Dang

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2011

Can't anyone answer that question What does Hoopeston need? Without bashing everyone. Hoopeston needs alot more positive and alot less negative.
true

Washington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Well I guess nobody can answer without talking about some one else!
Marko

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

What Hoopeston needs:

1) A movie theater that doesn't smell like mildew, and that isn't used as a babysitter by the town's inconsiderate parents. ALOT of them.

2) A decent restaurant, key word:DECENT. Not one where the waitresses are rude, and they screw up your order 4 times out of 5. These places also need different owners, ones who don't think you owe them, or that you should eat there just because it's local.

3) A grocery store that doesn't charge $12 for a bag of cherries.

4) Less people that think a Skate Park is actually a good place for kids to hang out. Why don't you go to ANY other skate park in the state and tell me why that 12 year old kid is smoking a cigarette, or that 14 year old is selling dimebags of pot. If you think your town will be different then EVERY OTHER TOWN, then you are truly an idiot.

5) Citizens that can properly spell in their internet posts. You all hate on the school system, and it's very obvious that it is NOT up to par when half the population can't spell.

6) Find the source of the overwhelming sewage smell that hits you as soon as you get in town, and fix it!

7) Less drinking establishments! A LOT LESS!

8) Competent Police Officers that do their job.

9) MUCH LESS White trash!

10) Less people that blame EVERYTHING on someone else. No! The dogcatcher isn't after you!, No! The police aren't picking on you!, Yes! You are responsible for your actions. That cop gave you a ticket because you WERE speeding, not because they don't like you personally.

11) Less people that whine about the town council, then never go to council meetings or vote.

Things Hoopeston HAS

1) A sadly minority group of awesome people.

2) Beautiful homes on tree-lined streets.

3) A decent bowling alley, somewhere for KIDS to go to stay out of trouble.(not a SKATE PARK!)

4) SOME Teenagers that are great kids! They say please and thank you, hold doors, and are for the most part prove their parents did a good job.(these kids would never use a skate park, and actually behave themselves in the theater) Sadly, these kids only make up about 40%-50% of the teenage population, but that is comparably much better then surrounding towns.

5) SOME Parents that teach their children to be decent, responsible, and considerate. Sadly, once again, only 40%-50%.
curious81

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

you took the words right out of my mouth! I assume u have had the pleasure of meeting him!
Drama

Washington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Well Marko your just quite the Drama King aren't you. Your so perfect and such a piece of work yourself that you are able to fix all the problems..So why don't you go to a town meeting and suggest that the "white trash" be removed for your convenience. Hey those officers that do there job, now that would be great. Lets close all the bars then that white trash wont have anywhere to hang out. Maybe we should put up signs MARKO FOR MAYOR he has all the answers. just ask him. Hey let us no how the town meeting goes OK!
David JAckson

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

SOme one came to Danville and said the bowling alley was going to expand the dining room. Someone must be doing something right. I've ate there and the food and service was great. Wish the owner would turn down the air though it was cold.
Nice town

Bloomingdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Hoopeston is a nice little town, has a real good Mexican restuarant. I would like to see a nice steak house or a decent buffet....
wow

Washington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Nice town wrote:
Hoopeston is a nice little town, has a real good Mexican restuarant. I would like to see a nice steak house or a decent buffet....
That would sure be nice but I don't know that this little town could support a good steak house.
ohwow

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

This town doesnt support anything! It is full of druggies, drunks, dirty cops, farmers and idiots...the ones who dont fall into this catagory are just to stupid to see what goes on around them! Close the town down! A good Tornado would be a godsend!!! Cant wait to get out of here
wow

Morton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2011

ohwow wrote:
This town doesn't support anything! It is full of druggies, drunks, dirty cops, farmers and idiots...the ones who don't fall into this category are just to stupid to see what goes on around them! Close the town down! A good Tornado would be a godsend!!! Cant wait to get out of here
If you want out then go! It's that simple. Do you think the next town will be any different? I guarantee it will be the same. There is good and bad where ever you go. You just pray and make the best of it.
peaceforall

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want out then go! It's that simple. Do you think the next town will be any different? I guarantee it will be the same. There is good and bad where ever you go. You just pray and make the best of it.
I wish it were that simple! I have an ill parent and once he dies then I will leave this shithole! I have lived in other places and believe me there is more sickness....and by that I mean nasty drug infected alcholic..lazy...welfare loving scumbags in this town than any 3 town put together I have lived in! They breed to teach their offspring how to sell drugs...not work...and suck the system dry!
wow

Tremont, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Sorry kid it's still just like every other town.
correct

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

wow wrote:
Sorry kid it's still just like every other town.
He's right. I've been to Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Maryland, The Carolina's...heck, even in California I've seen alot of places that make Vermilion County look like Paradise! Why do you think so many people move away..and then move back. We have alot of problems..but there are stupid people everywhere.

You have to ask yourself, Would I rather deal with stupid strangers, or the stupid people I grew up with? The answer is often the latter. The devil you know is always preferable to the one you don't.

At least here (home) I know the who the good and bad people are, I know which restaurants are clean, I know which mechanics are honest, I know which neighborhoods are decent, etc. I have family and friends that can help me move, give me a ride if my car stops running,and just generally hang out with. You have no idea how valuable that knowledge and those things are until you have to start all over.
wow

Tremont, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

correct wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right. I've been to Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Maryland, The Carolina's...heck, even in California I've seen alot of places that make Vermilion County look like Paradise! Why do you think so many people move away..and then move back. We have alot of problems..but there are stupid people everywhere.
You have to ask yourself, Would I rather deal with stupid strangers, or the stupid people I grew up with? The answer is often the latter. The devil you know is always preferable to the one you don't.
At least here (home) I know the who the good and bad people are, I know which restaurants are clean, I know which mechanics are honest, I know which neighborhoods are decent, etc. I have family and friends that can help me move, give me a ride if my car stops running,and just generally hang out with. You have no idea how valuable that knowledge and those things are until you have to start all over.
AMEN !!!
No longer a jerker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

The Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how so many people think that American't is such a great country. I'd leave right now if I had the money.
Call obama. Surely there is grant money to leave and do a "study" he is giving america away piece by piece to china. Haha. So glad they opened the gates and allowed us to leave meth city ! Get out save yourselves!!! What an armpit!
Truth

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Jesus Christ
10% of men in Hoopeston go to church. Reaping what we sow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hoopeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Call Sperm 2014 49,274
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Thu whatitis 3,911
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Weneedchange 147
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 18 newpoly 1,898
Review: Dago's Truck Repair (Aug '08) Aug 11 Kyle ponton 4
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 nono 6,593
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Aug 1 Chicagobunny 528

Search the Hoopeston Forum:
•••
•••
Hoopeston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hoopeston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••