Is negative Waikiki tourist NEWS supr...
HTA

Mililani, HI

#102 Feb 23, 2014
Visitor from ice box wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd suggest not letting the name callers defeat you. Topix is full of libertards that when cornered resort to calling the intelligent posters names.
After visiting your fine state I'll say there is but 1 (one) COP doing a good job on Waikiki. He parks his car near the statue and police station on the beach and walks the beach talking to customers, in the sand. He wears full uniform including the dark hat. He is a good COP doing good work walking where beachgoers appreciate his presence.
Five 0 could use more COPs walking all the streets of Waikiki. The bums sleep in hidden areas where a COP can't see them and there is no effort to root them out. Of course some of these bums are criminals that will injure folks to steal things.
If Hawaii wants to increase the number of law abiding tourists there is an opportunity to improve Waikiki. Implement a quiet time from 10 PM to 7 AM where all those noisy vehicles are banned from the streets of Waikiki. You know which vehicles: loud motorcycles, trucks, cars etc.
Make no mistake about it Waikiki and other Hawaii islands are a cash cow and improving same delivers more cash to the local economy. While at the Hilton talking to folks they are building 2 new towers and investing millions in the Rainbow tower rainbow.
The new Boeing 787 will increase the flow of cash to the islands.
Aloha
Yea yea yea just remember to bring more cash the next time you saved enough kala to come back.
same o same o

Honolulu, HI

#103 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Implement a quiet time from 10 PM to 7 AM where all those noisy vehicles are banned from the streets of Waikiki. You know which vehicles: loud motorcycles, trucks, cars etc.
Aloha
LOL, the one thing that drives me nuts are the loud and uncalled-for trash trucks. They are very loud, mostly because of piss-poor maintenance and bad design, and the drivers bang dumpsters on what seems to be on purpose. This is a subject I know something about. I worked for a trash company that had universities, schools, hospitals, rest homes, etc. as customers and it was in the contract that we were quiet,(read as in no-one complaining at all.) We bought "quiet" trucks and they worked great. The one time we used a loud truck {exhaust leak) during class at a university the county sheriff came to the company and arrested the manager! The company president's wife flew down by helicopter the same day with a checkbook just to save the company embarrassment and appease the town board. It cost the company a $500 bond fee plus a $15,000 penalty was levied against the parent company in NYC. I've yet to see on one these trucks on-island, perhaps Honolulu's dufus legislators should do something along those lines. Another subject altogether, but Honolulu's politicians impress me as crooks that don't care one bit for the public and actually feed from the public at every opportunity, evidenced by all the "no-bid " (read relatives) contracts awarded. The feds should investigate the graft in this town, it's both blatant and pathetic. On the upside, the cab and bus drivers are great, and the hookers are beautiful .
Visitor from ice box

Waipahu, HI

#104 Feb 24, 2014
same o same o wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the one thing that drives me nuts are the loud and uncalled-for trash trucks. They are very loud, mostly because of piss-poor maintenance and bad design, and the drivers bang dumpsters on what seems to be on purpose. This is a subject I know something about. I worked for a trash company that had universities, schools, hospitals, rest homes, etc. as customers and it was in the contract that we were quiet,(read as in no-one complaining at all.) We bought "quiet" trucks and they worked great. The one time we used a loud truck {exhaust leak) during class at a university the county sheriff came to the company and arrested the manager! The company president's wife flew down by helicopter the same day with a checkbook just to save the company embarrassment and appease the town board. It cost the company a $500 bond fee plus a $15,000 penalty was levied against the parent company in NYC. I've yet to see on one these trucks on-island, perhaps Honolulu's dufus legislators should do something along those lines. Another subject altogether, but Honolulu's politicians impress me as crooks that don't care one bit for the public and actually feed from the public at every opportunity, evidenced by all the "no-bid " (read relatives) contracts awarded. The feds should investigate the graft in this town, it's both blatant and pathetic. On the upside, the cab and bus drivers are great, and the hookers are beautiful .
Agree, trash trucks are very loud. Even where I live they ban trash trucks before 7 am but the commercial trucks still make the rounds tipping dumpsters. Very irritating in summer when attempting to sleep with windows open to save electricity and at 5 AM you hear the roar of diesel engines, hydraulic pumps and banging dumpsters. Trash trucks are made now with natural gas for power and are very quiet compared to loud stinky diesels.

