Harmful Effects of ETHANOL Gasoline

Harmful Effects of ETHANOL Gasoline

Posted in the Honolulu Forum

Mad Max

United States

#1 Nov 11, 2011
Disadvantages of using Ethanol:

•Production of ethanol requires significant energy and large amounts of land

•Fuels with more than 10% ethanol are not compatible with non E85-ready fuel system components and may cause corrosion of ferrous components.

•Can negatively affect electric fuel pumps by increasing internal wear and undesirable spark generation.

•Is not compatible with capacitance fuel level gauging indicators and may cause erroneous fuel quantity indications in vehicles that employ that system.

•Not always compatible with marine craft, especially those that use fiberglass tanks.
•Decreases fuel-economy by 15-30%.

•Tough materials are needed to accommodate a higher compression ratio to make an ethanol.......Ethanol Sucks

Ethanol Added to Gasoline causes:

Reduced Engine Power
Reduced Fuel Economy
Accelerated Engine Wear
Deterioration of Fuel System Components
Increased Repair Shop Visits
Increased Fuel Pump Failures

There are only two viable solutions:

Use ( hard to find ) Ethanol Free Gasoline or use an additive that actually reverse the harmful effects of Ethanol.

Learn More at:

http://MotorTopia.co
Pomaikai

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2011
My mothers car, a 1996 s-10 blazer is having fuel troubles. About 1 fuel pump replacement per year or year and a half. About $800 per repair!
Mahalos for info, Bruddah
Joe Balls

Kaneohe, HI

#3 Nov 11, 2011
I had a rubber seal on a boat tank let go and dumped 55 gallons of fuel. I say it was the ethanol but you can never prove it. Ethanol is really raising hell with fishing boats. The Fire Department won't officially say it, but privately they'll tell you that many boat fires are due to ethanol. It raises hell with my tractors and equipment too, because ethanol only lasts thirty days in a tank before it's absorbed so much water as to render it useless. I've taken apart carbs and found them rusted solid because of this crap.
Mahoe

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2011
My friends 55 Chevy 2door got all "Papa'a" from ethanol. Car was a monthly cruzer, fuel line swelled up, exploded and caught on fire. After the fire was put out, found additional rubber hoses under car that was ready to go too. He now runs ethanol free gas.
Jim

United States

#5 Nov 11, 2011
Im a Tech at a Construction Company. I can honestly say Ethanol has been nothing but trouble for us. Numerous Small Engine Failures, carbs, melted fuel hoses, corroded fuel tanks. Our baseyard trucks that do little traveling experienced the worst problems of all. Carbs, Injector Failures, Fuel Dampener Failure, Fuel Pump Failures. And worst of all, dealing with stranded vehicles, downtime for employees and vehicles. We have special ordered ethanol free gasoline for our main base and problems have ceased, however our other small branch uses ethanol gas and problems persist.

Say No to Ethanol or add an anti corrosion fuel additive.
Cutter

United States

#6 Nov 11, 2011
Translator

Keauhou, HI

#7 Nov 12, 2011
But...but...all the corn farmers will have to sell their crops for FOOD if not for the ethanol industry. How smart is THAT???
/sarcasm
Joe Balls

Kaneohe, HI

#8 Nov 12, 2011
Translator wrote:
But...but...all the corn farmers will have to sell their crops for FOOD if not for the ethanol industry. How smart is THAT???
/sarcasm
That's why the price of corn is up. The type of corn they bred to produce fuel sells higher. It's not even the type of corn that's eaten. The Hawaii state government made Ethanol mandatory, but not you can buy the olg gas again, but you have to pay premium price to get it. Slick, huh?
"Pay us or we ruin your engines."
Joe Balls

Kaneohe, HI

#9 Nov 12, 2011
Pardon the typing errors, I'm not awake yet. My fingers are typing on their own.

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#10 Nov 12, 2011
You can thank the environmental wackos and the failed Obamanomics for the crappy outrageously expensive ethanol gas that burns like freaking water and you have to fill it up every other freaking day

Democrats working for YOU!

#11 Nov 12, 2011
Democrats are relentlessly scheming, always trying to find ways to rip you off...trying to make you poor.

Poor, stupid people are easier to manipulate.

