Deepest Hell is too Good for Adam Lanza

Posted in the Honolulu Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
District 1

Wailuku, HI

#1 Dec 16, 2012
Lanza is a monster, not some misunderstood youth.
Fictional villains like Darth Vader and Voldemort are less evil.
Historical villains like Adolph Hitler, Charlie Manson and Caligula would be freaked out by Lanza's heinous deeds.
Adam Lanza would be bytch-slapped by Jesus if they lived as contemporaries.

The Sandy Hook Elementary Massacre is off the charts, and should serve as a wake up call to those who believe in the inherent goodness of humans beings. Likewise they should also be cognizant of the depravity to which humans are capable.
Dr Stienberg

Toronto, Canada

#2 Dec 17, 2012
And arrogance has once again has proved to induce only hate on things that people dont understand.^^^
The young man was mentally ill and perhaps was unaware of the impact of his actions.
People like you breed a generation of miserable people (District 1) and therefore its you who play a factor to tragedies like these.
Please assess yourself.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 17, 2012
Dr Stienberg wrote:
The young man was mentally ill and perhaps was unaware of the impact of his actions.
You keep convincing yourself of that and we'll keep seeing it happen. Adolf had the right idea, where you want to ensure we always have a supply of nutcases for pets for you to pore over.
District 1

Wailuku, HI

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Please assess yourself, Herr "Doktor."
For someone supposedly "educated" you sure don't understand the futility of posting "professional" advice on a message board.
You want to talk about hate, yet refuse to focus on the evil men do.

Self-check your paradigm, sir.
Mrs-M

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#5 Dec 17, 2012
As a mom of a teenager myself, I can only imagine the horror and loneliness that comes with raising a child that has a mental illness. The unconditional love that a mother has for her child, is something that can never be lost - and yet, how do you explain that to an outside world that only sees your child as a cold blooded inexcusable murderer? I can imagine mothers that have children who have mental issues - they want to help their child escape from that dark nightmare of a life, yet have done the best they can do, with the help of modern meds, psychiatrists, counselors...they hope and pray that their child never becomes a mass murderer - let alone hurt anyone. They wish there was a miracle cure for their child, wish that there truly is a God that has compassion, although her child was not born like their neighbors'kids - happy, normal, loving, non violent. I can't imagine the life of a mother, with a child so disturbed, the possibility of him or her becoming another Adam could be a fact of reality. We have no clear cut answer as to how to eliminate these kinds of horrific tragedies...but there must be SOME hint of a solution, as not all societies around the world have these constant, rampant mass shootings as we do in the US....something is happening, something very very sinister...to our youth. If we don't know WHY...and we continue to not figure it out...this great country of ours will choke on it's own freedoms...

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#6 Dec 18, 2012
His mother is imagining NOTHING anymore. Four bullets to the head ensured that.
There is one solution for mental illness, especially the inherited kind of illness, but no-one wants to face it because of Hitler.
The youth isn't sick, they are being raised sick. "Smoke a joint with mom and let's listen to some Hip-Hop while we wait for our gummint check."
District 1

Wailuku, HI

#7 Dec 18, 2012
Mrs-M wrote:
... not all societies around the world have these constant, rampant mass shootings as we do in the US....something is happening, something very very sinister...to our youth. If we don't know WHY...and we continue to not figure it out...this great country of ours will choke on it's own freedoms...
Other "societies" have genocide, mass stabbings of school children (China), female genital mutilation, child slavery, child soldiers, suicide bombers, civil war, and any number of social ills certainly NOT present in the US.
What happened with this inhuman monster, while off the charts here and now, is not particularly far afield from what other monsters have done in other parts of the world at other points in history.
The problems is much too convoluted for any one fix to make it go away. Multiple factors besides the obvious gun control/psychoactive meds/bad parenting/school security issues are likely also present.
Any reporter/politician/organizati on/lobby/rhetoretician who singles out one or the other is simply pushing an agenda, and not actually helping.
Dr Sanchez

Toronto, Canada

#8 Dec 18, 2012
Look...aside from the philosopher chick and the jew....YOU GUYS ARE ALL A BUNCH OF ARROGANT REDNECKS.
Deadmau5

Toronto, Canada

#9 Dec 18, 2012
This morning i saw a little girl demand that the second amendment be abolished. Just now...I see two trailer park rats try to reason with genocide....

I feel like society has failed all of these people and the little girl. And it starts with a high population of retards living amongst us.
Mr Peter Chan Lau

Toronto, Canada

#10 Dec 18, 2012
LOL^
We asian people are against violence against innocent people. Including the children and the shooter.
District 1

Wailuku, HI

#11 Dec 19, 2012
Yaaaawwn...

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#12 Dec 19, 2012
Mr Peter Chan Lau wrote:
LOL^
We asian people are against violence against innocent people. Including the children and the shooter.
Nan King, Phillipines, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, How many millions, Cupcake?
Mrs-M

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#13 Dec 21, 2012
District 1: you are right. I do agree. I didn't mean to sound as though the world is perfect outside of the US. But it is not the America I grew up knowing. Yes, we had weirdos in the 60s and 70s too. But nothing like this. It frightens me that these kinds of incidents have become so common now, that it has become almost a trademark of what other parts of the world may wrongly see as what we Americans are all about. It's just sad. Can't wrap my mind around it. And it's kids that are doing this many of the times - kids that adults are responsible in raising...do we blame the meds that are so easily prescribed from a young age? I listen to people around me that claim their son or daughter has ADHD and all that as though it is the common flu., and put on strong meds without a thought of what can happen in the long run. Did ADHD exist when I was a kid? Maybe it didn't have a name back then. It's almost like it's the in thing to say your kid has ADHD, honestly it is funny how most people around me claim their kid has it. I know Lanza's situation was not ADHD, but I am just using ADHD as an example of one of the things meds are so easily prescribed from such a young age. Ritalin is also prescribed so easily to young kids for depression. It's a scary world.
Mrs-M