One person like me is very insignificant but the noise along the main roads along Waikiki behind the beachfront hotels is recognized as a main source of noise. A condo was talked about along the road on national TV and the noise in front of the Prince hotel was noted as a detraction and a negative selling point.

A poster early on this thread seems to have the situation defined, Hawaii is a 2nd world state and working on improving. One area not needing improvement is the weather. Midwest USA has been below freezing since November with 2 warm ups and it looks like the first week of March will continue below freezing, no end in sight.

Local graft is the norm in 2nd world areas and with some political parties it's the norm all over the USA.

It's unfortunate the planned train won't run past the AP all the way to Diamond Head, assuming the train will be quiet it would make an improvement in noise with fewer cars and busses and cabs. Trash trucks would remain however.

Maybe things will improve going forward.

Mahalo
Steve Hueben

Honolulu, HI

#105 Feb 24, 2014
same o same o wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything bothers you so move back to your former "paradise"....just sayin'
nailed it

Canyon Country, CA

#106 Feb 24, 2014
same o same o wrote:
<quoted text> I take it you are referring to me, as I'm a newcomer to Topix. I was referred to this site by someone that lurks but doesn't post, and thought I'd give it a try. The few times I posted I was immediately attacked and called vile names for stating my opinions, so I don't think I'll be here very long at all. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if this is a passing thing, but the posters from the left wing seem like they like to attack any opposing opinions instead of debating or even conversing. It seems to me that there are not many posters here, but the ones that are here post under many different handles and tend to repeat themselves under different names in order to appear like there are many of them on "their side". Most of all there is "Alice," who you can encounter on many different forums around the country, although the Hawaii Alice appears to be a fake. I believe the real Alice was employed by the forums but stopped posting on a lot of forums some months or years ago, and posted from somewhere in central USA.
alice is a felon with no job and a wooden pita.
Steve Hueben

Honolulu, HI

#107 Feb 24, 2014
same o same o wrote:
<quoted text> I take it you are referring to me, as I'm a newcomer to Topix. I was referred to this site by someone that lurks but doesn't post, and thought I'd give it a try. The few times I posted I was immediately attacked and called vile names for stating my opinions, so I don't think I'll be here very long at all. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if this is a passing thing, but the posters from the left wing seem like they like to attack any opposing opinions instead of debating or even conversing. It seems to me that there are not many posters here, but the ones that are here post under many different handles and tend to repeat themselves under different names in order to appear like there are many of them on "their side". Most of all there is "Alice," who you can encounter on many different forums around the country, although the Hawaii Alice appears to be a fake. I believe the real Alice was employed by the forums but stopped posting on a lot of forums some months or years ago, and posted from somewhere in central USA.
You are a poor excuse for a fake and you act like a mouse while in a rat's skin.
JRB

Santa Ana, CA

#108 Feb 24, 2014
This Ice Box Dandy is as phony as my eight inch baloney.
same o same o

Honolulu, HI

#109 Feb 24, 2014
Steve Hueben wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything bothers you so move back to your former "paradise"....just sayin'
Now THAT'S the answer I expect !
Guru

Kaneohe, HI

#110 Feb 24, 2014
JRB wrote:
This Ice Box Dandy is as phony as my eight inch baloney.
you used the wrong measuring units - should be centimeters instead of inches...
same o same o

