What Hoopeston needs:
1) A movie theater that doesn't smell like mildew, and that isn't used as a babysitter by the town's inconsiderate parents. ALOT of them.
2) A decent restaurant, key word:DECENT. Not one where the waitresses are rude, and they screw up your order 4 times out of 5. These places also need different owners, ones who don't think you owe them, or that you should eat there just because it's local.
3) A grocery store that doesn't charge $12 for a bag of cherries.
4) Less people that think a Skate Park is actually a good place for kids to hang out. Why don't you go to ANY other skate park in the state and tell me why that 12 year old kid is smoking a cigarette, or that 14 year old is selling dimebags of pot. If you think your town will be different then EVERY OTHER TOWN, then you are truly an idiot.
5) Citizens that can properly spell in their internet posts. You all hate on the school system, and it's very obvious that it is NOT up to par when half the population can't spell.
6) Find the source of the overwhelming sewage smell that hits you as soon as you get in town, and fix it!
7) Less drinking establishments! A LOT LESS!
8) Competent Police Officers that do their job.
9) MUCH LESS White trash!
10) Less people that blame EVERYTHING on someone else. No! The dogcatcher isn't after you!, No! The police aren't picking on you!, Yes! You are responsible for your actions. That cop gave you a ticket because you WERE speeding, not because they don't like you personally.
11) Less people that whine about the town council, then never go to council meetings or vote.
Things Hoopeston HAS
1) A sadly minority group of awesome people.
2) Beautiful homes on tree-lined streets.
3) A decent bowling alley, somewhere for KIDS to go to stay out of trouble.(not a SKATE PARK!)
4) SOME Teenagers that are great kids! They say please and thank you, hold doors, and are for the most part prove their parents did a good job.(these kids would never use a skate park, and actually behave themselves in the theater) Sadly, these kids only make up about 40%-50% of the teenage population, but that is comparably much better then surrounding towns.
5) SOME Parents that teach their children to be decent, responsible, and considerate. Sadly, once again, only 40%-50%.