smoke AND didn't know it was harmful. Or did all this fantastic behaviour start with the passage of the law. PALEEZEm
McChicken wrote:
Fact is, you COULD sue the bar for allowing smoking in their establishment. C'mon guys, we live in a world where some shithead can break in your house and sue you if you shoot him in the arm! That's why cops always shoot to kill, to avoid any lawsuits that might come up later.
Some of you guys scoff at lotterytix, he'll be the one laughing when he really does walk away with $30,000 because those idiots at the bar thought they were being cute and standing up for their rights. It's the LAW!!!! I can drive 100MPH all the way to Springfield, but you can bet the cops aren't going to care whatever BS excuses I have for BREAKING THE LAW!! I'm a smoker, and I don't light up around kids, and I don't have a problem going outside to spare others my admittedly unhealthy habit. I guess I'm just considerate, unlike the people at Deano's
Mazed

Campbellsville, KY

#43 Oct 20, 2009
Irrelevance wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep we know...you believe that you have the right to murder a smoker who blows smoke at you.
You do know you are a whack job...right?
Now perhaps you will finally answer the question that has been posed to you many times.
Just what others forms of smoke are worthy of murder in your twisted narcissistic mind?
How about a list of the top 5?
Yep, we know you will not respond because there is NO WAY for you to justify your bigoted criminality, and you can only attack people for suggesting that your criminal assault should be regarded as subject to self-defense.
dish guy

New York, NY

#44 Jul 30, 2011
ha
dish guy

New York, NY

#45 Jul 30, 2011
ha ha
VillageMystery

Huntsville, AL

#46 Aug 13, 2011
Mazed wrote:
If this new "vaccination" approach to curbing nicotine addiction works out (that is to say, proves both effective and safe), the day may be coming when repeat violators of smoking regulations are required to undergo the process.
This would make smoking useless in efforts to relieve withdrawal symptoms, because the stuff attacks nicotine and prevents it from getting to the brain.
The result would be that the lawless smokers would have no choice but to go through "cold turkey" quitting.
A fair number of them would probably be glad afterward to have the monkey off their backs, and the withdrawals would be an appropriate part of the "punishment" for the crime.
http://www.topix.com/health/smoking/2009/10/s...
Here we have the heart and soul of the anti.

What a sick piece of totalitarian garbage.
VillageMystery

Huntsville, AL

#47 Aug 13, 2011
This article is so disturbing to read because of the absurdity of what our society has become. The man having to hide his pipe and some stranger - some creepy agent pretending to have the right to harass people.

Government who wants to gain power will use the most pathetic and nasty amongst us to attack their neighbors and report on them. It's all been done before. We are not all Americans - we are civilized people on the one hand - and the rot that would destroy civilization on the other. The near future can all be predicted since it has all happened before, and before that, and again before that.

Since: Jul 11

London, UK

#48 Aug 13, 2011
I am agree with this..!
Well the smoking fine is a good experience..!
Closed

Emden, IL

#49 Aug 15, 2011
Close the bar you won't have to worry it then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoopeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad Clifford (May '13) Apr '17 Currious2189 2
Milford Teacher Mr. Johnson (Sep '12) Mar '17 JusttheFacts 45
narc of watseka (Sep '12) Dec '16 Heres some truth 30
New McDonalds (Jul '11) Dec '16 Abc 19
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Ver... (Oct '10) Oct '16 Cruppenink aka Mu... 187
Who is patrick riffe (Apr '11) Oct '16 looking 4
Need Resident help (Oct '16) Oct '16 nptwildcat 1

Hoopeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hoopeston Mortgages