Honolulu, HI

#111 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Agree, trash trucks are very loud. Even where I live they ban trash trucks before 7 am but the commercial trucks still make the rounds tipping dumpsters. Very irritating in summer when attempting to sleep with windows open to save electricity and at 5 AM you hear the roar of diesel engines, hydraulic pumps and banging dumpsters.
It's not practical to pick up during daylight hours in a tourist area, so banning the trucks would only create more traffic. There are systems to deal with the smell, and I've seen them on trucks here, but the company owners are too cheapo to supply the correct materials and the lawmakers don't enforce the rules about using them. We would've been fined $500 per dumpster for leaving a smelly dumpster, and the one time we did use a different chemical at a school kitchen we were indeed reported and fined. The boss had bought cheap chemicals and tried to pocket the savings, lol. It all comes down to taking responsibility, which no-one in Hawaii wants to do. The hydraulic pumps do create a lot of noise, like a groaning, but that is solve-able. I think it entails using larger diameter lines and better valving, but that's just a guess. Either way, it's do-able and has been for thirty years. We used dumpster trucks that do not Bang the dumpsters because instead of lifting them overhead, they merely raised them six inches and pivoted them. That eliminates the loud hydraulic groan you hear when the dumpster is lifted over the cab while dumping trash all over the place. The other difference is that the dumpsters had rubber wheels so they could be silently rolled to the truck instead of all the clanging and banging, and scraping that you hear today, "because my uncle John Boy did it this way, and if you don't like it, go back to da mainland, Haole."
Steve Hueben

Honolulu, HI

#112 Feb 24, 2014
same o same o wrote:
<quoted text> Now THAT'S the answer I expect !
Topix has helped your brain become mushy and unclear. You reap what you sow brah.
kim

Honolulu, HI

#113 Feb 24, 2014
The man shot by the federal investigator in Waikiki was a local. Tourists are not the only ones at risk in Waikiki. A beggar came up to me at the bus stop and got pretty aggressive until I said- all I have is a bus pass. He knodded- AND GOT ON THE BUS. Every place is dangerous.
bobo

Honolulu, HI

#114 Feb 24, 2014
kim wrote:
The man shot by the federal investigator in Waikiki was a local. Tourists are not the only ones at risk in Waikiki. A beggar came up to me at the bus stop and got pretty aggressive until I said- all I have is a bus pass. He knodded- AND GOT ON THE BUS. Every place is dangerous.
Post of the Week.
Spare some change

Mililani, HI

#115 Feb 24, 2014
kim wrote:
Aggressive beggars are horny buggas. 4 real
Just saying

Mililani, HI

#116 Feb 24, 2014
nailed it wrote:
<quoted text>
alice is a felon with no job and a wooden pita.
One look at Alice and even a old senile bastid like you would get a boner. When was the last time the little fella did that grandpa?
nailed it

Canyon Country, CA

#117 Feb 24, 2014
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>One look at Alice and even a old senile bastid like you would get a boner. When was the last time the little fella did that grandpa?
...with your wife.
Francine

Mililani, HI

#118 Feb 25, 2014
nailed it wrote:
<quoted text>
...with your wife.
After witnessing what Mrs Guru(insatiable nympho) turn into I am sewing my punani puka up for good. Talk about a overused orifice?
Visitor from ice box

Waipahu, HI

#119 Feb 26, 2014
Another body has floated ashore on Waikiki.

In the past couple of weeks:

a woman was mugged and might die from injuries,

a man was found floating among boats off the marina,

a man was stabbed by the Hilton (never reported in media),

someone fell/pushed/jumped off a hotel onto an ABC store roof,

a man floats ashore on Waikiki dead..

Serial killer.

Again, signs are needed waning tourists of the threat posed by the killer or killers.

We get warning signs of sharks off shore why not killers on shore?

alice

Honolulu, HI

#120 Feb 26, 2014
a woman was mugged and might die from injuries,
a man was found floating among boats off the marina,
a man was stabbed by the Hilton (never reported in media),
a man floats ashore on Waikiki dead..
Serial killer.
Again, signs are needed waning tourists of the threat posed by the killer or killers.
We get warning signs of sharks off shore why not killers on shore?
What you'll never read about is how after they catch the guy there will be a big trial and sentencing, then the liberals on the parole board will release him in a few weeks, And people like Willy Espero and Abercrombie will say if only we pay higher taxes so some government agency can offer "pogroms" that they'll be able to make the bad man stop .
Joe Schmeaux

United States

#121 Feb 26, 2014
"Pogroms"? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 2 hr District 1 1,312
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 2 hr District 1 331
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 2 hr District 1 389
Hawaii is an embarrassment 5 hr Boycott Shyit wtr... 25
Trump doesn't sleep with his wife EVER___He Mus... 6 hr Paul Manafort 6
Aloha Akbar 7 hr District 1 2
check-this-out 10 hr American_Infidel 8

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance