Joshua Lamy jailed for 40 to 80 years after killing woman, baby in DWI wreck

Feb 19, 2008 Full story: UnionLeader.com 47

Lamy was convicted of multiple counts of aggravated DWI, second-degree assault and manslaughter in the deaths of Sheila Moody, 39, and infant Dominic Emmons, who died 13 days after the crash. via UnionLeader.com

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Alan

Churchton, MD

#47 Dec 14, 2012
Child Sex Abuse at St Thomas Aquinas

http://www.scribd.com/doc/101933305/Fr-Michae...
brad woods

Oak Ridge, TN

#48 Mar 5, 2013
It is sad all the way around. Two lives have been taken. A mother and a little boy who will never grow to enjoy his childhood and teen age years.

A young man will be in jail, probably for the rest of his days on this earth. He did not willfully take anyone's life. He did willfully intoxicate himself until his judgment was so impaired to be useless.

I have seen cases where premeditated murders were given a lesser sentence than Joshua.

Everyone suffers at the hands of alcohol. Yet, courts often put people on probation, who have been drinking and driving. What kind of message is this sending?

Harsh punishment needs to be given before lives are taken, not after. Many find drunks to be humorous. I for one do not. Anyone who drinks alcohol until inebriated, is emotionally immature. Or maybe their parents didn't love them enough to teach them to have the strength of character to rise above peer pressure and not to drink alcohol. For whatever reason these individuals need help. Help before irreversible tragedy happens.

We live in a society where people think it is cool to drink and drunkedness is funny. I don't agree. I don't think Joshua agrees. And I don't think family members of those who lost their lives will agree either.

Will anything be accomplished y Joshua being in jail the next 40 to 80 years. Probably not.

Maybe more good would come if Joshua was in jail, say for five years, and forced to go through intensive psychological evaluation and behavior modification training. After this he could be required to conduct outreach to schools and youths in halfway houses and detention centers.

Whether Joshua is in jail or free, he will have to live the rest of his life knowing that two lives were taken at his hand.

Will more good be done by his staying in jail, effectively for most, if not the rest, of his life. Or will more good be done if he can get out and try to reach others, and educate them on drinking, emotional immaturity and peer pressure. Who better to teach others than one who has been there.

Te judge was certainly trying to send a message. But realistically few people probably even know there is a Joshua Lamy in jail for, most likely, the remainder of his life. However, if he could outreach to many, many others and teach them that yes, there always is a consequence to our actions. Maybe he could reach and help change the lives of more people when he is out of jail, than being in jail.

More importantly, maybe more lives could be saved.
bbb

Brisbane, Australia

#50 Sep 25, 2013
I seen one of the comments from the family of the lady who was killed in this accident... she said her mother was drunk that night and caught a taxi home... and she was pregnant!!!!! pfft do I need to say more...
Truth

Windham, NH

#51 Sep 26, 2013
Seyarra Lamy wrote:
Congrats to the selfish people out there who think my cousin is a killer.He's not hes nothing but good.I understand he killed two people and i would be upset too but how many of your kids drink ..how many of you drink..but you forgive them if they mess up.This is a wrong place at the wrong time situation but if you dont take my word email me and we will talk this through!
prpgal57@aim.com
Your cousin is a killer. It doesn't matter how many of us drink, or how many of our children drink. The only thing that matters is that your cousin behaved in a reprehsibly and callously irresponsible manner and murdered two innocent people, including a child.

The only thing wrong with this situation is that he isn't in jail for life. He should be. That woman and her child aren't going to get any second chances. Neither should he.
Sheilas daughter

United States

#52 Oct 5, 2013
I said my mother was killed, NOT that she was pregnant. The taxi driver was pregnant, so clearly you need to get your information right.
Tommy Curry

Atkinson, NH

#53 Aug 4, 2014
Sheilas daughter wrote:
I said my mother was killed, NOT that she was pregnant. The taxi driver was pregnant, so clearly you need to get your information right.
You tell em' Sarah..Proud of you..
Melanie

Cambridge, MA

#55 Aug 23, 2014
This is total "BS"!!! The Lamy family wants sympathy for what Joshua Lamy did? The Lamy Family needs a 730 exam!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Lamy was driving 100 miles per hour (drunk) through the city streets of Manchester. Speed that fast and almost causing the taxi to nearly split in half and The Lamy Family wants forgivesness? Give us a break!!!!!!

I believe in "KARMA' and karma is a "BITCH"!!! I hope somewhere down the road that The Lamy Family gets 3x's back of what has happened to these souls. The judge's sentence was to kind. If I was the judge I would have impossed greater than 40 to 80 years. I would have Mr. Lamy pay all medical bills, funeral costs, restitution among other costs like pain and suffering. Go to schools and talk to students of what he did and why he is behind bars.

Deep down inside, I don't think that Mr. Lamy is sorry for what his actions cost. He took the lives of a mother, an infant (people that had their whole lives ahead of them) and the total choas of the taxi driver and how her life ended up. If Joshua Lamy is/was truly and opened heartly sorry for is actions, then why has he not posted a heartful meaning apology in the newspaper for the public and families to read or wrote the families a letter of apolgy? I'll tell you why "COWARD"!!!!!!!!!! NO BIBLE IN PRISON IS GOING TO HELP HIM AND I HOPE THE GHOSTS HAUNT HIS LIFE FOREVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hooksett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr scirocco 119,692
any guys Thu bi6nib 4
Gay teen BBM pins Dec 23 HornyTeen99 1
bi guy wanting to try Dec 23 Muscleman90 2
Free adult dating site 100% free Crazynutt3rs.c... (Jan '14) Dec 23 chuck6973 8
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Dec 20 Angry White Unite... 312
Bass Pro Shop traffic backup (Mar '14) Mar '14 Anonymous 1

Hooksett News Video

Hooksett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hooksett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hooksett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hooksett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News