Right, Harry??

lol
Chip Ahoy

Kihei, HI

#12 Nov 12, 2011
Poor crumb; the cookie crumbled.
Joe Balls

Kaneohe, HI

#13 Nov 12, 2011
American_Infidel wrote:
You can thank the environmental wackos and the failed Obamanomics for the crappy outrageously expensive ethanol gas that burns like freaking water and you have to fill it up every other freaking day
Democrats working for YOU!
True, burning ethanol is not helping anyone but the oil companies and car dealers make even more money.
Ho hum

Mililani, HI

#14 Nov 13, 2011
American_Infidel wrote:
Democrats are relentlessly scheming, always trying to find ways to rip you off...trying to make you poor.
Poor, stupid people are easier to manipulate.
Right, Harry??
lol
Talk about a TV comedy hour the Republican debates have to be the funniest entertainment I have seen lately. Rick Perry has dementia and would make a great president if there was only 2 things to remember at any given time. Herman Cain has a history of grouping women. Michele Bachmann has those beetchy moments and blank stares that scares people. Ron Paul and Genrich are the only legitimate candidates but no Republican will actually vote for them. Mitt Romney is actually a closet liberal and a rat that squeals on all the candidates. If you guys want to defeat Obama I just don't see how. You guys were better of with Sarah (U-betcha) Palin. At least with her you knew she was a ditzy to begin with. All I can say is good luck to the Republicans cause they really nee it.

#15 Nov 13, 2011
Ho hum wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about a TV comedy hour the Republican debates have to be the funniest entertainment I have seen lately. Rick Perry has dementia and would make a great president if there was only 2 things to remember at any given time. Herman Cain has a history of grouping women. Michele Bachmann has those beetchy moments and blank stares that scares people. Ron Paul and Genrich are the only legitimate candidates but no Republican will actually vote for them. Mitt Romney is actually a closet liberal and a rat that squeals on all the candidates. If you guys want to defeat Obama I just don't see how. You guys were better of with Sarah (U-betcha) Palin. At least with her you knew she was a ditzy to begin with. All I can say is good luck to the Republicans cause they really nee it.
And all you have is the idiot Obama.

So what's your point??

Before you go criticizing our candidates you should take a look at your own..the worst President ever, did nothing but destroy and divide this country...

America cant wait to kick him out of our WH in 2012.

BUHBIYEEEEE, DUMMY.

hahahaha
Kebler

Kihei, HI

#16 Nov 13, 2011
Easy to follow the trail when the cookie crumbles.

#17 Nov 13, 2011
The mandatory use of ethanol was implemented because of retarded liberal legislation.

All legislation introduced by liberals should be repealed as they are all designed to ruin your life.

Its true!
Opinion

Waianae, HI

#18 Nov 14, 2011
Mad Max wrote:
Disadvantages of using Ethanol:
&#149;Production of ethanol requires significant energy and large amounts of land
&#149;Fuels with more than 10% ethanol are not compatible with non E85-ready fuel system components and may cause corrosion of ferrous components.
&#149;Can negatively affect electric fuel pumps by increasing internal wear and undesirable spark generation.
&#149;Is not compatible with capacitance fuel level gauging indicators and may cause erroneous fuel quantity indications in vehicles that employ that system.
&#149;Not always compatible with marine craft, especially those that use fiberglass tanks.
&#149;Decreases fuel-economy by 15-30%.
&#149;Tough materials are needed to accommodate a higher compression ratio to make an ethanol.......Ethanol Sucks
Ethanol Added to Gasoline causes:
Reduced Engine Power
Reduced Fuel Economy
Accelerated Engine Wear
Deterioration of Fuel System Components
Increased Repair Shop Visits
Increased Fuel Pump Failures
There are only two viable solutions:
Use ( hard to find ) Ethanol Free Gasoline or use an additive that actually reverse the harmful effects of Ethanol.
Learn More at:
http://MotorTopia.co
[Gawsp]

Thank you for sharing... I'll never that stuff in my Tesla Roadster, and the RR Electric shall be COMPLETELY OFF LIMITS.

I never knew!
Thank you so very very much. We must get together for Tea.
iram anwar khan

Indore, India

#19 Nov 15, 2012
nice one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 3 hr Waikiki Vermin 1,857
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 3 hr Bobbit Boto 543
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 4,311
Don't Dump the Chump Trump 5 hr Joe Balls 10
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 6 hr Princess Hey 520
Har har har har (Apr '14) 6 hr USA 158
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 8 hr District 1 791

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance