Police, Fire Reports

Police, Fire Reports

There are 22 comments on the The Commercial-News, Danville, IL story from Jul 10, 2009, titled Police, Fire Reports. In it, The Commercial-News, Danville, IL reports that:

Here's a look at recent law enforcement calls: Danville Wednesday: A man arrested for possession of cannabis at East Main and State streets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Commercial-News, Danville, IL.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
midwesterner

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 11, 2009
dont the cops have other things to do than bust people for cannibas, like they are a danger to others or somthin.. Cmon people
allen

Danville, IL

#2 Jul 12, 2009
midwesterner wrote:
dont the cops have other things to do than bust people for cannibas, like they are a danger to others or somthin.. Cmon people
The idiot arrested was probably smoking it in front of them
Burt

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Okay. I know personally a young single mom and her 5 year old had a swat team burst in (1:30AM)and threw them on the floor while they ransacked the place. Dumped drawers on the floor even a big bag of dog food. They found nothing. Just because "a neighbor" didn't like the looks of her "friends"The young mom and her terrifeid little one were on the floor crying while this happened. So they did find some people but how many did they terrify in the meantime?
allen

Danville, IL

#4 Jul 14, 2009
Im sorry burt but you lost me. So who did they find?
Burt

United States

#5 Jul 15, 2009
There was an article in the paper about how they found a lot of drugs and people who used them but no mention of hope these raids were to the innocent people like this young mom.
allen

Danville, IL

#6 Jul 16, 2009
The innocent people you speak of might not be as innocent as you think
Dnap1211

United States

#7 Oct 2, 2010
Agreed!
Jenny

Paris, IL

#8 Oct 7, 2010
There's a cop in georgetown, il. his name is Brian Cornett. Well he is not a good cop. He pulls people over just because he doesnt like them. He then makes up some stupid excuse as to why he has pulled them over, then he brings another cop to take to the dogs around the car to check for so called "drugs" just to waste sometimes time. He is very abusive with people who are innocent. While arresting someone he gets very aggressive as to throwing them up against cars/ground/fences. He has even went as far as killed a black man from Georgetown,il. AND got off of it blaming his actions on something else! He needs to be off the street! He doesn't deserve to be a cop period! THIS MAN IS AN ABUSER NOT A POLICEMAN!!!
Gtown res

Tilton, IL

#9 Nov 4, 2010
Jenny wrote:
There's a cop in georgetown, il. his name is Brian Cornett. Well he is not a good cop. He pulls people over just because he doesnt like them. He then makes up some stupid excuse as to why he has pulled them over, then he brings another cop to take to the dogs around the car to check for so called "drugs" just to waste sometimes time. He is very abusive with people who are innocent. While arresting someone he gets very aggressive as to throwing them up against cars/ground/fences. He has even went as far as killed a black man from Georgetown,il. AND got off of it blaming his actions on something else! He needs to be off the street! He doesn't deserve to be a cop period! THIS MAN IS AN ABUSER NOT A POLICEMAN!!!
Someone apparently has been busted by Cornett. The whole Sloan thing was an accident. Sloan shouldnt have ran in the first damn place!! He was a criminal, Cornett pursued him in a foot chase in the middle of the night, Cornett tazed him (NOT LETHAL FORCE) and Sloan fell over the fence and had a heart attack or whatever which is what happens when crack addicts who already have an accelerated heart rate do something like run from the cops. They cause their heart rate and blood pressure to jump even more sending them into cardiac arrest. Brian Cornett is one of the best officers this screwed up town has. He isnt dirty, he isnt overly aggressive, I have seen him plenty of time respond to calls at the bars in Westville and had plenty of reason to use force if he wanted to on drunken violent fools and didnt. Everyone wants to bad mouth cops but yet they are still there to protect you and your family from the real scum and criminals.
Cuffem66

Danville, IL

#10 Oct 11, 2011
Not to mention that Mr. Sloan had just committed a home invasion...you know...where you kick in someones' front door while they are home. Then Mr.Sloan proceeded to beat the occupant of the residence. All while under the influence of crack cocaine. Mr. Sloan had several chances to be taken into custody without incident. He refused. The tragedy that occurred following had nothing to do with police brutality.
"Jenny" maybe next time you need the police you should call a crack head...
Jenny

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2011
I'm sorry fo posting such a hating letter bout Mista Cornett but it just aint fittin. Sloan was one of my boyfriends/business acquintinces at the time. I still think if Sloan had been white, committin a home invasion while high on CiA crack and attacking the po'lice after beatin those home owners, I think they would of let him go. If this not be racism, den nothin be racism.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#12 Oct 30, 2011
Cuffem66 wrote:
Not to mention that Mr. Sloan had just committed a home invasion...you know...where you kick in someones' front door while they are home. Then Mr.Sloan proceeded to beat the occupant of the residence. All while under the influence of crack cocaine. Mr. Sloan had several chances to be taken into custody without incident. He refused. The tragedy that occurred following had nothing to do with police brutality.
. You r so right!!! Amen!!!
The Catfish

United States

#13 Nov 2, 2011
I went to High School with a certain cop. I always loved how he constantly rode around smoking blunts with people who are now in prison for dealing coke. He even threatened a bunch of kids from South Fork, and 3 or 4 carloads of his friends chased them with ball bats after the Schlarman Game(the responding officer was a family member, so of course, swept under the rug).

I wish I could legally threaten, beat, and kill people because I was a bully w/ a badge, and then have the entire dept. go on TV and lie for me, but it seems to be more of a family affair.
The Catfish

United States

#14 Nov 2, 2011
Gtown res wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone apparently has been busted by Cornett. The whole Sloan thing was an accident. Sloan shouldnt have ran in the first damn place!! He was a criminal, Cornett pursued him in a foot chase in the middle of the night, Cornett tazed him (NOT LETHAL FORCE) and Sloan fell over the fence and had a heart attack or whatever which is what happens when crack addicts who already have an accelerated heart rate do something like run from the cops. They cause their heart rate and blood pressure to jump even more sending them into cardiac arrest. Brian Cornett is one of the best officers this screwed up town has. He isnt dirty, he isnt overly aggressive, I have seen him plenty of time respond to calls at the bars in Westville and had plenty of reason to use force if he wanted to on drunken violent fools and didnt. Everyone wants to bad mouth cops but yet they are still there to protect you and your family from the real scum and criminals.
u spit or swallow?

I'm only curious because your post makes it looks like you're missing alot of what's going on around you. I was just wondering if you had your head in a badge's lap.
Bryan Kornette

Danville, IL

#15 Nov 3, 2011
My pastime is driving in the parking lot of G-Spot businesses, pulling up the record of each license plate I pass. When I find someone with a record, I tail them and pull them over for something minor. I claim to "smell drugs," and say, "Are you serious?!" I call and sic a drug dog on them, and it always smells drugs even though none is ever found. How is that possible? It's like it's trained to bark on command, and the poor sucker in the vehicle thinks he's going to jail (even though he knows there isn't drugs in his car). So I search him, find nothing, but that's how I get my jollies. I do it for the laughs.
Hes pathetic

United States

#16 Nov 5, 2011
Bryan Kornette wrote:
My pastime is driving in the parking lot of G-Spot businesses, pulling up the record of each license plate I pass. When I find someone with a record, I tail them and pull them over for something minor. I claim to "smell drugs," and say, "Are you serious?!" I call and sic a drug dog on them, and it always smells drugs even though none is ever found. How is that possible? It's like it's trained to bark on command, and the poor sucker in the vehicle thinks he's going to jail (even though he knows there isn't drugs in his car). So I search him, find nothing, but that's how I get my jollies. I do it for the laughs.
We all know what your deal is.

Pathetic.
Hes pathetic

United States

#17 Nov 5, 2011
Cuffem66 wrote:
I'm surprised you haven't had a comment on this Piggy.
Cuffem66

Danville, IL

#18 Nov 9, 2011
Jenny wrote:
I'm sorry fo posting such a hating letter bout Mista Cornett but it just aint fittin. Sloan was one of my boyfriends/business acquintinces at the time. I still think if Sloan had been white, committin a home invasion while high on CiA crack and attacking the po'lice after beatin those home owners, I think they would of let him go. If this not be racism, den nothin be racism.
Really... business acquaintance...Mr. Sloans only "Business" was dope dealing and theft. Which eventually lead to his demise.
Cuffem66

Danville, IL

#19 Nov 9, 2011
Hes pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you haven't had a comment on this Piggy.
Nice...I am surprised with all the intelligence that your post exudes, that you could form a complete sentence. Name calling does nothing to enhance your credibility. There was a comment posted, one that seems to agree with my line of reasoning on the subject. I won't argue with you any further...it has been proven time and again that arguing with idiots only drags you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.(that was a put down to you in case you didn't comprehend.)
Redneck girl

United States

#20 Nov 13, 2011
This post started out to be about pot. Turned into cop bashing....bottom line is if you arent doing anything illegal you have no business opening your mouth.Usually the ones so outspoken are the ones that are the druggies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoopeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allegation: Channahon plant polluting (Apr '08) May '16 Read It 18
narc of watseka (Sep '12) Apr '16 Nothing Changes 25
Milford Teacher Mr. Johnson (Sep '12) Apr '16 Unbelieveable2 42
Debate: Marijuana - Hoopeston, IL (Aug '10) Mar '16 mark stephens 22
What does Hoopeston need most? (Nov '08) Mar '16 still hopefull 58
does anyone know tiffany Taden (May '15) Nov '15 Lilladee 4
michelle baker (Jan '11) Oct '15 slick 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hoopeston Mortgages