Local Newspapers Cover Rising Number ...

Local Newspapers Cover Rising Number of Racist Anti-Obama Actions in Small Towns

There are 4 comments on the www.editorandpublisher.com story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Local Newspapers Cover Rising Number of Racist Anti-Obama Actions in Small Towns. In it, www.editorandpublisher.com reports that:

Many conservative pundits and Republican officeholders on the national stage have reacted to the election of Barack Obama as a promising step forward in the history of race relations and democracy in the U.S. But gaining much less coverage from the national media are local reactions that are far less accepting and positive.

Away from the spotlight, many local newspapers around the country have covered recent incidents of racially-motivated reactions to last week’s election, from flags hung upside down to the dangling of nooses and cross-burnings. As we noted last week, a couple in northern New Jersey who had an Obama sign on their front lawn woke up to find the charred remains of a cross out there. Local residents today announced a "unity march" to protest the still-unsolved incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.editorandpublisher.com.

Strangelove

Rochester, NY

#1 Nov 12, 2008
F*ck you, Obama.

“Photo sharing!”

Since: Jul 08

Near you!

#2 Nov 15, 2008
Sorry but no president or congress is able to force people to like other people... We will soon find out why human races stayed away from other human species... Humans are of one family, but different species.. like monkey and gorilla are from same family but different species.
Viva Christo Rey

Vinaros, Spain

#3 Nov 17, 2008
I canĀ“t wait for Obama start taxing everyone and more police state-----Bidden says pay your taxes its patriotic......and maybe let you go to NASCAR once a year...

“Photo sharing!”

Since: Jul 08

Near you!

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Viva Christo Rey, at least we of USA are able to vote to have the president kicked out when ever we wish too... Then elect a person that will do the best for the best! Freedom is GREAT!!!! and Freedom of Choice is GREAT!!!! USA is GREAT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hello Darkness, My Old Friend May 24 samael 2
News Weekend may feel like summer, but Coast Guard w... May 22 Keweenaw 1
Friday Night Trivia? May 13 dmpine 1
Spanish language students group - meet to speak... May 6 Jim 1
KLM Landscape (Do Not Use!) NOT LOCAL! SHOTTY ... (Mar '15) Apr '16 Biteme 5
News TNT busts methmakers in Traverse City Mar '16 Sneaky Pete 1
Anybody know Joellen Milas Mar '16 Sarah 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honor Mortgages