Dog at large VS Battery

Dog at large VS Battery

Posted in the Hoopeston Forum

Newer Resident

Danville, IL

#1 Jul 7, 2011
While attending court this am for violation of city ordinance I was told that I could plead guilty with the standard $100 fine with $80 court costs or plead not guilty and return next month for trial. While the attorney gave me time to think it over (this was prior to court starting), a younger lady with flip flops and a tank top walks up to talk to the attorney. She states "I'm here for my initial appearance". He states "what for". She replies "Battery". He replies "You can plead guilty and pay a $100 fine with $80 court costs or come back next month for a trial by pleading not guilty". I am APPALLED that someone coming to court on a battery charge was offered the same plea that I was offered for violating a city ordinance! I think something is seriously wrong with that picture.
Marko

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2011
Newer Resident wrote:
While attending court this am for violation of city ordinance I was told that I could plead guilty with the standard $100 fine with $80 court costs or plead not guilty and return next month for trial. While the attorney gave me time to think it over (this was prior to court starting), a younger lady with flip flops and a tank top walks up to talk to the attorney. She states "I'm here for my initial appearance". He states "what for". She replies "Battery". He replies "You can plead guilty and pay a $100 fine with $80 court costs or come back next month for a trial by pleading not guilty". I am APPALLED that someone coming to court on a battery charge was offered the same plea that I was offered for violating a city ordinance! I think something is seriously wrong with that picture.
I'm not appalled by it. I think you should get fined alot more than you did for "dog at large".

I'm surprised by the amount of retarded people that don't understand what a LEASH is. Of course, when your dog runs out in the street and gets hit, or bites some kid....that's not YOUR fault right? I mean, what kind of a person isn't constantly looking out for someone elses pet? It's not like YOUR dog is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, right? It's up to everyone in town.

I also like how you have to let us know what the other girl was wearing. I guess we're supposed to form some kind of negative view from a tank top and flip flops? When its 90 freakin degrees outside? Should she have worn a sweater?

Well, Trash is as trash does. If you don't like our ordinances, just don't come here. And for all of our sakes, try not to breed until you can handle the immense responsibility of properly caring for a dog. Otherwise, its obvious your kids would be running around in the street unnattended (of course, it won't be your fault when they get hit, LAWSUIT time).
Newer Resident

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 11, 2011
Well Marko, the fact that you're calling me trash w/out even knowing me tells me exactly what kind of person you are.
Why don't you stop jumping to conclusions and think for a second that maybe there was more to just the fact that my dog was not on his leash. Which he is ALWAYS on whenever we take him out.
This particular day happened to be my grandfathers funeral. The THIRD grandparent that I buried in the last 10 months. I inadvertantly left a window open (excuse me for not being overly responsible for one day in my life, while I was mourning the loss of yet another close family member!) in which my dog tore the screen. This is how he got OUT OF MY HOUSE. He was not free to roam the neighborhood as you so obviously think he was.
Had my dog bitten anyone, I would've taken full responsiblity. But he did not. Had my dog not had his shots I would've taken that responsiblity, but he is current on those as well. Had my dog ruined someone's property, I would've gladly offered to pay. But again, he did not.
My dog did scratch a child while he was out, and I DID go talk to the parents when I found out and I DID offer to pay for any damages, in which they replied "honey, its a dog, don't worry about it."
Taking action for my dogs behavior....How irresponsbile of me huh?
Marko, you see... I am absolutly fine with paying a fine for my dog getting out. Ultimatley it was my fault, and I have NO PROBLEM with being punished for this city ordinance.
However, knowing that people can be ARRESTED FOR BATTERY and get the same fine that I did b/c my dog got out.. yes I am appalled by that.
As for the tank top and flip flops.. Yes, I did point that out. B/c I happen to think you should have respect for a court room and those in it. I was in a dress on that same 90 degree day.. And I was perfectly fine. A tank top (and "wife beater" as I also saw) are not acceptable court room attire. Especially not for anyone hoping to be taken seriously.
So, in closing, Marko. I hope you have delightful day. And again, stop jumping to conclusions and saying rediculous things about people you don't know. It only makes you appear as ignorant, uneducated and the obvious, a complete asshole.
Just Me

Lincoln, IL

#4 Jul 11, 2011
I would first like to say to Newer Resident Please don't let the ignorance of Marko let you form a bad opinion of Hoopeston or it's residence. As they say every crowd has one, well I guess he's the one here. I totally agree with what your saying. To me this tells the public hey go ahead and whoop there butt you only have to pay $180.00 for it. Something isn't right here.
Redd

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2011
I agree. Marko just wants to fight and just was showing their ignorance. I think some of the city ordinances are stupid yes but so are the leash laws to a certain extent. I wouldnt want mine running around just for the fact they could get hit but some people are just plain stupid when it comes to animals. As for my comment...doesnt really matter if you dont like it or agree. I only get on here about once every couple of months so if you respond...I wont see it and/or care.
Drama

Lincoln, IL

#6 Jul 13, 2011
i think Marko must have some drama issues he's trying to deal with. What a fruit cake. He dude we all will say a prayer for your mental health ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoopeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allegation: Channahon plant polluting (Apr '08) May '16 Read It 18
narc of watseka (Sep '12) Apr '16 Nothing Changes 25
Milford Teacher Mr. Johnson (Sep '12) Apr '16 Unbelieveable2 42
Debate: Marijuana - Hoopeston, IL (Aug '10) Mar '16 mark stephens 22
What does Hoopeston need most? (Nov '08) Mar '16 still hopefull 58
does anyone know tiffany Taden (May '15) Nov '15 Lilladee 4
michelle baker (Jan '11) Oct '15 slick 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hoopeston Mortgages