19-year fugitive from Hoopeston, Ludl...

19-year fugitive from Hoopeston, Ludlow caught in Thailand

There are 8 comments on the The News-Gazette story from Jul 1, 2011, titled 19-year fugitive from Hoopeston, Ludlow caught in Thailand. In it, The News-Gazette reports that:

DANVILLE - Authorities in Thailand have arrested a former Hoopeston man and Ludlow superintendent who fled the United States about 19 years ago to avoid prosecution on charges that he sexually abused a 13-year-old boy, according to Vermilion County sheriff's authorities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Gazette.

GOOD

Girard, IL

#1 Jul 1, 2011
It's about time! Wonder how this trial will go since the one who was sexually abused is what 33 or so.
Insider

Waterloo, IA

#2 Jul 3, 2011
No trail needed, he was convicted at a trail held in abstention when he fled 3 times, brought back to US goes straight to prison.

Should charge and convict him on fleeing, but the feds will not follow through on that either.

Real piece of work, should never be allow around children ever in country again.
GOOD wrote:
It's about time! Wonder how this trial will go since the one who was sexually abused is what 33 or so.
GOOD

Girard, IL

#3 Jul 3, 2011
I agree he should be convicted on every thing they could possibly convict him on. But you are correct the feds will not do anything else with him. My prayers go to all of the victims.
hmmm

Champaign, IL

#4 Jul 3, 2011
Wonder how many upper elite will drop now that he is back? With all the corruption in the town 20 years ago, Im sure theres a lot of people crapping their pants that he is coming back. Lots of name dropping will happen and people will finally see everything for what it is. Are ya ready? Ever wonder HOW he jumped bail twice?? Ever wonder where all that money came from? Ever wonder WHY no one from this area pursued him even though EVERYONE knew where he was? Keep watching. A show is about to begin.
Oh and Im shocked that you all are celebrating ... he is eligible for parole in 6 years. Yep, you read that right. Cheers!
GOOD

Lincoln, IL

#5 Jul 11, 2011
How can he be eligible for parole in 6 years after all the things he did? That makes no scene but you are probably right after all they did no where he was at, but never bothered to get him. I'm sure there will be alot of name dropping.
Cannot resist this

Danville, IL

#6 Oct 23, 2011
hmmm wrote:
Wonder how many upper elite will drop now that he is back? With all the corruption in the town 20 years ago, Im sure theres a lot of people crapping their pants that he is coming back. Lots of name dropping will happen and people will finally see everything for what it is. Are ya ready? Ever wonder HOW he jumped bail twice?? Ever wonder where all that money came from? Ever wonder WHY no one from this area pursued him even though EVERYONE knew where he was? Keep watching. A show is about to begin.
Oh and Im shocked that you all are celebrating ... he is eligible for parole in 6 years. Yep, you read that right. Cheers!
I have to say it...
Does the name Dave ring a "BELL"?
Huh

Okawville, IL

#7 Nov 1, 2011
Dave Bell? That used to own Crown Ford? You Think He Helped Him?
ha

New York, NY

#8 Nov 2, 2011
Huh wrote:
Dave Bell? That used to own Crown Ford? You Think He Helped Him?
i am guessing thats the one they are referring to. The other Dave Bell in the area was just a regular loser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoopeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allegation: Channahon plant polluting (Apr '08) May '16 Read It 18
narc of watseka (Sep '12) Apr '16 Nothing Changes 25
Milford Teacher Mr. Johnson (Sep '12) Apr '16 Unbelieveable2 42
Debate: Marijuana - Hoopeston, IL (Aug '10) Mar '16 mark stephens 22
What does Hoopeston need most? (Nov '08) Mar '16 still hopefull 58
does anyone know tiffany Taden (May '15) Nov '15 Lilladee 4
michelle baker (Jan '11) Oct '15 slick 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hoopeston Mortgages