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#14 Dec 21, 2012
I also think, no matter where you go in the world, you do trade your old problems of society with new ones...there is always something screwed up with the system where ever you go...it's perspective. But whatever society we are in, there is always the inner household - family life - that gets scrutinized first. Sometimes I see how friends are raising their kids...and I can just see the making of a disturbed child. But they think as parents, they are doing a great job. What do you say? Over controlling parents, judgmental parents, enabling parents...who do be blame really..
Mrs-M

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#15 Dec 21, 2012
Well then I read later that Asperger Syndrome is not related to violent behavior...OH WELL...now what.
SO....my thoughts on the mental issue with Lanza...has now shifted.

20 years of life on earth. To end in vain. We all start with basically the same goal - to make it all worthwhile in one way or another. To add to the meaning of it all.

To shoot your own mother. Really - what did she do to deserve that, Adam? They say you didn't ''snap''- and that everything you did showed you thought it all out...
District 1

Wailuku, HI

#16 Dec 21, 2012
I suppose my main assertion is that if this becomes only about guns (as appears to be the case in the media) then it just becomes politicized--and the tragedy becomes one-dimensional. The net result is that nothing *really* will change to prevent further such events.

Lanza was a monster in the same sense that families of violent criminals will say at trial "He's a good boy." They had a hand in creating the events that occurred, and never realize their role. Part of it is parenting.

Part of it is mental health services. To say Lanza was deranged may seem anachronistic and inexact, but someone should have seen that he was capable of great harm to himself and others--that's a basic skill of mental health workers, so why did he fall through the cracks? The overuse of drugs, and the side effects of such drugs is absolutely part of the problem, not just for Lanza, but for the many thousands of suicides and smaller scale homicides related to psychactive drugs, legal and otherwise.

Part of it is certainly ready and broad access to highly lethal weaponry. The NRA, with all its resources, should be preaching not just gun safety from the perspective of "never point a gun at anything you aren't willing to kill," and shift to promoting mental health awareness (and self-awareness, too), safe keeping strategies like requiring proof and registration of adequate gun safes in the home as part of the licensing process), sponsoring non-profit community armories, and other "gun responsible" strategies to limit access to the "wrong person" in times of temporary crisis.

And yes, to shoot your own mother--and then slaughter innocents? Lanza's goal must have been to inflict as much horror and suffering into the broad world as possible--that is the definition of "monster" in my book.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#17 Dec 21, 2012
LOOK, the kid was raised without his father. Say what you want, but kids need a father in their lives. New Age Mom spoiled the kid all his life and the kid grew up as a spoiled brat. People want to assign a new-age "disease" to the kid nowadays to cover their own non-parenting asses, but the fact is that kids need both parents, some responsibility (as in chores) and an ass-whipping when they need it. Until parents start parenting again, this stuff is going to get worse.
District 1

Wailuku, HI

#18 Dec 21, 2012
What you assert is only one issue. This is a multi-faceted event--perhaps a perfect storm of gun policy, parenting, social service system and mental health all failing in their way.

Heck, you can even throw school security procedures in there because he was apparently "buzzed in" because someone knew who he was.

I would have liked to have heard the NRA propose partnerships with communities to establish trusty, local militias modeled after Civil Air Patrol to provide gun safety, shooting competitions, get togethers, and also to manage armories as safe places to keep weapons--like a non-profit, secure warehouse to lock up guns like semi-auto rifles, collectables, spare hi-cap magazines, etc.

This doesn't preclude you keeping your trusty 12-gauge, 30-30, 10/22, 9mm or .357 as home defense, but it does give people a place to keep if, for example, your teenage son starts acting like a psycho.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#19 Dec 21, 2012
District 1 wrote:
This doesn't preclude you keeping your trusty 12-gauge, 30-30, 10/22, 9mm or .357 as home defense, but it does give people a place to keep if, for example, your teenage son starts acting like a psycho.
I agree to a point. I know a guy that turned his shotgun, assault rifle, and two pistols over to HPD, as he was going off island for a while. When he returned, they wouldn't return his weapons to him until he got a psychiatrist to write him a letter certifying his sanity! He got his guns back ok, but WTF do they think they are doing? There would have to be a way to avoid that kind of crap happening to law-abiding citizens or the gun control people would do that to everyone they could intimidate. And YES, I think HPD is VERY much PRO gun-control and confiscation. They cannot and should not be trusted. They can carry all the time to protect their families though.
District 1

Wailuku, HI

#20 Dec 22, 2012
That's why I would propose the NRA use their resources to fund militia men to oversee community non-profit armories.
I would trust my NRA-funded neighbors to watch over my AKM, Mil Surp, and Garand more than I would the HPD.
NRA needs to get more directly connected to the communities, and not be some Ivy Tower think tank spewing rhetoric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 20 min -Prince- 3,741
Yuk yuk yuk yuk (Apr '15) 2 hr Flock of Mynahs 50
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 4 hr But But But 342
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 98
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 6 hr Princess Hey 122
Response to Dan Boylan's (fmr UHWO professor's)... 17 hr Jack 5
Bwa ha ha ha (Feb '16) Sat Licensed 19

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance