Voters to weigh in on Rossville-Alvin...

Voters to weigh in on Rossville-Alvin reactivation

There are 1 comment on the News-Gazette Technology Stories story from Mar 31, 2011, titled Voters to weigh in on Rossville-Alvin reactivation. In it, News-Gazette Technology Stories reports that:

ROSSVILLE -- Six years ago, Rossville-Alvin school district voters approved a ballot proposal to deactivate the high school and send students to Bismarck-Henning or Hoopeston Area high schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-Gazette Technology Stories.

Since: Apr 11

Danville, IL

#1 Apr 2, 2011
It seems to me that this issue has a lot to do with politics and money. Unless there is no question that the high school can sustain itself for many years to come, why do this now? Why was the choice for the referendum a binding one and not an advisory one? Board elections coming up, too? Economy is in the tanker, and kids are getting a lot of advantages (that they WILL not be given at a new RAHS per the BOE own documentation)at the other two schools they attend for high school (HAHS and BHHS. Supposedly, even the R-A kids going to BHHS voted in majority NOT to want to reactivate the school. I don't understand this whole agenda. It SOUNDS good to say it is for kids, but look at the whole picture...how is this upheaval, chancy at best...for the kids? Even the facts about the enrollment declining don't support any efforts to open a school that could very likely have to close for good in two years. Do taxpayers really think this won't affect them? I'd like to know how others think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoopeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allegation: Channahon plant polluting (Apr '08) May '16 Read It 18
narc of watseka (Sep '12) Apr '16 Nothing Changes 25
Milford Teacher Mr. Johnson (Sep '12) Apr '16 Unbelieveable2 42
Debate: Marijuana - Hoopeston, IL (Aug '10) Mar '16 mark stephens 22
What does Hoopeston need most? (Nov '08) Mar '16 still hopefull 58
does anyone know tiffany Taden (May '15) Nov '15 Lilladee 4
michelle baker (Jan '11) Oct '15 slick 15

Hoopeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance