U.S. attorney wants to keep post - News

U.S. attorney wants to keep post - News

There are 72 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Nov 7, 2008, titled U.S. attorney wants to keep post - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

One impact of a Barack Obama presidency is Hawaii will likely get a new U.S. attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
david

Irvine, CA

#1 Nov 7, 2008
kubo should keep his job. he is one of the very few hawaii lawmakers worth their keep.

kubu is a fair and ethical person who has the law in mind when he makes decisions. he has nothing but integrity and has consistently worked earnestly in a very tough position.

i rarely commend anyone, especially in hawaii government, which is big time corrupt. Ed Kubo is one I would commend....what a shame if he loses his job well done over politics. what a loss for hawaii if he leaves.

some, in the corrupt local government want him out,(and you know who you are!). he is on their case and some may be indicted as a result of his effort.

kubo needs to stay or hawaii falls down ANOTHER level into the savage anarchy that it's journey is taking it today.
Lolo

Honolulu, HI

#2 Nov 7, 2008
Seems like he's doing a good job so far. However, I went to one of his dinner speeches at Alan Wong's Pineapple room and I was as bored as he was. Food was good though but I had to stop by Jack in the Box because they feed you like a rabbit there.
irrevelant

Kapaau, HI

#3 Nov 7, 2008
david wrote:
kubo should keep his job. he is one of the very few hawaii lawmakers worth their keep.
kubu is a fair and ethical person who has the law in mind when he makes decisions. he has nothing but integrity and has consistently worked earnestly in a very tough position.
i rarely commend anyone, especially in hawaii government, which is big time corrupt. Ed Kubo is one I would commend....what a shame if he loses his job well done over politics. what a loss for hawaii if he leaves.
some, in the corrupt local government want him out,(and you know who you are!). he is on their case and some may be indicted as a result of his effort.
kubo needs to stay or hawaii falls down ANOTHER level into the savage anarchy that it's journey is taking it today.
Kubo is not a "hawaii lawmaker". He is the "U.S. Attorney". That renders are your other comments as irrevelent.
JusJeri

Aiea, HI

#4 Nov 7, 2008
How is it that someone from another state knows that Hawaii's government is "big time corrupt."?

Anyway, with regard to Kubo....he knew he served at the pleasure of the president. If he is really good, he can be moved to another position within the government so he can live out his one year and get his pension.

He knew the job specs before he took the appointment.
BozoNemesis

AOL

#5 Nov 7, 2008
8 years as U.S. Attorney qualifies Kubo for retirement benefits??? NO WONDER THE GOVERNMENT IS BROKE AND GETTING MORE BROKE BY THE SECOND!!! Ex public servants AT ALL LEVELS (that's from the local councilman up to and including the president himself, folks) deserve NADA for pension benefits...that's how the system would rid itself of career public "servants" (LOL).'Nuff said...
david

Irvine, CA

#6 Nov 7, 2008
irrevelant wrote:
<quoted text>
That renders are your other comments as irrevelent.
perfect hawaiian english...can someone translate what it is trying to say?

"How is it that someone from another state knows that Hawaii's government is "big time corrupt."?"

i am sure that i am more hawaiian than you are, having been born there, grown up there, and serving the state there for many years. everyone in law enforcement knows that hawaii is corrupt.....your former hpd officers jump ship and share their stories of corruption in hawaii all of the country.

you don't really believe it is a secret do you?

by the way, start your taro patches. you will be selling food by the side of the road soon enough.
hawaii has sewn seeds that it will be reaping with many upcoming years of well deserved pain.
Mento

Honolulu, HI

#7 Nov 7, 2008
He should keep his job at least for one year. A condition of his continued employment would be that he omplete his investigation of Bob Awana and his shenanigans in Guam. He might lose his nomination from the Hawaii bench but at least he would save his federal retirement.
The American Way

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Nov 7, 2008
HPD would certainly know how corrupt Hawaii is, seeing as how they are the center of corruption.

As for Kubo? Fire him.
jccisme

Kailua Kona, HI

#9 Nov 7, 2008
BozoNemesis wrote:
8 years as U.S. Attorney qualifies Kubo for retirement benefits??? NO WONDER THE GOVERNMENT IS BROKE AND GETTING MORE BROKE BY THE SECOND!!! Ex public servants AT ALL LEVELS (that's from the local councilman up to and including the president himself, folks) deserve NADA for pension benefits...that's how the system would rid itself of career public "servants" (LOL).'Nuff said...
it is apparent your nom de plume is an oxymoron. the article indicates that kubo was an assistant us attorney before being appointed by bush and that he needs to work one more year to earn pension benefits, not just the eight years he served admirably as the us attorney for hawaii.
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#10 Nov 7, 2008
hey david from irvine, probably the hpd is corrupt thats why they think everyone else is.kubo should do the honorable thing and resign but thats what we have come to expect from a republican and being born and raised in hawaii does not make you hawaiian by birth or blood
sunset

Kahuku, HI

#11 Nov 7, 2008
BozoNemesis wrote:
Ed Kubo was an Assistant US Attorney before becoming US Attorney. He had been in the federal system for almost 20 years.
Questioner

Waipahu, HI

#12 Nov 7, 2008
BozoNemesis wrote:
Bozo!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#13 Nov 7, 2008
Kubo has been a huge disappointment in fighting crime. Let him retire to Lanai.
aloha Ed

Kaneohe, HI

#14 Nov 7, 2008
It's time to say "Aloha" Ed. I voted for a "change". Change means you gotta to go. Change of political parties ruling. It's time for the Democrats to mislead us now.
Ed, you ask us to respect the system and now you disrespect the system. Power hungry? Give it up Ed and do the right thing and resign.
Kilauea

Holualoa, HI

#15 Nov 7, 2008
He might lose his retirement because of Bush. How tragic.
Poi Boy

AOL

#16 Nov 7, 2008
Send Kubo packing!!!!!!!!
nocanladat

Mililani, HI

#17 Nov 7, 2008
aloha Ed wrote:
It's time to say "Aloha" Ed. I voted for a "change". Change means you gotta to go. Change of political parties ruling. It's time for the Democrats to mislead us now.
Ed, you ask us to respect the system and now you disrespect the system. Power hungry? Give it up Ed and do the right thing and resign.
WELL SAID. with that..... KUBO, SEE YA, you are outta here....
Pualani

Honolulu, HI

#18 Nov 7, 2008
Kilauea wrote:
He might lose his retirement because of Bush. How tragic.
Oh Please! read the story better. He was already in the federal government when President Bush appointed him as the US Attorney. He needs to wait until President Elect Obama makes a decision whether to have all political cppointees submit their resignations. I remember Clinton insisted on having all former appointees submit resignations but President Bush did not. He let many Clinton appointees keep their jobs. Kubo has been an excellent US Attorney and he should be allowed to keep his job.
Haupia Girl

AOL

#19 Nov 7, 2008
Goodbye, Eddie!!!!!!!!
Killa Wiffa

AOL

#20 Nov 7, 2008
You don't always get what you want!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honolulu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii SUCKS! 1 hr District 1 25
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 2 hr We ALL love POTU... 2,670
This isn't Barry's America anymore 4 hr District 1 56
Bwa ha ha ha (Feb '16) 6 hr Vet 63
leeward lolo infects four Waianae Pig Farms__Sh... (Dec '14) 8 hr We ALL love POTU... 16
Yuk yuk yuk yuk (Apr '15) 15 hr USA 97
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 15 hr Tinkerbelle 4 623

Honolulu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Honolulu Mortgages