City halts rail construction

Aug 28, 2012 Full story: KITV-TV 8

Major work on Honolulu's rail project is halted, following a high court ruling that found the state should not have let construction begin until an archeological survey was complete.

Read more
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#1 Aug 28, 2012
Carlisle should be tied to one of the pillars and whipped.
The amount of beating based on the millions of dollars of contracts he carelessly signed and we may be stuck with.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 28, 2012
We'll be paying all the bills for years to come, he designed it that way. That is our punishment for bucking the democrats. Remember them when you write out your taxes and say, "Thank You for stealing from me and wasting all that money on your contractor buddies so you can stay in power."
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#3 Aug 28, 2012
The story going around is that Kiewit will make more $$$$ in the end because all the contracts awarded to them are in their favor.
So it is to their good that it is shut down.

The expected cost for MUFI HANNEMAN'S steel on steel project has grown from $5 billion to $7 billion.

One alternate would cost 1/5 the price and have 10% riders.
Carlisle is a moron

Honolulu, HI

#4 Aug 28, 2012
Carlisle was the worst mayor ever. Pissed off the bus riders by cutting the bus schedule, pissed off the parkgoers who had to deal with the Ocuppy losers, pissed off the anti-rail people which is 99.99% of the people. Thank God!!! he's out.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 28, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
The story going around is that Kiewit will make more $$$$ in the end because all the contracts awarded to them are in their favor.
The expected cost for MUFI HANNEMAN'S steel on steel project has grown from $5 billion to $7 billion.
Kewitt got the contract and it was an inside deal with Hanneman. The lawsuits have just begun, and you watch the BILLIONS of dollars in court judgements that will be going to one California firm. Hanneman doesn't care, his part of it is over, he's rich!
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#6 Aug 28, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
See how stupid anti-rail people like you are? Now we pay billions and get NOTHING for the money. Mahalo U BYTCH

Location hidden

#7 Aug 28, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text> See how stupid anti-rail people like you are? Now we pay billions and get NOTHING for the money. Mahalo U BYTCH
Hey, we tried to warn you bitches, the people do not want the rail!
eager beaver

United States

#8 Aug 29, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text> See how stupid anti-rail people like you are? Now we pay billions and get NOTHING for the money. Mahalo U BYTCH
You can't teach stupidity it is a family learnt behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protesting Blacks Just Don't Understand "Mess w... 44 min District 1 70
Har har har har (Apr '14) 5 hr Hyena 4 74
Full-Blooded Hawaiians - The disappearing race (May '08) 15 hr Joe 85
News Public hearings slated for proposed water rate ... 15 hr Joe 2
SNOOPES exposed as liberal hack site (Jan '14) Thu anonymous 24
Abercrombie: "I am who I am." Mar 25 District 1 3
OBAMA COUNTDOWN for DAYS LEFT In Office UNTIL N... (Jan '14) Mar 25 Joe 1,814
Honolulu Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web