Fishing vessel voyages terminated for safety violations - KTVA

Full story: KTVA Anchorage
The Coast Guard terminated the voyages of two 37-foot commercial fishing vessels within the last two days in Icy Straight near Hoonah, Alaska. Full Story
scott the fisherman

Long Beach, CA

#1 Apr 10, 2009
thank you liberty..... now go after the rest of the out of state commercial fleet
Kwetcipenes

Anchorage, AK

#2 Apr 10, 2009
Before becoming disabled by working on life rafts and airplane slides, I make the suggestion that the Coast Guard inspects the boats and planes for the yearly certification of all inflatables. Throughout the many years in the industry, I have found that most airlines and boats DO NOT have their inflatables inspected at all! I was held legally responsible for the inflatables that I worked on; the air and sea industry should also be held legally accountable to test their inflatables. It's just another piece of equipment that is installed then forgotten!
Thomas

Gig Harbor, WA

#3 Apr 13, 2009
Why don't you publish the names of the vessels? Seems as though you are protecting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoonah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) May '14 Musikologist 18
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
AK Who do you support for Governor in Alaska in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '13 Nope 24
Looking for someone (Sep '12) Sep '12 Lorna Stolle 1
Debate: Casey Anthony - Gustavus, AK (Jan '12) Jan '12 Ana 1
Debate: Abortion Debate - Gustavus, AK (Jan '12) Jan '12 Ella 1
AK August 23 Alaska Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Jun '11 Fulltimer322 9

Hoonah Jobs

Hoonah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hoonah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hoonah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]