Why doesn't this get more attention?

Why doesn't this get more attention?

Posted in the Honolulu Forum

Masa

Honolulu, HI

#1 Sep 18, 2012
I've been seeing more and more news about anti-Japanese sentiment by Chinese because of their claims of "Japanese imperialism" over the Senkaku or Diaoyu Islands, but what about the other countries affected by what is looking like "Chinese imperialism"?

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/09...

The Philippines are being forced out of the Scarborough Shoal by the Chinese navy and other countries, like Vietnam, are being bullied out of the Spratly Islands.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/asia/china/AJ201...

China is trying to steal (as with the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, or Taiwan) or outright bully (as with Japan) their way into ownership of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, yet I hardly hear anything about it. They didn't care about any of these mostly uninhabitable islands until it was discovered they may contain large stores of natural resources.

Why aren't people protesting the Chinese embassies around the world the way they're protesting the Japanese?

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Maybe the resentment still exists over what the Japanese did to the Chinese in the thirties. You can't massacre 300,000 civilians for fun in Nan King alone and expect people to forget about it so easily. Personally, I think China has too many internal problems to go on with any military conquests. They and North Korea, (and Obama) are the last communists and it's not been good for them.
Kuualoha

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Sep 19, 2012
whys this in the Honolulu forum?

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 19, 2012
Kuualoha wrote:
whys this in the Honolulu forum?
Because MASA, the person who started it, is in Wahiawa, and wanted some local responses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 33 min Leeward Outlier 357
News Not the first: Abe predecessor visited Pearl Ha... 1 hr Mark 1
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 2 hr Princess Hey 137
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 3,755
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 104
Har har har har (Apr '14) 20 hr USA 135
The OFFICIAL countdown to Obama's LAST day thread! Wed American_Infidel 17

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance